Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

On balance, I think a good decision. We may be saying otherwise in 17 games time, but I think exposing him to the Premier League now, could do him and us the world of good. 

I expect him to feature quite a bit, perhaps from the bench to start with but he should definitely be handed a few starts too.

Excited to see him play but will see these next 17 games as part of his development, rather than a big test of his future here! 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

When I've seen him I think he looks pretty well built to be honest. He looks like the Hulk compared to Gray and Maddison.

been round him a few times just looks average lad but doesn't mean weak ... far from it..

Its like Vardy and Silva are the same build pretty much but vardy is about 3 times as strong. 

Edited by les-tah

19 hours ago, Rigga said:

Bad planning by us tbh.

We should have brought him back as soon as the window opened..Could have started in the FA Cup and be able to see some of our future rather than the deadwood that was on show.

TBF it was probably the deadwood that was on show that prompted THIS decision.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 4

Seeing the reaction of some of the numpties of their Forum we should recall Benkovic too for a good laugh.  Ungrateful Barstewards.    Puel is getting some pelters.    They just do not get it, the fortunes of LCFC are more important than their promotion bid and he is a Leicester City player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genesis1 said:

Am I the only one that thinks this may not be the greatest idea?

Does a few very good months at a top championship side warrant coming into a team going for 7th, or would it have been best for his development to stay at West Brom until the summer.

If say he didn't improve us, then it's a waste of 5 months.

its a tough one really... and in some parts  i agree with you...

I have been critical of Puels tactics in the past but if there is one thing i can confidently nail to Puels flag post is that if there is anyone to get potential out of a young player and help them to develop then its him.

No one wants us to accommodate a player for the sake of it but i think the environment to help a young player develop in the prem would be a team with a very sold defensive set up.. it will give him the defensive cover he will need. Him losing the ball and us conceding a goal could crush his spirit but i’m confident that won’t happen so easily under Puel.

• Like 1

Please, please please

GIVE HIM TIME

Lets not crucify him first game when he does not put one in the top corner, or gives the ball away. I'm sure he is going to be a top player for us, exciting times if we can get these younger players to perform. COYF

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lanefox said:

I think it’s what should be expected and then be given a good 30 mins 

Sad for all my baggies mates who’ve bombarded me with texts on him coming back but only Good for the club the lad has come on leaps and bounds Definately worth a bet on scoring tomorrow, hope CP keeps playing the lad as he gets better with every game!!

Need a positive atmosphere in the stadium for these boys to flourish and play with confidence now. Hopefully when fans see these names on the team sheet they can put their opinion of Puel on the backburner and get behind them, even if things aren't working out for them. Would hate to hear moans and groans when Barnes loses the ball once or twice.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, smitha said:

Please, please please

GIVE HIM TIME

Lets not crucify him first game when he does not put one in the top corner, or gives the ball away. I'm sure he is going to be a top player for us, exciting times if we can get these younger players to perform. COYF

I can hear the groan already ..... it’s one thing that pees me off ..... a player tries to do something positive and it doesn’t come off ...... the crowd groan.  We should be bloody applauding ....the alternative is a sideways or backwards safe option ...... can we try this starting tomorrow ? give them the confidence to try positive stuff rather then be scared and take the safest option ??? 

• Like 2

Although a surprise decision and this is showing shades of last season, whereby he came back to us from being successfully on loan at Barnsley - only to start something like two games! - one would hope that he is given more of a first team run this time, especially having been more prolific for West Brom this time around as a loanee.