Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

Just now, Guy said:

Although a surprise decision and this is showing shades of last season, whereby he came back to us from being successfully on loan at Barnsley - only to start something like two games! - one would hope that he is given more of a first team run this time, especially having been more prolific for West Brom this time around as a loanee. 

I think puel was genuinely taken aback by how lost he looked at Peterborough.......

judged  that if if he couldn’t show against a league 1 side then what chance in the prem .... hopefully he will get a longer piece of rope this time ......

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Guy said:

Although a surprise decision and this is showing shades of last season, whereby he came back to us from being successfully on loan at Barnsley - only to start something like two games! - one would hope that he is given more of a first team run this time, especially having been more prolific for West Brom this time around as a loanee. 

So many reasons as to why it's different to last season. 

• Like 2

He'll get his chance, all our other wide options have had opportunities so see no reason why Barnes won't. If he shows even a little bit of consistency he'll be first choice in no time.

Might be worth taking a look at Gray's instagram if/when Barnes jumps infront of him lol I don't know  why but I get the feeling we'll receive a good bid for Gray this window and will be tempted to take it.

Excited yet hesitant. Strange time for the recall imo, but quite feasible this was down to contractual issues.

Personally i don't think he will be ready to start tomorrow, but would like him on the bench and perhaps to make a cameo (subject to how the game is going and the score ofc.)

Very happy how he has progressed over the last couple of years and if there was one player i'd really like to make the step up to the PL, its him. 

• Like 1

When he came back from Barnsley he'd been in and out of a poor side hadn't he? He's been smashing it this time around and looks like he's improved physically.

This time it's very different to the last. His confidence will be sky high, and I can't wait to see how he gets on tomorrow - even if it's only off the bench. 

Anybody that wants him banging them in for West Brom rather than playing here needs to give their head a wobble. 

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can hear the groan already ..... it’s one thing that pees me off ..... a player tries to do something positive and it doesn’t come off ...... the crowd groan.  We should be bloody applauding ....the alternative is a sideways or backwards safe option ...... can we try this starting tomorrow ? give them the confidence to try positive stuff rather then be scared and take the safest option ??? 

Got to admit im guilty of this.... but its more through disappointment than anger or frustration... I see what they were going for and what may have come from it. .. and then... oooohhh not quite :(

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

So if it is then let WBA play him tomorrow in their biggest game of the season so far and let the lad come back on monday morning to start properly.

Bringing him back on a day when he's presumably turned up to train at West Brom is poor planning and bad management IMO.

The timing of the comeback,will have nothing to do with Puel,maybe not even recruitment-management..

there would be the necessary contractual paper work!! Plus the club might of waited for other business to be concluded...or not!

Because all people in football are blind and daft,I assume Barnes himself had little say on the matter,timing or otherwise!!!I

Though I agree with your sentiments...!!

Presuming then making opinions,on that presumption is really not worth discussing,because no matter what statements player and

both clubs/manager will make,the business details and even the full train of thought,will not be forth-coming.ll

We have him back!!  Let's now see and opinionate how we can use him....I

Can he ,will he play tomorrow..??  Did Puel/coaching staff really force the issue,that they want to plan with him,or were they told!!  ???

Whatever..let the fans forget any idea of made up stories,we are here to ignore the reasons why,and support the players on gameday

and for the rest of the seasons .

I would have him on the Bench tomorrow,winning or losing give him 15-20 minutes...

after I hope then to see him playing regularly,I hope we didn't break the loan,just to bring him back as cover!!!

3 minutes ago, Lincolnshire Fox said:

Sorry, but what is this obsession with playing N'didi??... he is a liability in midfield and the weak link in my opinion. Though I do like the rest of this formation, I much rather see Mendy, who has had a stormer to date

whatever he lacks going forward he will make up for it by getting you the most tackles in a game.. unfortunately for him this year we have persisted with 2 defensive midfielders which makes him need to pass and move the ball quicker forward which highlights a weakness in his game.