Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Robert Huth Retires

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

The truth is since Huth came to the club Morgan has looked a completely different player - he's obviously picked up a lot of tips and improved. I

Or he no longer had to run around like a mad man trying to cover for all the fools he was playing with.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Huth will go down in history as one of our most important ever signings.

A true legend, a rock at the heart of the defence, and a thoroughly decent guy.

And this goal still gives me a semi :D

Remember being down there at shite heart lane and the ball hitting the net like slow motion. What a legend enjoy your retirement huthy. Huuuuuuuuth!!!!

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Or he no longer had to run around like a mad man trying to cover for all the fools he was playing with.

Or he learned from a vastly experienced premier league defender when to stand off instead of diving in and how to position himself better so he's not caught out.

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Or he learned from a vastly experienced premier league defender when to stand off instead of diving in and how to position himself better so he's not caught out.

Yeah I'm sure a player learnt that in about 5 games from Huth, but couldn't get it from Pearson a top level defender himself or the previous 10 years of coaching and football at a good level. 

The most obvious thing that happend is that he was suddenly playing with a better player. Attempting to say he was basically shit and it's all down to Huth coaching him is again just another reason to have a go.

• Like 2

The real reason we stayed up.

The most important part of our title winning team.

Huth, we will ALWAYS be in your debt.

Apparently a nice man and definitely a great footballer.

Hope the retirement is long and fun.

Just now, Babylon said:

Yeah I'm sure a player learnt that in about 5 games from Huth, but couldn't get it from Pearson a top level defender himself or the previous 10 years of coaching and football at a good level. 

The most obvious thing that happend is that he was suddenly playing with a better player. Attempting to say he was basically shit and it's all down to Huth coaching him is again just another reason to have a go.

I think you're being a bit nitpicky today especially after the Puel Out thread has been locked lol

For arguments sake you can say that with all that previous experience and coaching why did he not look so good until Huth arrived? Surely if that was the case he would have looked solid all season and sadly - he didn't. He was caught out many times during the first half of that season, some of it unlucky but the majority of it wasn't.

It was clearly obvious to see the effect Huth had on Morgan as a player and the defence as a whole. Huth was guiding Morgan and the defence through games and Morgan was clever enough and good enough to listen and pick up on this. Playing along side better players does improve a player. Since then Morgan has been a very good premier league defender.

I wasn't having a go either I was just stating the impact that Huth had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Huth will go down in history as one of our most important ever signings.

A true legend, a rock at the heart of the defence, and a thoroughly decent guy.

And this goal still gives me a semi :D

The goal gave me an angina attack, but worth it. 

What an absolute hero. Will go down as one of the club's greatest ever centre-halves and chipped in with a few mighty important goals in his time. 

Also responsible for one of the greatest tweets of all time. I'll never forget that day. :wub:

• Like 2

The world remembers the holy Kante-Vardy-Mahrez trinity.  But was this man any less vital to us?

Huth.JPG.6fac70c07a8e577c6266ea20604ac078.JPG

I'm retiring my old bobblehead jpg's one by one.  (down to JV, Marc, Shinji, Wes and Kasper)

In retrospect I would say Huth's bore the closest resemblance to the player  lol  The original slabhead

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

That's Wes Morgan currently playing and captaining the team 7th in the league. 

Why do we have to shit on people all the time? Morgan had to play with Moore, Konchesky and De Laet... who by the way went onto the heights of Reading, the glue factory and Australia.

Perhaps, just perhaps it wasn't and isn't always his fault.

Took ten minutes of his first game before we were all going 'thats what a centre half looks like'.

Took 30 minutes before he stopped passing it to Wes.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

I think you're being a bit nitpicky today especially after the Puel Out thread has been locked lol

For arguments sake you can say that with all that previous experience and coaching why did he not look so good until Huth arrived? Surely if that was the case he would have looked solid all season and sadly - he didn't. He was caught out many times during the first half of that season, some of it unlucky but the majority of it wasn't.

It was clearly obvious to see the effect Huth had on Morgan as a player and the defence as a whole. Huth was guiding Morgan and the defence through games and Morgan was clever enough and good enough to listen and pick up on this. Playing along side better players does improve a player. Since then Morgan has been a very good premier league defender.

I wasn't having a go either I was just stating the impact that Huth had.

This sums it t up for me.

• Like 1

When Robert Huth was bid farewell in the KP stadium with a bouquet of flowers and a present on 9 May 2018, I had tears in my eyes. Due to his injury his contract was not renewed.

Imo this championship hero would have deserved a better ending. Kind of sad...

Thanks and great respect to a great BIG player

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...