Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

“Nothing to play for now”

It remains to be seen whether the team can find enough motivation to get this done and finish where we are now.

The next two matches against Southampton and Wolves should be highly indicative as to where the aspirations lie, Liverpool and Manchester United will be tough enough, but maybe we can carry something into those two games.

That and whether we're trying to get new, better players on board in January already, something we haven't done in a while.

What I don't want to see is a lack of ambition and carelessness on the pitch for the remaining 17 matches. And please no repeat of last season's second half.

Has it actually been established that a 7th place finish guarantees Europa League qualification again?

Edited by MC Prussian

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’ve this quite a lot since Sunday, and a fair bit in the media, now that we’re out of both cups. 

And I’d just like to say that that is complete bollocks!

There is everything to play for!

We are secretly having an excellent season. 

We’re 7th in the Premier League.

With the FIFTH best defence!

AND the 3rd most clean sheets!

And now we’ve got no distractions from either cup.

With one of the youngest squads in the league.

And a manager with a reputation for developing youth.

So let’s cut out the persistent negativity.

We have a very, very bright future.

Let’s get behind Claude and the lads for the remainder of this season. 

Let’s help consolidate our position and push for the Europa League.

For Vichai.

Cheers. 

Couldn’t agree more 

12 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Has it actually been established that a 7th place finish guarantees Europa League qualification again?

Yes, I've been pondering this too. Does anyone know what's likely given current form if we projected to end of season?

There was an excellent Statto-type user on here (I can't remember who it was but prob from Crazy Stat Thread) during the title-winning season who was working out permutations after ever game. It was brilliant...

Finishing 7th would be a serious achievement considering all we've been through this year. 

I can’t believe that one of the earlier posts actually said that not having the distraction of the cups was a good thing!

Give me an FA cup victory over 7th in the league anytime. 

If you win the cup, that is there in the record books for ever. The memory of winning at Wembley will be with you for the rest of your life. In 30 years time no one will go “oh do you remember when we were 7th”.

I think at times we’re playing some good football, we seem to be just a couple players short of being a really decent team. Yes we are definitely one of those ‘middle league’ teams (7th to 12th).  Yes if we focussed on the League cup and FA cup it may mean we are more likely to end at the bottom of that ‘middle’ table.  SO WHAT if it means we end up in a cup final?! And let’s be honest, we got very close in the League cup.

now we are out of them! Now we have to keep up decent form right through to the end of the season! Consistent for another 17 games, rather than a few one of games in the cups.

I know it’s all about opinions, but there you go, I want us to win the FA cup before I die, selfish maybe, but after the brilliant Premier League winning season, it’s the League Cup wins and Play off wins ( along with the great escape season) that I remember the most!

On 11/01/2019 at 16:33, urban.spaceman said:

I’ve this quite a lot since Sunday, and a fair bit in the media, now that we’re out of both cups. 

And I’d just like to say that that is complete bollocks!

There is everything to play for!

We are secretly having an excellent season. 

We’re 7th in the Premier League.

With the FIFTH best defence!

AND the 3rd most clean sheets!

And now we’ve got no distractions from either cup.

With one of the youngest squads in the league.

And a manager with a reputation for developing youth.

So let’s cut out the persistent negativity.

We have a very, very bright future.

Let’s get behind Claude and the lads for the remainder of this season. 

Let’s help consolidate our position and push for the Europa League.

For Vichai.

Cheers.

Well this post aged well. 

Sorry for the optimism everyone. 

X

• Haha 1