Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Claude Puel calls for a Leicester City reality check

Physician, heal thyself.

From Wikipedia. How apt.

The Greek dramatist Aeschylus refers to it in his Prometheus Bound, where the chorus comments to the suffering Prometheus, "like an unskilled doctor, fallen ill, you lose heart and cannot discover by which remedies to cure your own disease."[1]

The moral of the proverb in general, containing within itself also a criticism of hypocrisy, is to attend to one's own defects before those in others.[2] This meaning is underlined in the fable of The Frog and the Fox that was attributed to Aesop.

32 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

If anyone needs a reality check, it’s Puel himself.

Do not let this clown blow our transfer budget in the summer. It’s clear he is not the right manager for us, so there is no need to allow him to waste millions on ‘his players’ 

Geeee....you're a teaser...!!:crylaugh:

16 hours ago, Dames said:

He really does talk a good game i’ll give him that. 

I’m concerned about the messages about lack of money though are we really that broke that we cant compete against any club in the top 10 in the market? Concerning if true.

We cannot compete against the top-6 for elite players. We don't buy players for 50, 60+ million. Fans are dissatisfied with the club when we are in 7th, so Claude is like "wtf people, get real, teams in the top-6 have bought so much talent guys like Riyad don't even start every game. Stop your whinging and back the club."

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, vanity said:

We cannot compete against the top-6 for elite players. We don't buy players for 50, 60+ million. Fans are dissatisfied with the club when we are in 7th, so Claude is like "wtf people, get real, teams in the top-6 have bought so much talent guys like Riyad don't even start every game. Stop your whinging and back the club." 

That's all very well, as long as we finish 7th.

4 minutes ago, vanity said:

The teams he specifically mentioned were Wolves, Everton and West Ham.

Thats why i’m concerned if the manager says we cant compete with these teams and practically giving excuses.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

That's all very well, as long as we finish 7th.

The point is that if fans are pissed when we are actually in 7th, they need to wake the **** up and stop pretending there are tactics or personnel groupings or managers that would have us competing with Spurs or Arsenal or Man U. These players are the problem, not Puel. They cannot fuching finish. Our strategy puts our players in position to score goals, but we shank and fail over and over again, and that is not even taking into account our player's lazy, low efdort play to start games.

1 minute ago, vanity said:

The point is that if fans are pissed when we are actually in 7th, they need to wake the **** up and stop pretending there are tactics or personnel groupings or managers that would have us competing with Spurs or Arsenal or Man U. These players are the problem, not Puel. They cannot fuching finish. Our strategy puts our players in position to score goals, but we shank and fail over and over again, and that is not even taking into account our player's lazy, low efdort play to start games. 

I definitely agree, but Puel doesn't help himself. We've rested players for the FA cup, played Matty James (who shouldn't ever play for us again) and then today gone and lost to a Southampton team who had 10 men for over 45 minutes.

Yes it's the players making mistakes, but then Puel picks the same players again. Where's Silva to replace Mendy? After the performance he's had today he doesn't deserve to start the next game, but he probably will. We've got rid of Iborra so there should be some wages freed up to sign a CM (if he's not going to use SIlva)

Well I was going to complain if we lost today but fortunately Puel prepared me with his reality check so I’m just grateful we gave 10 man Southampton a game and made them work for their victory.well done boys can’t wait for next week now,if we can just lose by 1 goal I think it will be a great result.

• Haha 1