Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Southampton Home Match Thread

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

Still don't like the fact were playing 3 defensive midfielders at home against a team in the bottom 3. Not much else choice though in terms of options. 

I agree but if it means that essentially the 3 up front can focus solely on stretching Southampton and getting in behind then I'm fine about it. If those 3 are free to attack and not worry about tracking back etc then that could be a very effective tactic.

Depends how high up the pitch the midfield 3 can win the ball tbh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Still don't like the fact were playing 3 defensive midfielders at home against a team in the bottom 3. Not much else choice though in terms of options. 

I genuinely think he is trying to develop Wild to play a little further forward to get more involved in an attacking sense.

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Best Chelsea away, man city and Everton away with them 3 in the middle 

• Like 2

Just now, Paddy. said:

I agree but if it means that essentially the 3 up front can focus solely on stretching Southampton and getting in behind then I'm fine about it. If those 3 are free to attack and not worry about tracking back etc then that could be a very effective tactic.

Depends how high up the pitch the midfield 3 can win the ball tbh.

I'd have personally gone with Ghezzal over Albrighton but happy with the formation.

I imagine we will see Barnes and Ghezzal second half when its still 0-0

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'd have personally gone with Ghezzal over Albrighton but happy with the formation.

I imagine we will see Barnes and Ghezzal second half when its still 0-0

:nigel:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not unhappy with that starting 11, will be expecting the full backs to be bombing on and almost playing as wingers in support of the front 3 with cover provided by our midfield.

Wouldn't be surprised if at some stage Puel does what he did in the Man City game and Hamza moves out wide right and switch to 4231 with Maddison moving in more centrally and changes in 2nd half with Barnes/Gray coming on - ahead of Ghezzal please!

10 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I don’t like 3 defensive mids, and he has got choices, but chooses to play it safe

Interesting formation against a team that will park the bus. Intrigued to see how this plays out. Strong looking bench too, Demari seems brighter coming into the game later and, of course, Harvey.

COYF

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

It also allows our full backs to basically play as wingers.

Bizarre the reasons for it need spelling out.

They already do play like that. All the extra dcm does is take creativity out of the middle.

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Can we all agree, at least tacitly, that Puel’s team selection is difficult to criticize - and that as a result, our hive mind should remember that if things go tits up?

Image result for well that sounds sensible gif

so...no :)

• Haha 1