Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Southampton Home Match Thread

1 minute ago, J.Lisemore said:

Mendy only playing because of Puel. Fvcking shocking player and needs replacing 

this is his first bad game and his first real mistake, other players have made countless mistakes Chilwell, Kasper, Nididi to name a few he is the least of our problems

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bfox said:

Never seen such a negative manager. Says that 6th is impossible and that we shouldn't be unhappy with 8th. States we should also lower our expectations. Well here we are... losing 0-2 to Southampton with 10 men. 

Look at the teams above us, I’m curious to know which of the teams you expect us to surpass?

Admire that there is a long term plan.  But I have seen no evidence that Puel's turgid style of play will ever ever change.  Is this really what we want year after year?  I personally couldn't give a shit about finishing 7-13th every season if the team on the pitch doesn't show the passion and winning desire to get the fans out of their seats.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Ouch

Kasper Abysmal

Chilwell poor

Maguire okay

Morgan Abysmal

Ricardo what passing is that abysmal

Mendy - what's worse than abysmal

Ndidi is he on the pitch? abysmal

Choudhury - fantastic

Albrighton okay

Maddison okay

Vardy what has happened to his control? abysmal

but I'm sure without reading that Puel is getting the most hate.

Take Ndidi and Mendy off, bring Barnes and Gray on and just attack like mad.

Albrighton in the abysmal camp too.

Hopefully we can regroup at half time - they are down to ten now so obviously a massive advantage to us. Definitely time to get Barnes on, bring Maddison more central. 

Not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but did anyone else see Puel having an argument with another of the Leicester staff - looked pretty heated.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Perhaps those player's don't want to play for this Manager? 

Seriously.... Something isn't right! 

Dreadful, truly embarrassing performances against Cardiff,  Newport and this first 45 minutes must send alarm bells ringing! 

Perhaps Puel really has lost the dressing room? 

But then Man City, Chelsea, Everton?

I think we're just too weak up front to break teams down that sit back.

Today we're just dreadful in general.

But that happens to most teams.

We're a mid table team.

Some we will win. Some we will lose. But as a club our playing staff is improving and I still look at the overall direction of travel and am happy enough. It's the direction that concerns me rather than the here and now. 

Just now, rachhere said:

Hopefully we can regroup at half time - they are down to ten now so obviously a massive advantage to us. Definitely time to get Barnes on, bring Maddison more central. 

Not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but did anyone else see Puel having an argument with another of the Leicester staff - looked pretty heated.

Advantage to us lol

Can you actually see 3 goals from this team in a single game.

I know I bloody can't lol

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I'm puel in still. I can see a bigger picture with this squad. 3rd manager where our performances have ended up like this. 

Would rather he keep working to do the unpopular job of ridding the shit before we sack.

Tend to agree -though  it would help his cause to at least avoid defeat against teams that everyone else in the division find ways of beating 

There were a fair few people lol when I said Iborra has been mismanaged by Puel last week.

I doubt he'd have put such a bad shift in as Mendy right there.  Couldn't see Iborra struggling to maintain the pace either with our slow play generally overall.

Puel might say the right things, but his execution is pretty much abysmal, as is the case today.  Patience, wearing thin, but he has to be given until the summer to "bring his players in"... and then there'll be another excuse when it isn't going right no doubt.