Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Southampton Home post match, 1-2 loss.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yet will probably start the next game. Where's the incentive to put in good performances other than personal pride?

Just look at Barnes, season of good performances for WBA and gets 45 mins today. 

Hamza, 2 great performances, was wrongfully dropped and then reinstated due to how well he's played and us missing his energy. 

1 minute ago, wurmer said:

No, we lost because of 2 rare mistakes by Mendy **AND** we allowed them to take advantage of that by being too defensive and defending waaaay too deep, giving them too much space.

And we also lost because we can't create jack shit against teams who sit deep (even with 10 men).

• Like 3

In reality, Puel cannot be blamed for Mendy's and Kasper's Fuch-ups.     Yes - for playing the 3 defensive midfielders, that is his fault.  But, playing these 3 in the middle does allow Ricardo and Chillwell to bomb forward.   This is maybe why he sets the team up like this?

The fact is Puel, is never going to win the fans over so really do wonder why he subjects himself to this horrid experience every week.  

This is all in the hands of Owners and Board now.   But this annual managerial merry go round really has to stop as it is holding the Club back. We need stability, given the squad is in transition with many changes looming in 5 months from now.  Sack him now and bring in who?  

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Just look at Barnes, season of good performances for WBA and gets 45 mins today.  

Hamza, 2 great performances, was wrongfully dropped and then reinstated due to how well he's played and us missing his energy.  

And this is probably the main reason people want Puel out, some of his decisions are baffling.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Hamza will get dropped, because Claude has no clue about tactics or consistancy

To get the best out of Harvey he needs to play in Madisons role either with him or instead of him.

He get lost on the wing has he has done U23s and loans.

He drifted inside on many occasions but looked unsure.

His pass,move and expect the ball back didn't materialise- he did his part.

Obviously been used to a quicker breaking + more positive build up.On a different hymn sheet to us.

• Like 2

I do wonder if the staunch puel in fans (not necessarily anyone who isn’t anti puel) actually go to the games? I don’t see how anyone who sits through the match can claim to see what puel is trying to do, other than blind faith that our problems will fix themselves.

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

1. Yes 

2. No, he was one of our most creative sparks. He's rated as a good, young talent, which is what he is.  Those expecting miracles off of him are the delerious ones.

Maddison creative?

He did absolutely fvck all today, in situations like today players like him need to step up and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Today he proved that he isn't a game changer and he isn't a match winner, a lot of piss poor performances but he tops my list, he was abysmal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Disappointing result of course. Mendy had an absolute shocker and I thought Maguire was poo today too. But one positive for me was that at one point we had Gray, Barnes, Chilwell, Maddison, Ndidi and Choudhury all on the field and were going for the jugular. That IS our team’s future for the next few years. All are young and inexperienced. We are likely already safe from the drop so playing these guys now is IMO a good idea. This is a transition season as is clear to see. 

I liked dropping Maddison deep to run the game with Barnes further upfield. I’d be tempted to play that way again. Hamza also looked good when we went to a midfield two so **** it just play him and Ndidi there in the next game. 

I know emotions are raw but we had all the possession in the world today and couldn’t score. We know we need to improve in the forward third but there’s no magic wand you can wave to fix it. Barnes looked promising but you could see he’s not on the same wavelength as the other players just yet. We lost today due to two stupid errors. Maybe you can criticise the 433 but Puel changed it at halftime and hooked two players. 

I would also say that the despite the loss the game was exciting and it’s not like we weren’t going for it. They camped in their own half and hung on like heroes. Fair play to Southampton they held on and fought for everything. I know this is a repeat situation for us but it will take time to fix. Even Cristiano Ronaldo was more miss than hit in his first season. He didn’t turn out too bad thereafter. 

All your posts are balanced, sensible and insightful. It's disturbing. You wanna to mix things up with a few rants and some thinly veiled racism. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

To get the best out of Harvey he needs to play in Madisons role either with him or instead of him.

He get lost on the wing has he has done U23s and loans.

He drifted inside on many occasions but looked unsure.

His pass,move and expect the ball back didn't materialise- he did his part.

Obviously been used to a quicker breaking + more positive build up.On a different hymn sheet to us.

Played on the left of a 4-3-3 at west brom so ?‍♂️

51 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Unprofessional performance from us in the first half, took the game away from us. Nothing to do with Puel. Bored of talking about him

Shame we couldnt get back into it. Harvey Barnes looked great.

Not staying on here to read all the boo boy Puel out idiotic comments

Chicken.:wave:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He was one of the only people passing to feet in the box. 

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. I think if he'd had longer on the pitch, the result may have been different.

Edited by Stan
  • Like 1

Just now, somebum said:

Currently loving all of the "Puel cannot be blamed for" comments every time we play shit and lose. But when we win, he's a genius; exactly the flip side of the counter argument 

iTs NoT pUeLs FaUlT tHeY cAnT pAsS