Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Southampton Home post match, 1-2 loss.

Guest seanfox778

Infuriating game! We rarely create clear cut chances, I can never remember opposing keepers making quality saves against us, they’re always weak or deflected potshots from distance. 

Waited until 88th minuet to push maguire up front yet before that constantly crossing into the box for no one.

wilf up front ???????

clueless

season over 

7th - no chance  . I see a repeat of last season without fa cup

probably worse as were stuck with 3 cdm s every home game - poor

• Like 1

Again created enough good chances ,to win comfortably....

But Wins against Chelsea and Man.city...now from the team,means nothing...other than individual single results.....

Even with Puel s statement,The whole unit..team,team-manager, management-owners,have to show they can translate that ethic,they

are trying to build....I excused the Cardiff result,but the team ,so called 1st team after Newport had to come out and show, a hell   of a lot

more than they did ..today...

They had the platform and support today,the individual performance,was paramount,even with the odd player

not hitting the form...Fk tactics, forget manager,forget youth.....The players as groups,individual and team have been really sloppy,and are simply

Not clinical enough either around goal,or moving the ball through midfield. It's not once or twice but so regular it spoils the whole flow of movement,

that the opposition doesn't really come under any main pressure....

Just sit back,take just these 3 games into any perspective.....Cardiff/Newport/Southamton....We had 4-5 clear cut chances in each game to win

Scrappily, comfortably or even luckily,to have taken the points,no matter how poor /avg we have played

.Sometimes ,even one off games,you can turn a blind eye,but .....Vardy ,or player taking the created chance have blown those  simple chances...

and even after those obvious misses,we have had middle,difficult chances,some way off target.....

Today ,we wasted and wasted again...Southampton actually seemed to ask .. "here go and score"!!!   

I have no answer,even if I wanted to sacrifice " Puel to the Pearsons dogs".    

even our defence is not broken through a defender but often a non-committed supporting midfielder..(a few times it's been an-in- Form Mendy )!!!

Why are players one game after another missing or not converting the obvious, my-grandma, chances....We do the difficult part by creating!!!

Even with Vardy, my Mr Leicester....is missing not just the maybes, but should of beens!!!!

Maddison Gray and Albrighton have the virus.....I bet Barnes ,will catch it... God I pray he scores his 1st goal earlier than he sneezes!!!

1 minute ago, Preston Fox said:

Just to put some perpective. Reality check needed I think. Disappointing result but we are 8th

C410EF78-1457-4FE4-8073-7039729BF242.png

I don’t agree with this, although I don’t want him gone his tactics can be bizarre at times... continuously floating the ball into the box with no target and 8ft defenders just doesn’t work... everytime teams sit back we do this. Try getting to the line more and cutting it in, afterall that is how we scored  

57 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fed up of watching this rubbish. 3 CDMs, poor finishing, constantly crossing it into Vardy, poor heading at the goal. Kasper needs a reality check as well, his distribution has been poor for well over a year now.

Kasper is turning into a real liability. Great at 1 on 1 saves, but piss poor at all other aspects of keeping this season

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I was near this couple, the tweet is a lie. The steward came over and handed her a Puel out poster, some dude just posted the pictures in reverse for attention

Yes, you are correct. I asked my steward for one but he said he's already given his quota of a hundred out and wouldn't have any more until the next game.

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Wasn't Cardiff a freak of a game? We heard the same with Newport too, and now Southampton. When does a freak game become a regular occurance?

Every Freak-end?

5 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Puel’s philosophy is a system that is not suited to even our ‘best players’ let alone the obvious poor players. In this system our ‘best players’ have major flaws: 

- Maguire is defensively suspect and error prone.

The opposition get some pace and movement around him and the chances will create themselves. 

Puels philosophy requires your defenders to be good in 1v1 situations, because you could be caught on the counter if you lose possession.

- Chilwell can’t cross. 

The opposition know they’re in no danger when he takes up crossing positions. Vardy won’t outjump CB’s and we rarely have enough bodies in the box. 

Puel’s philosophy requires attacking fullbacks with good delivery.

- Ndidi can’t pass.

The opposition don’t even need to press him. They know he will either make the obvious backwards/sideway pass or lose the ball. 

Puel’s philosophy requires us to keep the ball. We can’t do that if our CM’s are always misplacing their passes.

- James Maddison’s idea of creativity is dropping deep and passing 5 yards. 

The opposition are thinking oh this is great. Leicester’s supposedly most creative outlet isn’t even near our goal most of the time. 

Puel’s philosohy requi-... To be honest we’re so lost in attack I don’t even know what the game plan is going forward. I think Maddison naturally likes to drop deep, regardless of the system.. Just like how Vardy likes to stay on the shoulder. Both styles are detrimental whatever the system, because how can we expect them to link up when one sits on the last defender and the other is standing in the center circle. 

- Vardy doesn’t contribute with the build up. 

The opposition can sit back knowing Vardy won’t do anything with his back to goal. 

Puel’s philosophy requi-... See Maddison above. 

Overall, a poor squad needs a system built around them to get the best out of them. Puel has done the opposite and stuck to a system that doesn’t suit the players, but suit’s his vision. Obviously the question now is should Puel continue the rebuilding process and carry out his vision, or do we pray and hope Rudders finds a manager that will bring the best out of the key players above. To be honest I feel a bit ‘meh’ either way. 

good post

4 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Infuriating game! We rarely create clear cut chances, I can never remember opposing keepers making quality saves against us, they’re always weak or deflected potshots from distance. 

this is, IMO, the fundamental problem

30 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

We had +85% possession in that 2nd half and were camped in their half/box, we had arguably our most creative players + Vardy on, in fact all the players most would slate Puel for not playing or dropping etc etc yet we still couldn't break them down...I'm guessing you will still tell me it's all his fault? 

The players have to shoulder the blame there, in that situation it's up to them to find the pass, take the shot (& hit the bloody target) or just come up with a bit of guile to unlock them, surely there wasn't much he could do from the sidelines was there?

Puel seems allergic to signing any creative midfielders though. Maddison aside, he's not overseen a single striker or anyone with an iota of attacking threat. Maddison is suffering a very barren spell as well, his end product is appalling. But his set pieces are the biggest disappointment, he's learnt the art of the floated corner made famous over the years by Paul Gallagher and most recently Matty James. If he doesnt get another forward and/or at least a creative player in by the end of January then I dont see him keeping any fans on his side by the end of the season. Most fans only get to watch us when we play at home and what we are witnessing is borderline illegal, its revolting. How anyone can defend him and the football is a better man than me.

Vichai had a dream and it wasnt this.

• Like 2

I’ve had enough now.

But if they sack him, who will they bring in right now?  Big Sam?  Gary Rowett?  Jose?  **** that.

Let him just see the season through and get rid immediately to re-build in the summer.

The football under him is terrible to watch.  We don’t have players who can do what he wants (so, as a manager, why can’t he change the tactics and play to their strengths?)

We’re 8th, but we could be higher and we need to be able to break down teams like Southampton and Cardiff ... and ****ing Newport County.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I’m actually agreeing with you but sarcastically quoting (via a meme) one of the many excuses that gets made for him.

Apologies the sarcasm was lost on me I'm currently digesting a lot of food and a tip of whiskey 

I don't think you can put 100% blame on just Puel, it is him AND the players. But we all know in football, you don't sack a squad of players, you sack the manager.

Vardy gave up today, but what did he get other than crap service? We were lucky Everton made an error the other week, otherwise it would have been another game that he see's drift by without hardly touching the ball. 

It was our turn to make the error/s, and were punished.

It feels like (and this is only a hunch/gut feeling) that some (I repeat, SOME) of the players are losing the faith/getting bored/giving up, however you want to put it.

The fanbase feels toxic at the minute. We've become an offspring of 'Brexit'... pick a side of 'Puel in/Puel out' and we will abuse you for having the opposite opinion. We will also blindly argue our camp because we cannot admit to ever being wrong. "If you disagree then it is a slur against me personally" is the mentality a lot on here seem to have at the minute (and that includes me at times).

Then there is the political party statements for the puel in / puel out followers that come out on here every week which have become as boring and predictable as some of the football...

We have Puel In on one side saying "Everyone is overreacting, it's not Puel it's the players, we are 7th get realistic, if you want Puel out you don't understand football, its individual mistakes that cost us" etc.

Then we have the Puel Out statements "It is the managers fault, he's boring, our players are much better than this, where's the ambition, we are going backwards, too defensive" 

We are all so divided at the moment, and after what happened in October, that is the saddest thing. 

I am just fed up with this season, it stinks of horse poo... there's my in depth analysis!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

All your posts are balanced, sensible and insightful. It's disturbing. You wanna to mix things up with a few rants and some thinly veiled racism. 

Hahaha!

For all the football manager wannabes, how would they actually fix our problems? Go out and spend crazy money like Man City? We can’t do that because FFP rules restrict your wages to a % of your revenues. If we did sack Puel then what? We still have the same players. I mean we could big in Big Sam and play crash and bash football like Shakespeare did and see how that works out? Bring back Pearson and do what exactly? If we did somehow have Jardim in charge or even Brendan Rogers as of right here right now there is not much else we can do. 

I’m as frustrated as anyone but these things take time. If we had the same result but played Shinji, King, Simmo, Fuchs etc I’d be more upset because there would be no hope for that set of players. It’s over to our young guns now to see what they can do. But it’s going to take them time to develop. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Maddison creative?

He did absolutely fvck all today, in situations like today players like him need to step up and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Today he proved that he isn't a game changer and he isn't a match winner, a lot of piss poor performances but he tops my list, he was abysmal.

Are we just ignoring mendy from your list then? 

Maddison picked the ball up most and at least drove at the defence and found space. Yes he needed to step up, as did 10 other players on that pitch. Don't scapegoat him.

• Like 2