Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Southampton Home post match, 1-2 loss.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

I think we have a mix of good players and then average players that pull us down. We also have a weird squad full of players from 3+ different managers, all of which had different ways of playing.

I just dont see the problem changing with a new manager, bar a small bounce to begin with.

This - exactly. We absolutely have to break the cycle of a new manager every year

• Like 1

Want to stay away from this place tonight but I just can’t help myself.  I want to give you an opportunity to develop this squad Claude but for ****s sake give us something. Too many ‘attacking’ midfielders who can’t create **** all and no strikers to call on. Vardy is great if he gets his speciality but he offers nothing otherwise, first time I’ve thought he doesn’t give a **** in that second half. Second goal the killer, we are a perfect team to go down to 10 men against. 

Doesnt matter if your away form is decent, you’re not surviving unless you pick up something at home. 

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Exactly the same world as the one where a good portion of our fans blamed our defeat to Cardiff on not doing this.

Poor tactics but he can’t win.

You forget the big difference is people were calling on him not to change a winning team for the Cardiff game so the team could build some momentum and confidence.

4 minutes ago, vanity said:

We simply have no clue how to finish. Crossing intonthe middle over and over is a lazy way to play. We had plenty of scoring opportunities this game, we just shank and miss over and over again. And Mendy with the wholly unnecessary penalty, just like Albrighton last game, now Claude gets blamed again for our players being brainless on the pitch. Blame away boys, Puel has done more to develop young talent and position this club for the future than any manager in recent memory, and we probably need another summer window, maybe even two, to finally get this team playing at a level we beat these weaker sides regularly and compete w the top 6.

If that is our real goal, we need to stay the course. If we want to be stupid and fire him and go back to playing an exclusively counterattacking style, we will just go back to being a mid-tier team struggling to crack the top ten, and we'll eventually be relegated.

Which is not to say Claude is blameless. Our lads suck at finishing, they have no imagination re breaking down a box like Southampton's, we need a big striker who is steong with his hold up play and gets other players involved. The reality is that Vardy isn't worth much when we play teams who did what Soythampton just did. If all we are going to do is float balls into the box, we need players with the size to be a threat. Claude, go bloody well find someone as a Vards alternative we can replace him with in these situations. 

The team should've looked to involve Barnes more, when he went central he went quiet, but he looked more creative than Maddison on the ball out there. We need to see about starting him if we are going to play this way, Albrighton's crossing is fairly worthless as a goal-scoring  tactic with Vardy in the middle. We need wings on both sides who can attack the edge and play in Vards or Mads making runs. 

I want to see this 2H personnel grouping to start games, when we don't have ten men in the box to beat.

I used to think this ..... but now i reflect on it i don't think it's true.

Yes, he plays young players.

But does he develop their talent?? Think of the young players that looks better than his debut games.....

Gray - nope
Ineacho - nope
Maddison - nope
Ndidi - nope

Diabate - Nope

Ghezal - Nope

Chilwell - Possibly the exception, or might just be that we are seeing him play

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Span the CB, got his foot kicked. Put simply if he doesn't go down he's in on goal - obviously he's not going to dive

I assume you were at the game? If I'm thinking of the same incident there was no contact, and 3 replays showed it on stream

We had +85% possession in that 2nd half and were camped in their half/box, we had arguably our most creative players + Vardy on, in fact all the players most would slate Puel for not playing or dropping etc etc yet we still couldn't break them down...I'm guessing you will still tell me it's all his fault? 

The players have to shoulder the blame there, in that situation it's up to them to find the pass, take the shot (& hit the bloody target) or just come up with a bit of guile to unlock them, surely there wasn't much he could do from the sidelines was there?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vanity said:

We simply have no clue how to finish. Crossing intonthe middle over and over is a lazy way to play. We had plenty of scoring opportunities this game, we just shank and miss over and over again. And Mendy with the wholly unnecessary penalty, just like Albrighton last game, now Claude gets blamed again for our players being brainless on the pitch. Blame away boys, Puel has done more to develop young talent and position this club for the future than any manager in recent memory, and we probably need another summer window, maybe even two, to finally get this team playing at a level we beat these weaker sides regularly and compete w the top 6.

If that is our real goal, we need to stay the course. If we want to be stupid and fire him and go back to playing an exclusively counterattacking style, we will just go back to being a mid-tier team struggling to crack the top ten, and we'll eventually be relegated.

Which is not to say Claude is blameless. Our lads suck at finishing, they have no imagination re breaking down a box like Southampton's, we need a big striker who is steong with his hold up play and gets other players involved. The reality is that Vardy isn't worth much when we play teams who did what Soythampton just did. If all we are going to do is float balls into the box, we need players with the size to be a threat. Claude, go bloody well find someone as a Vards alternative we can replace him with in these situations. 

The team should've looked to involve Barnes more, when he went central he went quiet, but he looked more creative than Maddison on the ball out there. We need to see about starting him if we are going to play this way, Albrighton's crossing is fairly worthless as a goal-scoring  tactic with Vardy in the middle. We need wings on both sides who can attack the edge and play in Vards or Mads making runs. 

I want to see this 2H personnel grouping to start games, when we don't have ten men in the box to beat.

Mistakes happen and are forgivable and not one part Puels fault. What Puel does have control over is tactics. We can clearly play strongly during games so why do we never start this way? Why do we let other teams take the advantage and allow us to constantly play us out wide and put balls into the box, game after game, against poor sides? He's had a good year and half to figure this out and try to counteract it. We shouldn't even be this bad to start with.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Those shouting for "Puel out" (especially after 30 minutes, whilst going for a pie) have a look at yourself. 

Mendy has made 2 absolutely dreadful decisions and was rightly yanked off, other than that we looked comfortable and were creating chances. 

Nothing quite like a comfortable 2 1 loss eh? Straight outa reality check city!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Those shouting for "Puel out" (especially after 30 minutes, whilst going for a pie) have a look at yourself. 

Mendy has made 2 absolutely dreadful decisions and was rightly yanked off, other than that we looked comfortable and were creating chances. 

We took 32 minutes to have an attempt at goal. How is that creating chances? Those first thirty minutes were absolutely diabolical

• Like 2