Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Southampton Home post match, 1-2 loss.

12 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

Anyone got any clips of the goals? I missed the game for an exam.

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

I wish I had.

9 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Wish I was doing a exam. Much more entertaining that says it all

6 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I'd have rather sat an exam than watched that shite 

Cheers lads.

• Haha 1

What little sympathy I had with Puel has just evaporated after that.  He's had the tough job of replacing an ageing squad and actually done a reasonable job of promoting youth and migrating us away from the lump and run to Vardy approach which we desperately needed to be divorced from.

However, after today, the above counts for nothing in my eyes.  We as fans always blame the manager and it's the players who escape blameless but today proved where the fault lies, with Claude.  After getting embarrassed in the FA cup to "focus on the league" he had to deliver and that was as far from acceptable as you can get.  Playing against the 18th team in the league at home with three defensive midfielders, really?  Pumping the ball wide to cross to Vardy who was marked by a back five, really?  Those two "tactics" finally prove that he's completely gone.  The constant snippets from players about "style" etc. show that even they've lost faith, and today he's lost mine.

We've had a challenging year but we need to try and divorce sentiment and emotion from this and take the right decision for the club and get rid of this guy as soon as possible.  Given the points tally and the teams at the bottom, i'm reasonably confident we're staying up and it's a good time to get someone in to learn the players and see what needs doing properly in the summer.

Well done to Southampton, can't see our pathetic excuse for a defense holding on like that.  Very organised, professional and knew what they were doing.  Everything we wern't.

Edited by Zear0
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Manager sets up the team. Negative, cautious, painfully slow tempo against a poor team lacking in confidence. Take the initiative rather than surrender it. This is Puel ball. How often have we seen it? Anyone who can't see where the problem lies must be blind.

This.

Puel tactics.

1. play in way that isolates one of the PL best strikers so he has to score every other chance to get us points.

2. Make a statement saying we can never get into the top 6 as we don’t spend as much as other teams therefore putting limitations on our ambitions as a club; whilst at the same time getting his excuses in.

That will only accelerate the better players exits.

Btw Burnley finished 7th spending nothing last year ahead of you Claude.

No ambition is not what we want to see our hear.

Now piss off

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This.

Puel tactics.

1. play in way that isolates one of the PL best strikers so he has to score every other chance to get us points.

2. Make a statement saying we can never get into the top 6 as we don’t spend as much as other teams therefore putting limitations on our ambitions as a club; whilst at the same time getting his excuses in.

That will only accelerate the better players exits.

Bye Burnley finished 7th spending nothing last year ahead of you Claude.

Excuse me? Did you read the reality check thread before posting this?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarleighFox said:

Sadly Maddison Chilwell and Gray need to put performances in week in week out as today all three were not great. 

Maddison today reminded me of how Rooney played as he started to lose his way.

Coming deep to receive the ball and then spray pretty looking passes out wide but no impact in the areas of the pitch which would hurt Southampton

Edited by martyn

Just now, kingfox said:

Only two things to say about that shitfest...

1. Idiotic individual errors cost us again, Mendy needs to hang his head in shame.

2. James Maddison - Overrated

1. Yes 

2. No, he was one of our most creative sparks. He's rated as a good, young talent, which is what he is.  Those expecting miracles off of him are the delerious ones.

1 minute ago, WoodyFox said:

Not sure what the idea was with Chilwell, pereira, Gray, Maddison, ghezzal and Barnes all crossing into a box with just Vardy

Happened all season especially against teams that sit back... it is just a pathetic tactic. Get a big target man if you want to use that way to score