Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a hunch he will go in the next 2 weeks, based on nothing but a feeling. I think we're going to try and get Wagner now he's left Huddersfield which i'm really not sure on, I hope our intention is to give him the rest of the season and if it's still so divided on him then go and get Rodgers.

If we got Wagner i would be absolutely devastated and demoralised and a part of me would die. Quite a big exaggeration maybe, but i would be really pissed off if it happened. 

Puel till the end of the season for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Despite the results, the recent performances have really encouraged me that he knows where our issues lie and is moving the team in the right direction. For the first time I can say I'd definitely like to see him stay beyond this season. Whether or not he can outlast the somewhat toxic environment that some fans (and possibly players?) have created is yet to be seen.

Tend to agree (Have been developing a slight case of Puel-iness for a while now). Play is starting to look good, but it needs to keep improving and add consistency.

I fear it may be too late for Puel though, as too many "want it nows" are not willing to wait for a project to come to frutiition, and the toxic atmosphere could well tip it ovet the edge.

4 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

If we got Wagner i would be absolutely devastated and demoralised and a part of me would die. Quite a big exaggeration maybe, but i would be really pissed off if it happened. 

Puel till the end of the season for me.

I’ve not heard or read anything to suggest that Wagner will be coming here , I’m not ITK or anything I just don’t believe we would , as a club , entertain something as pointless and counter intuitive as appointing him .

• Like 1

We really have become the footballing enigma of this league... 

Is Puel doing well, or poorly? Is it the players or the manager? (or the lack of uptown funk?)

Are the players picking the team (clearly not otherwise Vardy wouldn't have been benched) but is there a small group causing disruption? Are they right, seeing they are there every single day, and we are not... so how do we know what is actually happening?

Do we play attractive football or boring football? Or both?

Is Mendy better than N'Didi?

And most of all, what is our long term plan...??

I have no idea anymore and I have no sensible suggestions on how to fix it... because I don't know anymore what exactly is broken! There are too many questions... 

Form wise, we are on a similar run to back end of last season until we beat 10 men Arsenal at home... that is when a lot of people (sometimes even players/players wives...) showed their discontent, and it hasn't ever really gone away... so how do you fix that? Winning games would help, but we can't manage that at the moment. 

Watched the game in a pub in Nottingham at the weekend, group of lads (not Leicester fans) said when our starting XI came up "Leicester have got a lot of good young players, I like what they are trying to do"... then another one said "yeah, but Puel will get sacked if they keep losing..."

Neither of those comments were incorrect in my opinion, whatever our long term plan is, keep losing, the manager gets the sack, simple. They are not going to sack one the best keepers and strikers in our history after what they achieved... They might let them go to the highest bidder if they truly believe in the manager, but I highly doubt it. So again... what's the answer?

The club has a big decision to make - Players or Manager - If manager goes, who do they hire? If players go, can the board trust the recruitment after the mess we've made of it just recently?

36 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Tend to agree (Have been developing a slight case of Puel-iness for a while now). Play is starting to look good, but it needs to keep improving and add consistency.

I fear it may be too late for Puel though, as too many "want it nows" are not willing to wait for a project to come to frutiition, and the toxic atmosphere could well tip it ovet the edge.

The thing for me is - how much does the board actually care about the fan's short term opinions in this case? Fans are fickle and their opinion will change with results - if we went on a run and got 20 points out of our next 27 available, for example, I imagine Puel out would be a heavily minority opinion. The board have their plan and have proven time and again that Puel is the vessel they trust in carrying it out. 

Whilst fan opinion may be heavily against him right now, it was more against him after we were spanked by Palace near the end of the season and he survived that. I think he will be given another season, personally.

11 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The thing for me is - how much does the board actually care about the fan's short term opinions in this case? Fans are fickle and their opinion will change with results - if we went on a run and got 20 points out of our next 27 available, for example, I imagine Puel out would be a heavily minority opinion. The board have their plan and have proven time and again that Puel is the vessel they trust in carrying it out. 

Whilst fan opinion may be heavily against him right now, it was more against him after we were spanked by Palace near the end of the season and he survived that. I think he will be given another season, personally.

I genuinely hope so. I also hope that they (in the short term) could not give two hoots what the fans think, as the board must have the longer term future in mind without the distraction of fans knee jerk short termism. I understand that people will argue that it is not short termism as we have been losing quite frequently this year. However would also like to think people recognise the improvements in play (Especially against Tottenham, despite the loss)

Guess we will see!

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I genuinely hope so. I also hope that they (in the short term) could not give two hoots what the fans think, as the board must have the longer term future in mind without the distraction of fans knee jerk short termism. I understand that people will argue that it is not short termism as we have been losing quite frequently this year. However would also like to think people recognise the improvements in play (Especially against Tottenham, despite the loss)

Guess we will see!

The thing is, we really haven't much to lose by keeping him on as a club. Yes, some players (I highly doubt there will be the mass exodus some on here are fearmongering about) will leave if we're in the same position lets say 1 year from now, but I am much more confident that Rudkin and co have learnt their lesson and will continue to replace talent with talent. If Puel really turns out to not convert any of his on field promise (and lets be clear, its absolutely there) in that time period, then at least he will have given us solid foundations, a slimmer, better squad that all play one style, and we can say that we tried our best with him - in fact, our loyalty in him would probably make us a more attractive proposition for the manager that replaces him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I think he always has, I think he's tried to go about things the right way. I think the issue is, people massively overrated players like Silva and Iborra who frankly I never saw anything from. He wasn't playing them because he didn't believe they could do what he wanted, not because he couldn't see we needed a creative influence in the middle.

New CB's attacking right back, a creative 10 were all obviously needed and had been discussed for a long time, he went straight for them in the summer. He's got a decent CM now he's shifted some of the others out. And I'm absolutely sure that he'd go for a new striker if he got the summer as well.

He's doing a difficult and painful job in getting rid of the old guard. Someone is going to reap the rewards of him cleaning all the flops and aging players out of this squad.

I’m not sure how much credit Puel can take for realising that we needed a right-back and a 10.  

You heap praise on him for the easy things that would have been done jointly with the owners, DoF and recruitment team. It’s not been difficult or painful at all. It’s all been easy thanks to the excellent way in which the club is run above Puel.

However, the things that Puel is fully responsible for: (team selections, substitutions and tactics) have been fairly poor.

10 minutes ago, Ali Begbie said:

I’m not sure how much credit Puel can take for realising that we needed a right-back and a 10.  

You heap praise on him for the easy things that would have been done jointly with the owners, DoF and recruitment team. It’s not been difficult or painful at all. It’s all been easy thanks to the excellent way in which the club is run above Puel.

However, the things that Puel is fully responsible for: (team selections, substitutions and tactics) have been fairly poor.

And yet they failed to sign these players despite it being completely obvious we needed both and only two hours ago in your words you said "  He didn't have to get rid of the players  you mention to make way for expensive additions like Maddison and Ricardo".

I get people want to slate everything he does, but to attempt to take away the credit from him when it was his style that meant we went for an attacking RB and an attacking 10, and not a couple of limited footballers (a miracle season aside) is just ignoring the obvious.

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

We really have become the footballing enigma of this league... 

Is Puel doing well, or poorly? Is it the players or the manager? (or the lack of uptown funk?)

Are the players picking the team (clearly not otherwise Vardy wouldn't have been benched) but is there a small group causing disruption? Are they right, seeing they are there every single day, and we are not... so how do we know what is actually happening?

Do we play attractive football or boring football? Or both?

Is Mendy better than N'Didi?

And most of all, what is our long term plan...??

I have no idea anymore and I have no sensible suggestions on how to fix it... because I don't know anymore what exactly is broken! There are too many questions... 

Form wise, we are on a similar run to back end of last season until we beat 10 men Arsenal at home... that is when a lot of people (sometimes even players/players wives...) showed their discontent, and it hasn't ever really gone away... so how do you fix that? Winning games would help, but we can't manage that at the moment. 

Watched the game in a pub in Nottingham at the weekend, group of lads (not Leicester fans) said when our starting XI came up "Leicester have got a lot of good young players, I like what they are trying to do"... then another one said "yeah, but Puel will get sacked if they keep losing..."

Neither of those comments were incorrect in my opinion, whatever our long term plan is, keep losing, the manager gets the sack, simple. They are not going to sack one the best keepers and strikers in our history after what they achieved... They might let them go to the highest bidder if they truly believe in the manager, but I highly doubt it. So again... what's the answer?

The club has a big decision to make - Players or Manager - If manager goes, who do they hire? If players go, can the board trust the recruitment after the mess we've made of it just recently?

Puel is not responsible for the past recruitment debacles.   But agree trusting the current scouting and recruitment set-up to deliver what any manager requires is a massive gamble.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And yet they failed to sign these players despite it being completely obvious we needed both and only two hours ago in your words you said "  He didn't have to get rid of the players  you mention to make way for expensive additions like Maddison and Ricardo".

I get people want to slate everything he does, but to attempt to take away the credit from him when it was his style that meant we went for an attacking RB and an attacking 10, and not a couple of limited footballers (a miracle season aside) is just ignoring the obvious.

People also need to bear in mind that it was unlikely that Ricardo would have been on the radar or would not have come if it were not for Puel`s previous experience with him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am getting a strong impression that people want Puel gone even if its for no-one in particular. There are very few options.

For me he stays at least untilt the summer, at which point we take stock.

I'd rather have Barry Chuckle if he was alive, god rest his soul.

• Like 1

Just now, Rusko187 said:

I'd rather have Barry Chuckle if he was alive, god rest his soul.

May I ask why? Sh*ts and giggles  I assume?

The demand for excitement/performance over results has been quoted many times, and although it was only 1 game, Sunday certainly provided that. No?

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am getting a strong impression that people want Puel gone even if its for no-one in particular. There are very few options.

For me he stays at least untilt the summer, at which point we take stock.

Agreed this is my view too.

Don't see the point in sacking him now but I also can't believe that there isn't someone else out who would be a better long term option.

With luck we'll win the next six games and I will be choking on my words.

I mean me "rather having Barry Chuckle" may have been for a laugh but reasoning for wanting him out is genuine. 

For me I do think it's a multitude of reasons, what irked me this weekend is not starting Vardy.. some people see it as he's out of form, hopeless, past it, controlling player etc but I see it as our best striker and best option in getting a goal was benched because the manager "wanted to explore more options". And in doing so he played a winger as a centre forward who spent most of the first half on the wings. I thought this was a reckless decision by the manager, if it was for disciplinary reasons there are other ways you could handle that matter but sparked me as cutting nose off to spite your face.

I appreciate we're coming out a bad run of games but he's failed to get results against teams we should really be getting points out of, people will tell you that it's "because we're mid table and that's life" but the simple fact is how he sets up doesn't compliment our team nor does it work. It may well do now with Tielemans but we will have to see, hope I'm wrong but if he loses to Palace and Brighton then I'm afraid he has GOT to go as he doesn't display the means to get results against similarly placed teams (which in my opinion is concerning given our league position). Don't think we will go down but I'd rather not risk it, nor would it be an improvement on last years finish which is what I thought was all about.

Many people in the press and seemingly some of our players don't like him, his methods, his treatment of staff and other players... there's no smoke without fire, it's coming out far too often now that Puel is divisive with only a few young players who stand by him. I can see why young players would stand by him and that's admirable, it is good he's bringing through youth but what would be better is if it was done with positive results.. something that doesn't seem to be happening. It's all well and good playing nice football and looking good but as Spurs found out in the year we won the league, it's all for nothing if you don't get the points.

• Thanks 1

Tielemans has shown how much our midfield lack of creativity is about personnel. Another issue Puel is blamed for thats actually about the squad.

Add to that our other issue which is finishing, clearly a squad issue also

We'll see how the next few games go with Tielemans, but if it goes how I expect it to go I can see no reason to get rid of Puel

Many dont like him, but thats all it is, dislike. Not based on any idea of his failings that remains consistent from one week to the next

2 minutes ago, Ali Begbie said:

Agreed this is my view too.

Don't see the point in sacking him now but I also can't believe that there isn't someone else out who would be a better long term option.

With luck we'll win the next six games and I will be choking on my words.

This is the critical bit for me. We need someone who can create an ethos, and judging by the investment in youth, it would have to be someone who can continue with that ethos and not some random manager from the standard lucky dip bucket.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I mean me "rather having Barry Chuckle" may have been for a laugh but reasoning for wanting him out is genuine. 

For me I do think it's a multitude of reasons, what irked me this weekend is not starting Vardy.. some people see it as he's out of form, hopeless, past it, controlling player etc but I see it as our best striker and best option in getting a goal was benched because the manager "wanted to explore more options". And in doing so he played a winger as a centre forward who spent most of the first half on the wings. I thought this was a reckless decision by the manager, if it was for disciplinary reasons there are other ways you could handle that matter but sparked me as cutting nose off to spite your face.

I appreciate we're coming out a bad run of games but he's failed to get results against teams we should really be getting points out of, people will tell you that it's "because we're mid table and that's life" but the simple fact is how he sets up doesn't compliment our team nor does it work. It may well do now with Tielemans but we will have to see, hope I'm wrong but if he loses to Palace and Brighton then I'm afraid he has GOT to go as he doesn't display the means to get results against similarly placed teams (which in my opinion is concerning given our league position). Don't think we will go down but I'd rather not risk it, nor would it be an improvement on last years finish which is what I thought was all about.

Many people in the press and seemingly some of our players don't like him, his methods, his treatment of staff and other players... there's no smoke without fire, it's coming out far too often now that Puel is divisive with only a few young players who stand by him. I can see why young players would stand by him and that's admirable, it is good he's bringing through youth but what would be better is if it was done with positive results.. something that doesn't seem to be happening. It's all well and good playing nice football and looking good but as Spurs found out in the year we won the league, it's all for nothing if you don't get the points.

I can see all those viewpoints. My counter argument would be that most can see that Vardy (And yes, he is truely iconic for us) is not at his best of late for whatever reason. The designated strikers we have to replace him are unfortunately laughable, and I would argue not one of them is truely a striker even remotely in same mould as Vardy.

Yes, I will quote youth, the shifting out of the old guard, you quote the recent fixtures being tough, it is such a combination of factors. I simply cannot see a replacement who will continue with the youth ethos, and this must be a desire/requirement from the board - else why spend a fortune on top level training facility. We didn't have to, we could have tried to spent 80 million on two high level players (Cos we are great at that too....)

I really don`t know the answer, but I will say (As someone else said), I have a feeling if we ditch him, it may well be "the grass is greener", and "look what you could have won type" type mentality but as Babs said, perhaps the damage is done already.

:dunno:

• Like 1