Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I can see all those viewpoints. My counter argument would be that most can see that Vardy (And yes, he is truely iconic for us) is not at his best of late for whatever reason. The designated strikers we have to replace him are unfortunately laughable, and I would argue not one of them is truely a striker even remotely in same mould as Vardy.

Yes, I will quote youth, the shifting out of the old guard, you quote the recent fixtures being tough, it is such a combination of factors. I simply cannot see a replacement who will continue with the youth ethos, and this must be a desire/requirement from the board - else why spend a fortune on top level training facility. We didn't have to, we could have tried to spent 80 million on two high level players (Cos we are great at that too....)

I really don`t know the answer, but I will say (As someone else said), I have a feeling if we ditch him, it may well be "the grass is greener", and "look what you could have won type" type mentality but as Babs said, perhaps the damage is done already.

:dunno:

The Vardy viewpoint for me was more that if he doesn't have a capable backup then how can you drop your top goalscorer.. more about persistence and with the introduction of a box to box midfielder I would have thought it would immensely help Vardy to get a goal (as demonstrated in Vardys goal, set up by Tielemans, assisted by Ricardo and finished by Vardy). I saw the starting line-up and thought it would have been perfect if Vardy started, in my eyes that was the ONLY thing that let Puel down this weekend.

Youth and that policy to freshen things up and operate in that manner I can totally buy into, would welcome it and would be excited to see it. My point is he is not the only manager in the world to do it, if given time I'd happily scout for a manager who could do this and with exciting performances and gaining points but I do have a day job. Would have liked someone like Jardim but there were no guarantees he would have came, you only have to look at Pochettino to know there are managers out there in the wide world of football waiting to be unearthed.

Edit: Peter Bosz, had a great spell at Ajax with a young team and made it to Europa League Final.. albeit didn't perform at Dortmund and is at Leverkusen.. stats shows he's doing well. Throw money at him to get him:

I totally understand by grass isn't greener, but the reality is there's no grass on the pitch anymore. I don't see how he can remain beyond the summer unless he goes on an almighty run from here on out, my rationale is if he's destined to go at the end of the season why do we wait? Bite the bullet and get rid, if there is unrest that will only upset individuals even further and perhaps push some critical players/staff out of our club. 

I would absolutely love to be proven wrong, I've always bought into stability with managers.. this is the first manager in a VERY long time where I've been saying we need to part ways with. Stability and consistency always goes to show situations can improve at clubs, but the noise suggests that under Puel... it can't

Edited by Rusko187
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

The Vardy viewpoint for me was more that if he doesn't have a capable backup then how can you drop your top goalscorer.. more about persistence and with the introduction of a box to box midfielder I would have thought it would immensely help Vardy to get a goal (as demonstrated in Vardys goal, set up by Tielemans, assisted by Ricardo and finished by Vardy). I saw the starting line-up and thought it would have been perfect if Vardy started, in my eyes that was the ONLY thing that let Puel down this weekend.

Youth and that policy to freshen things up and operate in that manner I can totally buy into, would welcome it and would be excited to see it. My point is he is not the only manager in the world to do it, if given time I'd happily scout for a manager who could do this and with exciting performances and gaining points but I do have a day job. Would have liked someone like Jardim but there were no guarantees he would have came, you only have to look at Pochettino to know there are managers out there in the wide world of football waiting to be unearthed.

I totally understand by grass isn't greener, but the reality is there's no grass on the pitch anymore. I don't see how he can remain beyond the summer unless he goes on an almighty run from here on out, my rationale is if he's destined to go at the end of the season why do we wait? Bite the bullet and get rid, if there is unrest that will only upset individuals even further and perhaps push some critical players/staff out of our club. 

I would absolutely love to be proven wrong, I've always bought into stability with managers.. this is the first manager in a VERY long time where I've been saying we need to part ways with. Stability and consistency always goes to show situations can improve at clubs, but the noise suggests that under Puel... it can't

Get all that :thumbup:

It is always going to come down to personal preference. I am super excited by the youth aspect and cling to that as something that will continue to occur and  should only improve.

The Vardy choice on the weekend was an odd one, and I (like all or most) have no idea why he was dropped for Gray (Who ain`t a striker), but perhaps

1. Vardy is kinda old (Not too me mind..), so we need to prepare for that, perhaps Puel fells Gray could be beneficial in that role, and by playing him there, he will know one way or the other
  2. Vardy is being punished - I don`t like this argument and don`t want it to be true, as it stinks of petulance on the managers part
  3. Vardy was planned to be used as Spurs tired (But Gray is fast enough, so why not do it vice versa?)

One things clear too me is that youth is the targetted direction (Hence Puel), the training ground reinforces this belief for me

6 hours ago, murphy said:

If we got rid of Puel now I would always be wondering what if...

He is building a good team here.  We haven't had the results or luck of late and we have had a lot of individual errors which happens with young teams, but I can see progress.  I want to see how far this team can go and not start all over again from square one.

I agree with you but sincerely think that his time's up here.

Unless we win all the remaining games with at least 3 goals difference. There is too much toxicity, he makes sometimes baffling decisions, some players don't buy into him (we can more or less guess who) and the results of his work won't really appear this season. I think that we got Tielemans (if he's the player he's suposed to be) one transfer window too late. With the latter you can get a better grasp of the football he wants us to play and I found it really enjoyable, despite the loss. This young team needs to grow together and still need one more season. He won't last until then.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I agree with you but sincerely think that his time's up here.

Unless we win all the remaining games with at least 3 goals difference. There is too much toxicity, he makes sometimes baffling decisions, some players don't buy into him (we can more or less guess who) and the results of his work won't really appear this season. I think that we got Tielemans (if he's the player he's suposed to be) one transfer window too late. With the latter you can get a better grasp of the football he wants us to play and I found it really enjoyable, despite the loss. This young team needs to grow together and still need one more season. He won't last until then.

You might be right.  There does seem to be this whiff of toxicity around and I don't really get it.  Who's to blame?  Puel or the fans.  Without knowing what goes on around the training ground I blame the latter.  I really don't see what Puel has done to deserve this.

The funny thing is that although we're going through a bad spell in terms of results, recent performances (Wolves, Liverpool, Spurs) have made me more positive about Puel and the direction he's taking us.  We've just been let down by a huge amount of individual errors which will iron itself out.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

You might be right.  There does seem to be this whiff of toxicity around and I don't really get it.  Who's to blame?  Puel or the fans.  Without knowing what goes on around the training ground I blame the latter.  I really don't see what Puel has done to deserve this.

The funny thing is that although we're going through a bad spell in terms of results, recent performances (Wolves, Liverpool, Spurs) have made me more positive about Puel and the direction he's taking us.  We've just been let down by a huge amount of individual errors which will iron itself out.

He has the right idea's but the situation now is to toxic, most of the fan base dislikes him, a large number of the players clearly don't like him and its stained this season again. I'll be completely honest i thought he'd be gone after spurs but maybe he will be here till the end of the season, who knows..He clearly won't be our manager next season though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I'm absolutely convinced that a lot of minds were already set because of his short tenure at Southampton and it became with time a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy....

I think you are spot on here and it is saddening that so many among our fan base fail to be open-minded and judge him on his merits.  Minds were made up and positions entrenched.

It makes me wonder whether it is a mistake to pander to this element among us.  In my eyes his position was prejudiced from the start, that can't be right.

I'd rather sack the fans!

• Thanks 3

No follow up on two self stylised ITK's insinuating whatever 'g g g' means and 'gone', then directly pushing bookie odds in thread and encouraging others to drop money on it yet? I trust people are intelligent enough to usually know what they're doing with their own money but anonymous posters doing stuff like that makes me uneasy, surely a rule breach of FT attemping to manipulate folk into betting; whether or not they stand to gain from it

Whole while Chelsea were getting ravaged at the Etihad so the odds were actually getting wider anyway makes it even stranger

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think you are spot on here and it is saddening that so many among our fan base fail to be open-minded and judge him on his merits.  Minds were made up and positions entrenched.

It makes me wonder whether it is a mistake to pander to this element among us.  In my eyes his position was prejudiced from the start, that can't be right.

I'd rather sack the fans!

I think you are wrong. Our fans are open-minded and fair, but after game after game where we set up negetatively, always starting up one up front, then going behind, you get worn down with the disappointment and frustration.

Because of Puel's constant negetative policy, we have dropped points at Brighton, Fulham and Liverpool away and lost at home to Cardiff and Southampton. We only introduce a second forward when we are losing and then immediately change the game in our favour.

Playing no forward at Tottenham was an absolute disgrace and showed his complete disregard for the travelling fans. We don't even play a pressing game with non tacklers like Gray, Ghezzal and Barnes in the team, which puts too much pressure on Indidi and the central defenders. 

The he guy needs to go and go quickly. If we get turned over by Palace and Brighton, then we are in trouble. 

Building for the future is just basically cobblers, paper talk, you need to build a winning mentality and we don't have that anymore. We are the pushovers in this league because of Puel.

He needs to go and quickly.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I think you are wrong. Our fans are open-minded and fair, but after game after game where we set up negetatively, always starting up one up front, then going behind, you get worn down with the disappointment and frustration.

Because of Puel's constant negetative policy, we have dropped points at Brighton, Fulham and Liverpool away and lost at home to Cardiff and Southampton. We only introduce a second forward when we are losing and then immediately change the game in our favour.

Playing no forward at Tottenham was an absolute disgrace and showed his complete disregard for the travelling fans. We don't even play a pressing game with non tacklers like Gray, Ghezzal and Barnes in the team, which puts too much pressure on Indidi and the central defenders. 

The he guy needs to go and go quickly. If we get turned over by Palace and Brighton, then we are in trouble. 

Building for the future is just basically cobblers, paper talk, you need to build a winning mentality and we don't have that anymore. We are the pushovers in this league because of Puel.

He needs to go and quickly.

Not sure what game you watched, was it a rerun?

Really hope these rumours turn out to be false. I mean sack him for Cardiff, or Southampton, but not for 3 spirited performances against top 4 sides, each of which could have been wins on a different day with a bit more luck and clinical finishing from our young players.

We’ve just got Barnes back and he looks an exciting prospect. He will undoubtedly come good and start scoring goals given time, unless our “fans” ruin his confidence by turning on him after a few mistakes.

Tielemans looks like he might be the missing piece of the jigsaw, and even if he doesn’t eventually sign, it shows that the club is aware of what is needed. He gives the opportunity to test what is required to complete the side.

The football in these last 3 matches has been entertaining and exciting, despite the results. To abandon the project by getting rid of Puel at this stage would be utter madness.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I don't understand why all these people are saying that they have no idea why Vards was on the bench. Are they delusional, or blind? 

F**kin K**bh***ds.  :rolleyes:

Maybe they aren't eager to make blind assumptions.

Is anybody else into hiking? Proper hiking. Mountain-top hikes. Map and compass stuff? White-outs and zero visibility hiking? If you’ve been there. Where you’re counting your paces to know where you are on a map, then you’ll understand this comment. That’s where I fear Top might be now. That feeling of ‘am I lost and about to fall off a precipice”? Wondering if you should leep going or turn around. Total indecision as to whether you’re doing the right thing or the worst thing. Whether it’s going to cost you everything. At that moment, you have to choose the right voice in your head to listen to. I’m 

sure Top is surrounded by voices right now. I hope he chooses the right one to listen to and finds the nerve to keep going. 

• Like 1

I still don't know what way to judge Claude's time with us.

The last 3-4 months of 2017/18 were so underwhelming/uninsipring that I was in favour of his removal there and then.

This season he has bought some very good players. Ricardo has been excellent despite a dodgy start. Maddison has been effective if a little bit undercooked recently. Ghezzal hasn't been above and beyond Mahrez but hasn't sunk to Musa standard. Evans has proved a good fit. He's unfortunate that he came in the backdrop of the Silva debacle that weakened our midfield.

The major flaw is that he hasn't addressed the state of the attack.  Vardy hasn't been in the form of 2015/16 but he is still a menace to teams. Was right he was dropped for the West Ham game but we were no threat without him. He was the only player to score a goal against all of the top 6 sides last season. You can't go into battle against them without Vardy.

He has done OK this season and will hopefully leave a good legacy. He's certainly not as damaging as his replacement in Southampton or a Pardew. It does seem that he is running out of time though.

Edited by Blue ROI

I think some on here are far too convinced that he'll be gone at the end of the season.

I think you could be in for a nasty surprise. This place, and the internet in general is far more polarised than at the ground, and even the moaners tend to soften far more than the "I've made my mind up, and im sticking to it" type opinions on here.

I personally think the spurs game was a turning point. I also hope i am right in thinking that top will think "**** what the fans think" The moaning about puel is not new and he's already stayed far longer than people wanted.

He probably was on the ropes before the helicopter crash but for all the things people moaned about before, he appears to be making great strides kn fixing them.

Of all the times he could have been sacked, he probably deserves it least of all now.

I think and hope vardy being dropped was a naughty step type punishment and the sooner he realises who is boss the better.

And as for kaspers comments via his dad, he might want to be grateful he was the last man standing from the title win, rather than wanting his mates to play with him. Who the **** do either of them think they are. Unlike the Vardy situation, we are better placed to let kasper go than we ever have been.

The change in playing style has not been seen since nigel pearson changed us from what we were, to strolling the championship in style. Puel is doing exactly what we all wanted him to do. Phase out the old guard, and guess what, the old guard aint happy.

**** em i say.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, murphy said:

If we got rid of Puel now I would always be wondering what if...

He is building a good team here.  We haven't had the results or luck of late and we have had a lot of individual errors which happens with young teams, but I can see progress.  I want to see how far this team can go and not start all over again from square one.

You do realise that getting rid doesn’t mean starting from square one don’t you?

The board could chose to appoint a manager who favours a possession-based style and gives youth a chance whilst not having the flaws that Puel has.

This is one of the Puel In arguments I really don’t get. As if we have the only manager in world football with such tendencies.

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

You do realise that getting rid doesn’t mean starting from square one don’t you?

The board could chose to appoint a manager who favours a possession-based style and gives youth a chance whilst not having the flaws that Puel has.

This is one of the Puel In arguments I really don’t get. As if we have the only manager in world football with such tendencies.

Naturally he'll have none of his own.

52 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Think it will honestly be a case of lets see where we finish this season and if its Top 12 he will stay to continue the project . 

I hope it pans out like that but if we struggle over the next game or two and find ourselves 10 games from the end of the season and 5-6 points off the relegation zone then I doubt very much we'll be willing to wait and see where we end up, simply because the danger of sleepwalking into a relegation battle could be immense by that stage. I know people think that it's arrogant of us to believe that we deserve better than Puel (and I pretty much agree), but the ultimate arrogance might well be thinking that we're immune to the consequences of huge collapses in form before the points are on the table. It's highly unlikely that we'll land ourselves in a scrap this year because we have 32 points and should pick up a good few more, but of course 32 won't be enough for survival and if our form over the past 6 matches continues for much longer we'll naturally get embroiled.