Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

9 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The board could chose to appoint a manager who favours a possession-based style and gives youth a chance whilst not having the flaws that Puel has.

They could well try to do that, but that requires that there are managers who:

a) Would want to come here

b) Would represent an tangible improvement on Puel - who, despite what some might tell you, isn't actually an awful manager and a complete moron

c) Are on the radar of our recruitment team/DoF - who so far have shown no real inclination towards appointing talented yet less well-known coaches from abroad

In addition to that they also favour possession football (which a lot of our supporters don't want anyway), play and develop youth, and don't have any of Puel's apparent flaws. How many managers that meet those criteria do you think there are?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Cool - let's have a realistic short-list of viable and logical replacements to discuss.

The results lately are poor but performances are miles better. I think (and hope) it's a short matter of time before the wins return.

Give me a full time job as a Premier League director of football or sporting director for a couple of years and I’ll have a list as long as your arm of established and upcoming managers, past achievements and key characteristics, playing styles and player preferences. I’ll have contacts on every continent, make regular trips to scout out my potential successors and contingency plans for if my current manager gets sacked or poached by another club.

But I’m yet to come across anyone on this forum who fits the above description so to discuss names is nothing more than conjecture.

In the same way that Southampton fans probably wouldn’t have named Hassenhutl on forums or Huddersfield fans wouldn’t have named Wagner on theirs a couple of years ago.

The decision to sack Puel should be in no way influenced by Joe Bloggs on a forum being able to rattle off names of his next potential Leicester manager.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

You do realise that getting rid doesn’t mean starting from square one don’t you?

The board could chose to appoint a manager who favours a possession-based style and gives youth a chance whilst not having the flaws that Puel has.

This is one of the Puel In arguments I really don’t get. As if we have the only manager in world football with such tendencies.

Most managers have their own ideas and their own players even if they favour the same formation but if you're right, why would we want to sack Puel and replace with Puel MKII?

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Give me a full time job as a Premier League director of football or sporting director for a couple of years and I’ll have a list as long as your arm of established and upcoming managers, past achievements and key characteristics, playing styles and player preferences. I’ll have contacts on every continent, make regular trips to scout out my potential successors and contingency plans for if my current manager gets sacked or poached by another club.

But I’m yet to come across anyone on this forum who fits the above description so to discuss names is nothing more than conjecture.

In the same way that Southampton fans probably wouldn’t have named Hassenhutl on forums or Huddersfield fans wouldn’t have named Wagner on theirs a couple of years ago.

The decision to sack Puel should be in no way influenced by Joe Bloggs on a forum being able to rattle off names of his next potential Leicester manager.

So is your outlook is to trust the hierarchy at the club with regard to replacements?  Those that are more qualified.  It's not your job after all.  Que sera sera.

If that's the case, then maybe you should trust them if they decide to keep the current manager?  You can't have it both ways.  

If fans agitate for a change, they should have some idea of what they actually want instead.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, murphy said:

Most managers have their own ideas and their own players even if they favour the same formation but if you're right, why would we want to sack Puel and replace with Puel MKII?

Perhaps the MKII version comes with increased performance.... 

And alloy wheels? 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, murphy said:

So is your outlook is to trust the hierarchy at the club with regard to replacements?  Those that are more qualified.  It's not your job after all.  Que sera sera.

If that's the case, then maybe you should trust them if they decide to keep the current manager?  You can't have it both ways.  

If fans agitate for a change, they should have some idea of what they actually want instead.

You've done my job for me - what do I owe you?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Of course he will. Every manager does. But some still achieve whilst having their flaws.

Oh, like Puel then? Who, let's not forget, hasn't finished outside the top half yet in this country and, iirc, in his entire career

31 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Oh, like Puel then? Who, let's not forget, hasn't finished outside the top half yet in this country and, iirc, in his entire career

Yeah but we won the league not long ago so he has single handedly destroyed us.

And his footballs boring and we'd rather watch entertaining football and not win (oh like liverpool, man u and tottenham matches)

Yeah but, he still talks boring.

And that ladies and gentleman is why he still needs to go despite improving the football.

Edited by gw_leics772

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Perhaps the MKII version comes with increased performance.... 

And alloy wheels? 

Ah, but new is not always better.

It might not be the new improved MKII, it might be the difficult second album or the terrible sequel.  Before you know it we've signed the equivalent of Tron 2.

• Like 1

Was Puel out but now Puel in. Was very impressed with his brave decision to drop Vardy for the future of LCFC. Vardy will not be here indefinitely. Has had an attitude with our last 3 managers. He is not bigger that the club. A legend yes, but I just think it's all about him and not LCFC. The future of our club is with the young guys. Vardy appears to have lost a step and doesn't bust his guy anymore. Only comes to play when he is either critised or questioned. Now Puel in definitely

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Was Puel out but now Puel in. Was very impressed with his brave decision to drop Vardy for the future of LCFC. Vardy will not be here indefinitely. Has had an attitude with our last 3 managers. He is not bigger that the club. A legend yes, but I just think it's all about him and not LCFC. The future of our club is with the young guys. Vardy appears to have lost a step and doesn't bust his guy anymore. Only comes to play when he is either critised or questioned. Now Puel in definitely

Agree with the part about the future.

Unsure on the Vardy attitude point (could be right) as, as with all news media, it is impossible to tell if there is truth in any of the reported information, especially when success for a media company is judged on hits rather than credibility/truth. (Just look at the disgraceful Brexit coverage)

Would be interested to know if any of Illuminati/Inner Circle/Stalkers/ITKs have a more clear opinion on this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would be interested to know if any of Illuminati/Inner Circle/Stalkers/ITKs have a more clear opinion on this.

What do you wanna hear? I can make up anything with the best of them, just like they do. 

• Haha 1

Just now, knitro said:

What do you wanna hear? I can make up anything with the best of them, just like they do. 

Great stuff - can you tell me the following please?

1. Is there any discontent in the camp?
  2. Why we are leaving Europe as the referendum was not binding and we are making a pigs arse of it?
  3. Does Claude wear big girl knickers in private?
  4. When are they swapping the Kop with the Family stand?

Thanks for your valuable insights in advance :thumbup:

4 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Shame we haven't another striker who is capable of scoring and we need to play a winger at centre forward then.

It might have been a brave decision, but it's also a stupid one when there is no back up.

He's hasn't got the majority of fans regardless of the Puelittes on here. Not just my opinion, got to be only manager ever to not have a song or at least give us a wave.

Clearly hasn't got the backing of many players.

I couldn't care less who is the manager as long as he doesn't make stupid arrogant decisions continuously.

He has been gifted many decent players. The fact that is starting to materialise is that we stand to lose many of these players because of him

Just now, Bob Hazels shorts said:

He's hasn't got the majority of fans regardless of the Puelittes on here. Not just my opinion, got to be only manager ever to not have a song or at least give us a wave.

I couldn't care less who is the manager as long as he doesn't make stupid arrogant decisions continuously.

He has been gifted many decent players. The fact that is starting to materialise is that we stand to lose many of these players because of him

Many?  Who do we stand to lose because of Puel?

I think the only players who we stand to lose we can afford to lose

Its such a weird situation and I don't think opinions will change even if he goes at the end of the season or before. If we are better next season people will say its because Puel has gone while others will say it would have happened anyway because the players are continuing to develop and will be stronger next year. 

For me he's only a couple of good home wins away from having the backing of most. 

The one word that is consistently used here to describe Puel is 'arrogant'. 

Feels like something that gets repeated and repeated until it becomes accepted truth. Unless standing your ground and sticking to your plan in the face of tragedy and intransigence is the new definition of arrogance, then I'm not buying it. 

I totally understand if people cannot see any sign of progress - that's a valid perception - but let's not pretend getting rid of Puel solves the deeper issues that have become apparent since 2016. 

9 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Sounds like a stupid decision to give Vardy a 4 year contract then if that's how you feel?

4 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Oh yeah, I remember singing fondly for Gary Megson. :rolleyes:

For what it's worth I do recall people singing Puel's name a number of times early in his time with us. I suspect people who support him remaining our manager haven't bothered to try so much in recent months because they know the kind of shit they'll get for doing it, whether it's justified or not.