Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

10 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Who the **** is voting in? What vision are you even seeing? We are so wank it's hilarious. No doubt it's people that don't actually have to endure watching that shit.

Me.

We are safe from relegation.

On the whole his signings have been decent, and there is a clear vision in terms of developing young talent. Yes it can be a tough watch at times, especially if you only see home games, but he deserves another window to address the imbalances in our squad and let's see where we go.

The only way we should be firing him now is if there is an identified successor who shares the long term vision of the club. Else you run a real risk if you abandon that plan and instead end up on the manager carousel, which eventually catches up with you.

Not saying this is your view, but I've read too many comments from those who want him out who seem to assume a return to the counter attacking football of the (first half of the) title winning season is as easy as clicking your fingers. They'll be sorely disappointed to find out it's not so easy.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bunyip said:

I'm just wondering, all of those posters who are complaining about this poll post, why are you even posting a reply. :dunno: surely it's easier just to ignore?

Because we’re sick and tired of this ridiculous dross clogging the board?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Someone who has a season ticket and has seen far worse than this. Someone who can see what he is trying to do, and wants to support him in his vision. Someone who is prepared to back the lads, in good times and in bad. 

That's who. 

cheers to that debs

some rare sense amongst the madness

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Me.

We are safe from relegation.

On the whole his signings have been decent, and there is a clear vision in terms of developing young talent. Yes it can be a tough watch at times, especially if you only see home games, but he deserves another window to address the imbalances in our squad and let's see where we go.

The only way we should be firing him now is if there is an identified successor who shares the long term vision of the club. Else you run the real risk if you abandon that plan and instead ending up the manager carousel, which eventually catches up with you.

Not saying this is your view, but I've read too many comments from those who want him out who seem to assume a return to the counter attacking football of the (first half of the) title winning season is as easy as clicking your fingers. They'll be sorely disappointed to find out it's not so easy.

You are correct. It's going to take a miracle worker to shake off his boring negative football and his mind-numbing tactics and weird team selections. But I bet you once he's given the boot that's exactly what the new manager will do just by clicking his fingers.

Just now, Bunyip said:

I'm just wondering, all of those posters who are complaining about this poll post, why are you even posting a reply. :dunno: surely it's easier just to ignore?

Just pointing out the fault in putting it up not even an hour after a defeat. You're obviously gonna get bias replies. Do it mid-week when the last game has been and gone and we're looking forward to the next game.

That's if you want a fair result though and not just a complete slagging off of the manager which is what this seems to be, in which case don't even make it a poll. 

Just get rid... Puel will always be divisive. 

The results and position are never that bad that all fans want him out

And if he does somehow get a few wins together, the football is so negative and boring that a large percentage of fans want him out anyway 

He shouldn't be the public face of Leicester City fc... The man has no personality and is unable to inspire any player 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Someone who has a season ticket and has seen far worse than this. Someone who can see what he is trying to do, and wants to support him in his vision. Someone who is prepared to back the lads, in good times and in bad. 

That's who. 

Same as that.

Building for next season. 

Not sure why everyone is getting so worked up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

You are correct. It's going to take a miracle worker to shake off his boring negative football and his mind-numbing tactics and weird team selections. But I bet you once he's given the boot that's exactly what the new manager will do just by clicking his fingers.

I can’t tell if you think you’re being profound and clever, or...

• Haha 1

He'll probably go but individual errors by our own players will have cost him his job.

Not his fault that Mendy was an utter idiot today.

Not his fault that certain players don't step up to the plate *cough* Maddison.

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

Yep, wish we still had big Shakey in charge. He managed to maintain the scintillating levels we reached against Liverpool and Sevilla after Claudio.

And who can forget Puel himself who played a superb fast counter attacking style in his first few games after replacing a team labouring under.......?

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So why don't you wait until the next win and start a poll?

For the record, I think both the poll and all of the dramatic grand standing threads after every result are actually shit. 

I think they're shit when we win and shit when we lose because right now this place is just full of two teams of absolutist retards that see no shades of gray and are just taking it in turns after every game to go HA I TOLD YOU SO. 

The Puel In mob that were insufferably smug after the Man City and Everton wins are just as awful as the Puel Out mob that are insufferably smug after games like today and Cardiff. 

The place is more polarised than it was even when Pearson nearly took us down. 

But like it or loathe it, that is what foxestalk is. Its a (relative) free for all. There's no iq test or decent poster test before you get to give an opinion or start a thread, else all of the "football intellectuals" that think they're some kind of genius for not being "knee jerk" and wanting Puel out would be be extremely surprised to find their posting rights removed along with all of the idiots starting these polls every loss. 

But the bottom line is, every single one of them is Leicester, every single one of them has a right to an opinion and every single one of them is here to voice it. 

There's no constructive posts, there's no purpose to post other than sharing. But getting pissed off with people for being pissed off after a loss or being happy after a win is just ****ing stupid. Nobody is forcing anyone to read this shit. Log off, go play with your kids, take the dog for a walk, go see your mates. And leave those that want to bitch on here bitch. 

I've ran out of reacts for today, but this is a brilliant post. 

Fully agree with everything you've said here. 

The forum is sadly two opposite sides digging at each other. 

Probably shouldn't have dived in to sh1t on the poll when I did, just sick of seeing people kick the "Puel out" ball when we lose and go missing when we win. 

But as you said, it isn't worth it.

25 minutes ago, knitro said:

saying 'Puel Out' isn't a criticism. It's whining for whining's sake, and this thread is emblematic of the mentality. What's constructive about it? Let's fire another manager, have a 4th one come in, reassess our players and make so there's another 18 months before something coherent can happen.

I'm sure people can give you a list of constructive criticism for Puel. He hasn't changed one bit since the end of last season.

You think something coherent is happening now? That seems a very strange word to use. Is it his youth policy plan? Like someone said in another thread, only Chillwell seems to have improved under him; everybody else's development seems to have stalled, and some like N'didi, seem to have regressed.

If you seriously enjoy watching this I consider your boredom threshold is something else.

I actually wouldn't sack him until the end of the season as it doesn't matter now and there may be better options in the summer but we now have nearly half a season worth of barely competitive friendlies to endure. Enjoy!

• Like 4

When he was appointed in the first place I was very disappointed. He was and still is very uninspiring. He has no charisma and is boring as hell to listen to.

As a result, he has a far higher bar to reach to please me than perhaps other managers would.

I'm not saying that's fair or even makes sense, it's just how I feel.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mark said:

Last poll was on the 15th December, then 16th September. Unless I'm mistaken, very much not every game.

Out and not entitled.

An exaggeration on my part it’s not every loss there wasn’t one after the Cardiff game. The loss prior to that was mid December. 

I’ve said my feelings and if your good with it then fine 

In and not deluded 

• Haha 1

I don’t get people saying we are building. We haven’t improved at his style of football in the last 18 months. Majority of our goals and points have come from counter attacking football. Yes Puel is bringing through young players, but removing all creativity and confidence they have 

• Like 1

How about the players take some responsibility for shit marking, poor/slow passing, shit crosses and crap finishing?

And how about we cut them some slack. It must be tough at the moment, and many are young lads. 

*I am also as frustrated as anyone, but are still 7th... and where our budget probably places us.

• Like 1