Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

1 minute ago, bmouth_fox said:

How about the players take some responsibility for shit marking, poor/slow passing, shit crosses and crap finishing?

And how about we cut them some slack. It must be tough at the moment, and many are young lads. 

*I am also as frustrated as anyone, but are still 7th... and where our budget probably places us.

We are 8th mate.

• Like 1

Id quite like to see something from Top et al to properly address the fans concerns, show a bit of understanding at current frustrations and a little knowledge around the situation. I think this underbelly of discontent is going on far to long and it's becoming a very negative, toxic almost, experience on Match days and this compounds everything else in itself, effects those on the pitch etc. It's all very quiet and just keep going don't worry air about it and I'm worried eventually as a club we will just drop off the radar, expectations will become so low again that we'll find ourselves in deep shit somewhere along the line. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Someone who has a season ticket and has seen far worse than this. Someone who can see what he is trying to do, and wants to support him in his vision. Someone who is prepared to back the lads, in good times and in bad. 

That's who. 

Can see what he is trying to do? What’s that see how he can fit 4 defensive midfielders in his team next week. 

It’s admirable that you’re defending the manager but let’s be realistic the football is fvcking turgid and the manager looks clueless in a majority of the home games.

• Thanks 1

Playing three defensive midfielders against a team in the bottom three. How negative can you get? I think it's ridiculous we aren't giving Silva a chance after that. We have no quality Centre mid who can play an accurate through balls/forward pass. Southampton made us look foolish in the second half. We are a hopeless team in possession.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

Playing three defensive midfielders against a team in the bottom three.  I think it's ridiculous we aren't giving Silva a chance after that. We have no quality Centre mid who can play an accurate through balls/forward pass. Southampton made us look foolish in the second half. We are a hopeless team in possession.

Hamza was employed today to win the ball and drive forward. He consequently found himself playing quite high up the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I think it's ridiculous we aren't giving Silva a chance after that. 

Might be a tad late for that.

4 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

We have no quality Centre mid who can play an accurate through balls/forward pass. 

We have a very talented No.10 - when he plays there.

4 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Southampton made us look foolish in the second half. 

No more than West Ham when they sat nine men behind the ball.

5 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

We are a hopeless team in possession.

Disagree. We need an end product and fast early balls into the box

• Like 1

Should stay until the summer, not because he will deserve to, but more so because I think we are much more likely to get a top replacement in, with the likes of Rodgers, Benitez and maybe even Howe being tempted here. 

Rodgers for me! However, Puel should have the next 16 games. 

Can people explain why they want Puel in? We are not going anywhere under him, he’s got nothing about him. No motivation or emotion at all. People will go “oh your 8th in the table” or “ be realistic about where your going to finish”. Absolute nonsense. Yeah looking at the table it looks alright but when your watching the shit week in and week out it’s boring football. I don’t know any manager that plays 3 defensive midfielders against a team that are struggling. We are constantly dropping points at home to teams we should be beating and I’m not saying we should smashing teams and be challenging for top 6 or anything like that but I want to see fun exciting football back at Leicester. He messed up against Man City. He plays a shit team against Newport and gets beat. Now we have nothing to play for. I just don’t see why people want him in. 

Edited by SJordy12
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

How about the players take some responsibility for shit marking, poor/slow passing, shit crosses and crap finishing?

And how about we cut them some slack. It must be tough at the moment, and many are young lads. 

*I am also as frustrated as anyone, but are still 7th... and where our budget probably places us.

If you bothered to look at the table we are actually 8th.

Br

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Should stay until the summer, not because he will deserve to, but more so because I think we are much more likely to get a top replacement in, with the likes of Rodgers, Benitez and maybe even Howe being tempted here. 

Rodgers for me! However, Puel should have the next 16 games. 

Rafa is 100% class but plays very defensive football

I love Howe but can't see him coming here. Kind of a lateral move.

Rodgers is stealing a paycheck. He just isn't very good

2 minutes ago, SJordy12 said:

Can people explain why they want Puel in? We are not going anywhere under him, he’s got nothing about him. No motivation or emotion at all. People will go “oh your 8th in the table” or “ be realistic about where your going to finish”. Absolute nonsense. Yeah looking at the table it looks alright but when your watching the shit week in and week out it’s boring football. I don’t know any manager that plays 3 defensive midfielders against a team that are struggling. We are constantly dropping points at home to teams we should be beating and I’m not saying we should smashing teams and be challenging for top 6 or anything like that but I want to see fun exciting football back at Leicester. He messed up against Man City in the cup and we could’ve been practically in the final as we would’ve beat Burton. He plays a shit team against Newport and gets beat. Now we have nothing to play for. I just don’t see why people want him in. 

How do you know we would have played Burton?

On the pitch we will be a bit hit and miss at the moment, but for me it’s to be expected with what’s happening at the club.

There must be valid reasons why Silva isn’t/justifying his place in the squad at the moment and are relying on our Wingbacks and Maddison for any creativity.

We have a young squad with  Chilwell,Hamza,Ndidi,Maddison, Gray and now potentially Barnes in the squad.

Some promising/more senior players like Schmeichel,Ricardo Maguire.

They will make mistakes and have some great games along the way whilst they are trying to learn. 

We all know Hamza Mendy and Ndidi are all defensive (Puel knows this too I’m sure) but untill the summer he cannot do a lot of reshaping of this squad for the better.

Their is a bigger task at hand with focusing on younger players to develop, whilst getting a better balance to the squad.

Also adding a stadium increase and a 70+ million pound training facility to this.

This needs time to come to fruition and their will be some bumpy rides along the way, but everything will come good in the end, we just need patience with Puel and what he will eventually achieve here will have lasting effects for many other managers in the future.

If we get behind him and the team as they will all need support and encouragement untill the major changes and additions where needed will happen in the summer.

Whilst cash at the club isn’t an issue with what will be invested etc, their is a focus on development of younger players rather than having to spend 30m plus on average quality players of various positions for seasons to come.

As the bank balance will not be able to keep blowing money Man City style to try to crack the top 4/6 which shows Everton still can’t do with serious investment and inflated prices once they know you have £££ to spend 

• Like 1

Puel has an implied duty to impress/ entertain the season ticket holders. Clearly he is failing in some of that and quite frankly it’s probably a while since the home fans have been satisfied in the majority.

...given 7th by the end of the season may be pipe dream I’m in the swap the manager camp sometime in feb. I m sure on a personal level he is a lovely guy , has lots of plans  and loves his children but I am a fan and the experience is just not good enough currently.

• Like 1

I have kind of lost track on who our assistant manager is at the moment - presumably we have one?! Is there anyone who could realistically act as caretaker manager until the end of the season. I kind of wonder if they will see how the Wolves match goes, and then after that we have something like ten days between matches, so if there were ever a good time, it is likely to be then. 

I really like his vision and I do see some improvement, but at the same time I also see players who appear to be regressing and massive areas of weakness where we don't see to have made any ground. But saying that I do believe that his strategies helped us get that win against Man City, and that's not exactly insignificant. It's so incredibly frustrating. 

I'm not surprised to see so many people voting for Puel Out, because the game has only just finished, emotions are raw and it was the second terrible result in a week. Plus I understand and agree with some of the criticisms of Puel and go along with the idea that the league position belied our performances.

But managers are judged on results and, as bad as some have been, others have been good enough to secure a perfectly acceptable top-half standing, for now at least. Bearing in mind what has happened this year and the transitional nature of the season, we can't justify firing our manager when he's on course to achieve his objectives, solely on the basis of a few embarrassing displays, unspectacular football and the fact that people don't like him very much. Investment isn't everything, but ours indicates a side which is lucky to be in the top half of the table, and it's become increasingly clear that we're not as well-minted as some thought. We have to be careful what we wish for, because if mid-table isn't satisfactory it's more likely that we'll exchange it for a place in the FLC, than it is that we'll exchange it for a top 6 finish.

Where I would agree is that there are a lot of well-reasoned criticisms of Puel, as well as some daft ones, and we have to be wary of the impact the Newport game has. If there's a feeling that the season is over, coupled with a lack of belief in the boss, then we have to make sure it doesn't result in a serious collapse in form. It's important to learn the lessons of Wycombe 2001 and know that when a club hits freefall, which certainly hasn't happened yet, you have to act regardless of whether you're on track for a respectable finish. Looking at the fixture list, I'd say the next 4-6 games are crucial. If we fail to beat Wolves then there'll be little choice but to rekindle our spectacular form against the top sides in the following three matches. If we do, the board may well overlook the debacles against weaker sides, but if we don't we'll find ourselves in the bottom half of the table, and it's hard to see the manager lasting much longer.

But you could draw up a similar set of scenarios for most managers in the EPL and say 'if this happens they'll get fired in 4-6 games'. As it stands, it'd be very unusual for us to fire Puel and it'd also set a worrying precedent. Who would look at Leicester and think they could do better than 8th/9th with our level of investment?

• Like 2