Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Sorry, it's just how how I feel every time I see one of these polls :rolleyes: 

So with respect, don't open the thread?

It's quite clear what it is and that you should avoid it.

Makes me chuckle abit when people say these things or say 'can we close this thread', the solution is simple, avoid it, there is nothing compulsory making people open the threads.

Edited by Matt

35 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Of course, me too. But I remember us failing to break down sides with ten men under O'Neill and Pearson too. And we lost to Harlow under Jock Wallace, and were thrashed by Grimsby under O'Neill, so that can happen.

but was it on a regular basis? he does it regularly within the season lol 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

So don't open the thread?

It's quite clear what it is and that you should avoid it.

Yeah, you're right. I should know better. Back to the Safehouse for me 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/969757894?-36514:815

Such a arrogant stubborn man.

Boos are not his concern??? I don't think attacking intent and positive football is either.

What do you want him to say 'the mouthbreathers make me nervous with their incisive criticisms, I now resign as their intelligent, incisive boos will haunt me to my grave.'?

Players get better when you win games.

It's called confidence.

You set up negative all the time your asking to be defeated. This puts pressure on players even more pressure on younger players.

Buy a quality striker and set up for 442 for the rest of the season and play to our strengths.

Carry on with this 4231 bullshit we will finish 15th

1 minute ago, knitro said:

What do you want him to say 'the mouthbreathers make me nervous with their incisive criticisms, I now resign as their intelligent, incisive boos will haunt me to my grave.'?

No he could say.

I don't actually think I am a good manager I haven't achevied anything in 10 years or so, To actually land such a good job in the premier league.

Because I don't know what I'm doing I will set up defensively at home to relegation fodder and 10 men so that we don't get beat by many goals.

I don't have a plan A,B or C and the players don't understand me.

Yes I am a fraud but stick with me while I play my formation that does not win games but drains the life out of football.

I called back Harvey Barnes because he was doing really well at WBA but he's to attacking so I stuck him on the bench.

I have one of the worse records to date of any leicester manger but I won't leave this job because I want to destroy the football club.

Yes you heard it one of the worse records for a manger at leicester 

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

No he could say.

I don't actually think I am a good manager I haven't achevied anything in 10 years or so, To actually land such a good job in the premier league.

Because I don't know what I'm doing I will set up defensively at home to relegation fodder and 10 men so that we don't get beat by many goals.

I don't have a plan A,B or C and the players don't understand me.

Yes I am a fraud but stick with me while I play my formation that does not win games but drains the life out of football.

I called back Harvey Barnes because he was doing really well at WBA but he's to attacking so I stuck him on the bench.

I have one of the worse records to date of any leicester manger but I won't leave this job because I want to destroy the football club.

Yes you heard it one of the worse records for a manger at leicester 

Don't be so precious

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

but was it on a regular basis? he does it regularly within the season lol 

We're obviously a little more competitive, financially, than we were under O'Neill, and Puel has league winners at his disposal whereas O'Neill didn't, but in the 90s we had a habit of blowing it against weaker sides, and upsetting top teams. Look at O'Neill's final season - we beat Liverpool, Leeds, Spurs and drew with Chelsea, but lost to Wednesday (0-4 in O'Neill's final game), Bradford, Derby etc. And we won cups in those days but were also vulnerable. We were hammered by Grimsby while defending the League Cup and held to a draw by Hereford a couple of years later. Tranmere pushed us all the way in the 2000 final and a year after that the same set of players, under another boss, suffered the Wycombe loss. 

I can see a lot of problems with Puel but our expectations aren't always realistic. Leicester are, historically, doing well if they're mid-table in the top flight, and a side with our level of investment is, historically, doing well if it's upper mid-table. And sides doing well in mid-table don't always win Cups, just like Hodge, Orr, Bloomfield and even, in 1998 and 1999, O'Neill didn't. And mid-table sides do sometimes lose to weaker sides. When you put all of this in the additional context of our owners still mourning the death of the chairman, and the fact that we expected a transitional season, it's unusual that so many people are dissatisfied.

I understand a lot of the criticisms. Team selections can be odd, the build-up play is predictable and unadventurous, our style of play is unsuited to many players (including some of the players he brought into the fray), goals are few and far between, and the manager has previous with some of these problems. There's a sense that our league position was deceiving and that we're at risk of a slump, and there's anger at Puel for not having taken the cups seriously. I wouldn't be surprised to see us collapse, and Puel fired in order to avert a total freefall, but that hasn't happened yet so we can't justify pulling the trigger. If we did sack a manager who was on track to achieve or surpass his primary objective, and who was building a long-term project, I'm not sure we'd be taken seriously for a long time. And expectations for future managers would be wild. Any decent boss would be horrified by the limitations on our spending being coupled with expectations of something better than 8th in the league.

Edited by inckley fox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Exactly what it is.

Not one person can argue the fact he is or has one of the worse records of a manager for leicester since like the 60s

Yup, only 16 other managers since the 60s with a worse win percentage than Puel. 1 of them being O'Neill.. but hey let's not facts get in the way of sensationalism

10 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Exactly what it is.

Not one person can argue the fact he is or has one of the worse records of a manager for leicester since like the 60s

Are you really saying he's got one of the worst records for a Leicester manager, or is something going straight over my head? If you do think that, how do you come to this conclusion?

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Yup, only 16 other managers since the 60s with a worse win percentage than Puel. 1 of them being O'Neill.. but hey let's not facts get in the way of sensationalism

38.29% is MON

Puel’s is 37.7 percent thus far.

1 minute ago, Mendi said:

1 minute ago, Mendi said:

This was a set up!!! Most likely media!!!    Or fan wanting to make a silly point...These fans were given these stupid notes...

3 mates who were at the KP early,said the poor fans didn't even realise what they were holding...!!!

Out. 

I think we'll benefit from some of his work- the likes of Chilwell, Choudhury are getting good game time and experience, for example- in the long term but right now we are going week to week with uncertainty, we can't get any consistency, home matches are predictable dirge and, crucially, the players look lost/ fed up/ whatever and the fans have had enough.

• Like 2