Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Who then......

Personally would look at one of the following:

Christopher Galtier (Lille) 

Adi Hutter (Frankfurt)

Domenico Tedesco (Schalke) - Personal choice

Andre Villas- Boas (Shanghai SIPG)

Leonardo Jardim

Hérve Renard (Morocco)

Roberto Martinez (Belgium)

This is the list I would look at personally, it’s about time we looked outside of the box for once. Seems to have been successful for most clubs now days.

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Personally would look at one of the following:

Christopher Galtier (Lille) 

Adi Hutter (Frankfurt)

Domenico Tedesco (Schalke) - Personal choice

Andre Villas- Boas (Shanghai SIPG)

Leonardo Jardim

Hérve Renard (Morocco)

Roberto Martinez (Belgium)

This is the list I would look at personally, it’s about time we looked outside of the box for once. Seems to have been successful for most clubs now days.

Be amazed if Jardim comes here

David Wagner is the man.  I know his Huddersfield team are certainties for relegation but he has performed miracles by just getting them promoted and keeping them up for one season!  He is a motivator and will get the fans and the players onside immediately.  

He will bring the feel good factor back to the club.  Get him in!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MattP said:

If our fans whinge about crap football under Puel can you imagine what they'll be like under Benitez?

Rafa is a completely different manager to Puel and as worked extremely well under great financial constraints. If he had the cash we have spent over the last 2/3/ years we wouldn't be in the state we're in.

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Rafa is a completely different manager to Puel and as worked extremely well under great financial constraints. If he had the cash we have spent over the last 2/3/ years we wouldn't be in the state we're in.

They are below Warnock's Cardiff in the league and in the relegation area of what looks like the worst PL in years.

I really don't get the obsession with Rafa.

I think the PL has now almost moved to a stage where any British manager from the championship like Wilder or Lampard will be doing extremely well to have us stay in the division let alone upper midtable. Our oh so patient fanbase is highly unlikely to settle for that (with some actual justification if were facing relegation) and so we just end up looking for a new manager within a year yet again. This leaves the option of a you know what your getting BFS or Moyes type, or we gamble on random manager from abroad in which scenario literally anything could happen. The exception there with our current players though is us playing entertaining winning football whilst easily pulling clear of the rest of the midtable clubs. That almost certainly won't happen.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

They are below Warnock's Cardiff in the league and in the relegation area of what looks like the worst PL in years.

I really don't get the obsession with Rafa.

You're obviously satisfied with what we've got. Can't be lowly Newport, can't be Fulham, can't beat Palace, can't be Cardif and can't beat Soton, great!!

1 hour ago, maddog said:

That has us 8th in the league for **** sake. 

We'll end up with David Moyes if we sack Puel now and nobody wants that clown. 

Boring now the 7th or 8th in the league nonsense, 5 points off 13th and playing some of the worst football in the league! Won’t be long before we slip down there and you turn Puel out... just wait ? 

Edited by jonny_wright

Puel won’t go until the end of the season barring an horrific run of losing 6+ on the bounce. We have no obvious interim manager if he does go (Stowell omg) and with 31 points on the board and current distribution of points staying up should not be an issue.

However he will be gone in the summer.

The club has 6 months to make an informed decision and get the correct man in before pre season.

I would go for Steve Gerrard.

Just now, Peckfortonfox said:

Puel won’t go until the end of the season barring an horrific run of losing 6+ on the bounce. We have no obvious interim manager if he does go (Stowell omg) and with 31 points on the board and current distribution of points staying up should not be an issue.

However he will be gone in the summer.

The club has 6 months to make an informed decision and get the correct man in before pre season.

I would go for Steve Gerrard.

I could coach Rangers or Celtic to win the SPL. And probably you could too. 

14 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

David Wagner is the man.  I know his Huddersfield team are certainties for relegation but he has performed miracles by just getting them promoted and keeping them up for one season!  He is a motivator and will get the fans and the players onside immediately.  

Could be a good option.. 

Be interesting to see how he managed a club with some money to spend! 

As you said he has a great personality and would bring enthusiasm and some excitement back! 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Not a bad shout

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

You're obviously satisfied with what we've got. Can't be lowly Newport, can't be Fulham, can't beat Palace, can't be Cardif and can't beat Soton, great!!

So let's get a manager in that has his team lower than Cardiff with a higher wage bill? Genius.

Would like to see the return of Martin O'Neill with Steve Guppy and anyone else he might chose to bring in to groom as a future boss. I know it could be argued as looking back but there's no way Martin would want to finish his career on a low after flogging a dead horse for too long with Ireland. Sure there's plenty of life yet in the old dog and it would be an interesting ride.

• Haha 1