Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Who then......

Just now, weller54 said:

Could be a good option.. 

Be interesting to see how he managed a club with some money to spend! 

As you said he has a great personality and would bring enthusiasm and some excitement back! 

Huddersfield playing exciting football? 

Bugger it, I will have to take my TV back to the shop, it must be defective. 

What about Marco Silva? ??

• Like 1

Just now, l444ry said:

Would like to see the return of Martin O'Neill with Steve Guppy and anyone else he might chose to bring in to groom as a future boss. I know it could be argued as looking back but there's no way Martin would want to finish his career on a low after flogging a dead horse for too long with Ireland. Sure there's plenty of life yet in the old dog and it would be an interesting ride.

Yes, get big Marshy in too. 

Dinosaur football, just look at his last job for Ireland.

4 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Yes but if he was in the Man U team he would have 12. The fact Liverpool did not win thr PL was not down to him 

trust me, he is a winner.

So what about Steve Bruce? Now he won a shed load of PL medals in the Man Utd team and is a winner. ?

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

Joking aside who do we go for?

Marcello Gallardo

Stefano Pioli

Abdullah Avci

Adi Hutter

José Bordalas

Leandro Jardim

Julian Nagglesmann

Not sure how many, if any of those would fancy it!! 

To be fair, I didn’t go yesterday, so can comment on that. 

However, I’ve seen enough to start to question it now.

I’ve never been Puel out / in. However, we won’t finish above 10th if we continue to play like we have.

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Marcello Gallardo

Stefano Pioli

Abdullah Avci

Adi Hutter

José Bordalas

Leandro Jardim

Julian Nagglesmann

Could also throw Southgate into the mix. Again, severely doubt he’d join us.

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

Marcello Gallardo

Stefano Pioli

Abdullah Avci

Adi Hutter

José Bordalas

Leandro Jardim

Julian Nagglesmann

I like Piolo but at some point we need continuity and he never sticks around for long. His record of one year tenures with reasonable results suggests he touts himself around a bit. Stepping stones. 

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

To be fair, I didn’t go yesterday, so can comment on that. 

However, I’ve seen enough to start to question it now.

I’ve never been Puel out / in. However, we won’t finish above 10th if we continue to play like we have.

It was bad, especially those first 45 when the game was lost by half time. I feel with Puel that the rot could set in like it did with Southampton, that if we leave it too late and he gets more of his players in we could be set up to fail next season and be down there scrapping 

What gets me is in his previous tenures he has developed teams that attack and score goals.

What is going wrong here? 

I think the four objectives he is working on are 3 in sequence and one as an ongoing objective

1. Defence -  pretty much stable and objective complete. 

2. Midfield -  objective incomplete, probably another summer transfer window away from adding more creativity and balance. 

3. Attack - no progress on this objective.  Clearly the club are working in order. 

4. The ongoing objective.  Selling off staff surpless to requirements.  This will take as long as contracts run for. 

These objectives are probably set by the owners.  If a new manager comes in I don't think these will change, the stratergy is the stratergy.  

I think it will take time to see consistency in all three areas of the team.  If that consistency comes then we will be that 6-7 th place team. 

The frustrations are clear but the objectives are long term. 

I think, whether you're Puel in or out, he'll be with us until the end of the season unless we go into a real tailspin. Managers don't often change clubs midseason so we'd be looking at out of work managers and there's not too many exciting possibilities out there.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was sacked in the summer but after everything that's happened this season I honestly don't think the hierarchy will even be thinking about sacking him at this point. Not seriously anyway.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

Marcello Gallardo

Stefano Pioli

Abdullah Avci

Adi Hutter

José Bordalas

Leandro Jardim

Julian Nagglesmann

Nagglesmann is off to Leipzig in the summer I think. Jardim was being linked with Forest the other night ? and he would seem the most realistic. It’s highly unlikely we will make a change unless results drop off a cliff. If things do change, it will more than likely be the summer and if it does, then hopefully we’ll have made a well thought out appointment. He retains my backing, but I’m not averse to a change in the summer

14 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

What Puel is having to do at this football club currently is similar to when Pearson first took over.

Reduce playing squad, get average age down, change attitudes and style of play.

Whilst trying to remain competitive at the right end of the table.

We know this doesn’t and won’t happen overnight.

Moving on high earners with overpaid contracts who are just not good enough just doesn’t happen in 1/2 transfer windows.

The finances at the club are good but we don’t have 25-30 million to sign 11 world class players.....we have to look younger and hopefully turn these into better players.

The difference between the top 4 and everyone else this season is one thing Consistancy!

Man City/Liverpool may have one awful game in 15

Everyone from 6 down currently  can have a small run then garbage for 3/4 matches.

Every club has some quality in their sides, but these players can’t 

always turn in on, if they did every week they would be at one of the above clubs.

We need patience with these players and manager.....success at the club may be a season or two away with our main starting 11

but add a couple of players Puel wants and I think we’re not far off a very good side once everything clicks.

Whoever was in charge, will still have to oversee squad changes, reduced wage bill, sort an unbalanced squad whilst trying to keep most happy.

Thats not to add the extremely unfortunate loss of our owner, a stadium increase to come and a top notch state of the art training complex to hone current and  future stars of this football club.

A lot is happening at the club behind the scenes.

The future at the club will be exciting for seasons to come with what they have planned.

Wether it’s Puel or not another manager will have to attend to all the current issues with the squad and I don’t think anyone else will do a better job at it now or in the foreseeable future.

My god,someone's talking sense on Foxestalk 

Give yourself a pat on the back.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

What Puel is having to do at this football club currently is similar to when Pearson first took over.

Reduce playing squad, get average age down, change attitudes and style of play.

Whilst trying to remain competitive at the right end of the table.

We know this doesn’t and won’t happen overnight.

Moving on high earners with overpaid contracts who are just not good enough just doesn’t happen in 1/2 transfer windows.

The finances at the club are good but we don’t have 25-30 million to sign 11 world class players.....we have to look younger and hopefully turn these into better players.

The difference between the top 4 and everyone else this season is one thing Consistancy!

Man City/Liverpool may have one awful game in 15

Everyone from 6 down currently  can have a small run then garbage for 3/4 matches.

Every club has some quality in their sides, but these players can’t 

always turn in on, if they did every week they would be at one of the above clubs.

We need patience with these players and manager.....success at the club may be a season or two away with our main starting 11

but add a couple of players Puel wants and I think we’re not far off a very good side once everything clicks.

Whoever was in charge, will still have to oversee squad changes, reduced wage bill, sort an unbalanced squad whilst trying to keep most happy.

Thats not to add the extremely unfortunate loss of our owner, a stadium increase to come and a top notch state of the art training complex to hone current and  future stars of this football club.

A lot is happening at the club behind the scenes.

The future at the club will be exciting for seasons to come with what they have planned.

Wether it’s Puel or not another manager will have to attend to all the current issues with the squad and I don’t think anyone else will do a better job at it now or in the foreseeable future.

While a lot of what you’re saying is true, I feel like it’s gone too far for Puel now to turn everyone around, to be on song with him (players and fans). This is only going one way ...  

Edited by lcfceaves

I can handle defeats to big teams at home. That is half expected. But the distressing thing is our inability to break teams down at home. The  number of poor home results in this tenure is outrageous! We are a pleasure to play against for anyone coming to park the bus.

I said a few weeks ago on here Puel needs to find a way of breaking teams down. Currently failing miserably. Alarming to learn his last few home games with Southampton returned 0 goals. Clearly an issue and carrying that on here. 

His lack of ability to engage with the fans is also a major failing. No rapport whatsoever. 

I think we should be looking at Rodgers, Benitez, Wagner at the end of the season. Puel will ease us over the line but give us an excuse to sack him when we finish 13th. Let this plonker do the donkey work of getting rid of the dead wood and then get a manager in who knows how to play football and recruit some decent footballers to compliment our young players. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I can handle defeats to big teams at home. That is half expected. But the distressing thing is our inability to break teams down at home. The  number of poor home results in this tenure is outrageous! We are a pleasure to play against for anyone coming to park the bus.

I said a few weeks ago on here Puel needs to find a way of breaking teams down. Currently failing miserably. Alarming to learn his last few home games with Southampton returned 0 goals. Clearly an issue and carrying that on here. 

His lack of ability to engage with the fans is also a major failing. No rapport whatsoever. 

I think we should be looking at Rodgers, Benitez, Wagner at the end of the season. Puel will ease us over the line but give us an excuse to sack him when we finish 13th. Let this plonker do the donkey work of getting rid of the dead wood and then get a manager in who knows how to play football and recruit some decent footballers to compliment our young players. 

Benitez and exciting football. Right. ?

• Like 3