Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Who then......

51 minutes ago, MattP said:

So let's get a manager in that has his team lower than Cardiff with a higher wage bill? Genius.

Well it seems we need a change on what we've got. Puel is uninspirational and someone who has taken us to a level he cannot improve - mid-table mediocrity, genius!!

I feel like there are arguments for keeping him and getting rid. Like would it just been an interim till the summer? Or do they have someone lined up? If they had someone lined up already you could give them these next few months to experiment and implement their style considering we’re safe. The KP just feels so toxic now and I miss how it was, I feel under Puel our home form won’t change, I really don’t know what will happen! 

10 hours ago, City1884 said:

It’s alright saying “Puel develops younger players”, but when you don’t have the tactics to get the most out of those players, or the skills to motivate them to play to their potential, you’ll end up with a young team “with promise” that can’t win games............

which is where we are............

We need a motivator. We have a young talented squad that lots of clubs would envy, we just need someone to get the best out of them.

However I won’t say my choice, it’s too obvious, and will get shot down..........

O’Neill??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Would like to see the return of Martin O'Neill with Steve Guppy and anyone else he might chose to bring in to groom as a future boss. I know it could be argued as looking back but there's no way Martin would want to finish his career on a low after flogging a dead horse for too long with Ireland. Sure there's plenty of life yet in the old dog and it would be an interesting ride.

Shall we Howard Wilkinson and Dave Bassett back as well?

Football has moved on.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Well it seems we need a change on what we've got. Puel is uninspirational and someone who has taken us to a level he cannot improve - mid-table mediocrity, genius!!

So let's get someone who can drag us towards relegation then?

41 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Benitez has his hands completely tied. He is doing the best with what he has at Newcastle. 

He's below Cardiff.

10 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

I think Adolf Hutter who's doing great at Eintracht Frankfort, they are playing high pressing attacking football, he did wonders at Young Boys where they won the Swiss super league which they hadn't won since 86.

His coaching style is very similar to Ralf Hassanhuttl, who I wanted to have in the summer because he was available, but it wasn't meant to be with him. 

If your second name is Hindley (or close to it) it's probably not a good idea to name your daughter Myra.

Mr and Mrs Hutter called their son Adolf ?????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

How about approaching Derby for Frank Lampard?  An up and coming manager who has extremely strong links to Chelsea.  We may be able to get some loans in with some of their youngsters.  He is not doing too bad a job at Derby.  Certainly better than Allardyce, Moyes, Hughes etc.

Lampard was my immediate thought after reading the OP. I have been pitch-side para at several Derby games since he took over and they are a positive, attack-minded, resilient side with a never say die attitude under him. Might get Keogh in central defence in place of Morgan as well.

As much as I don't want a change right now, if we had to look in the summer i'd say...

In order of preference...

Chris Houghton (every player the plays for him absolutely loves him, creates a great spirit)

Chris Wilder (He has been a success everywhere he has managed, he might well come up with Sheff Utd but if he doesn't we should be all over it)

Daniel Farke (Norwich were rightly patient with him, and it's proving successful now, they could nab auto spots this season.)

Pablo Machin (Got Girona promoted and almost into the Europa League first season up! Now doing a great job for Sevilla)

Dieter Hecking (Guided Monchengladbach to a couple of steady Bundesliga finishes as part of their revival as well as some cup runs, now pushing for a Champions League spot this season)