Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Wagner leaves Huddersfield

5 minutes ago, nettle said:

I've been a few times over the last few years to watch them with my father in law and I'm telling you the football they play is decent certainly a lot better than the crap we see here. But hey let's stick with boring football because you obviously enjoy it.

Would you rather be in our position or theirs?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I’m enjoying more than Huddersfield. Playing decent football and losing every week is preferable. Give me a ground out hard fought win any day. Home form massively has to improve. I enjoy going to matches, I enjoy backing my team no matter what, I still get the buzz every time I walk up the steps to my seat, I enjoy the fact that after ten years of actual shit football we are a consistent premier league side and not getting beaten at home by Barnsley and co, so yes I do enjoy it thanks for asking. It’s not great at home at the moment but it’s been a hell of a lot worse in the past

But you're basically saying Wagner wouldn't be up to the job here and I'm disagreeing with you. I think if he had the players we've got here I think he'd do a decent job and get us playing with a bit more passion than we are getting now.

Edited by nettle
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

May as well hire Holloway again then if likeable is the criteria! 13 goals all season, 9 straight defeats and 10 points rooted to the bottom sounds like great fun ?

You could put Klopp or Guardiola in charge of that team and they wouldn't do any better. Would that make them shit managers?

There's only so much you can do with a group of players of that calibre. He's obviously tried to make additions, but the squad as a whole is just not good enough for this league, and they lack the financial and reputational clout to make the improvements they desperately need. 

Edited by indierich06

1 minute ago, nettle said:

I would rather be in our position obviously but I think the guy has done a good job there that's all I'm saying.

I agree he’s worked miracles to get them up, and keep them up, but for a net spend of £88m over two years and to be so far adrift, it concerns me massively that the he’s first name available and people want him, things are not that bad. Not always entertaining and admittedly I’ve enjoyed the away days more this year, but we’re in a position we’ve not been in for decades

5 minutes ago, nettle said:

But you're basically saying Wagner wouldn't be up to the job here and I'm disagreeing with you. I think if he had the players we've got here I think he'd do a decent job and get us playing with a bit more passion than we are getting now.

I respect your view, if he was given the job then I’d back him of course, but have serious doubts over the business he’s done in the transfer market and the fact they don’t score, and concede. Whoever the manager is they should play with passion and professional pride, should be the minimum for any footballer

Like him a lot, done a great job for them up until this season and seems a great guy.  I wish him the best.  But anyone genuinely wanting him to replace Puel is basically admitting they have no interest in position or points and are totally deluded when it comes to Puel.  It is mental to think he is a better option than Puel.  I genuinely cannot understand it.  If someone can explain to me why they want him over Puel I am very keen to listen as I just can't see it why other than you have such delusional hatred for Puel that your judgement is clouded?  X

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I respect your view, if he was given the job then I’d back him of course, but have serious doubts over the business he’s done in the transfer market and the fact they don’t score, and concede. Whoever the manager is they should play with passion and professional pride, should be the minimum for any footballer

Luckily we have a different recruitment team. He wouldn't be doing the transfer business.

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I agree he’s worked miracles to get them up, and keep them up, but for a net spend of £88m over two years and to be so far adrift, it concerns me massively that the he’s first name available and people want him, things are not that bad. Not always entertaining and admittedly I’ve enjoyed the away days more this year, but we’re in a position we’ve not been in for decades

I agree with you to a certain extent but the team we have now is the most expensive squad we've had in our history.  I want bit more passion and decent football at home especially and  I don't think Puel is giving us this in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Then I would say they would also both do far better than Wagner at Huddersfield imo.

That's your opinion, I completely disagree. Leicester's and Huddersfield's squads are like night and day and if you can't see that then there's no point in carrying on a discussion. That's basically like saying that if our managerial staff were reversed, Huddersfield would be flying high under Puel's boring football, and we'd be bottom of the league under Wagner. 

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Luckily we have a different recruitment team. He wouldn't be doing the transfer business.

Not got a great track record with Slimani, Musa etc. Although I will say things have improved under Macia with Ndidi, Ricardo, Maddison etc, although you can argue the latter two are Puel signings, they went out and got them. He may want his own staff of course If hypothetically he was appointed 

34 minutes ago, mucfox said:

David Wagner, a very likeable coach, would fit very well with our club. He proved his qualities impressively in Huddersfield. I'm sure that he will be able to give our players the fun of football again. Puel with his boring style of football has taken the joy of football away from the players and fans.

Wagner will bring back the enthusiasm to the KP stadium. The Puel IN fans should stay at home then...

Is this the Wagner in charge of a free scoring successful club or Wagner at Huddersfield?

28 minutes ago, nettle said:

I've been a few times over the last few years to watch them with my father in law and I'm telling you the football they play is decent certainly a lot better than the crap we see here. But hey let's stick with boring football because you obviously enjoy it.

I've watched them numerous times and they are absolutely crap.

One decent player in Mooy and can't score for shit.

3 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

That's your opinion, I completely disagree. Leicester's and Huddersfield's squads are like night and day and if you can't see that then there's no point in carrying on a discussion. That's basically like saying that if our managerial staff were reversed, Huddersfield would be flying high under Puel's boring football, and we'd be bottom of the league under Wagner. 

Which is not what I'm saying. There would probably be very little difference in performance or position if roles were reversed.

3 minutes ago, nettle said:

I agree with you to a certain extent but the team we have now is the most expensive squad we've had in our history.  I want bit more passion and decent football at home especially and  I don't think Puel is giving us this in my opinion.

I think that’s fair, we all want home performances to improve, nobody is happy with that. But in the grand scheme of things, we’ve got a massive new training ground to pay for and a £100m loan out to expand the ground. I don’t see them risking a stable position in the league and potentially putting the club into financial difficulties by risking relegation. Who knows what may happen with Claude, we can speculate till the cows come home. I just don’t see Wagner as a viable choice. If we all thought the same it’d be a pretty dull forum ??

• Like 1