Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Bands/Singers That You DOn't Like But Feel Like You Should

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Each to their own, but I would find it hard to describe the Jam as 'dull'.  It's anger and energy.  I think they outpunked a lot of their contemporary punk bands.

Maybe dull is the wrong word, I get the energy and anger, just not very interesting, I don't know but they don't do anything for me and I like alot of punk and post punk Wire, Magazine, Joy Division etc

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/02/2019 at 11:43, Langston said:

Never really took to Gorillaz despite them having all the ingredients to be a favourite, no idea why

Amazing how on Jools Holland there was a super group there playing Stylo - Damon Albarn of course with Mick Jones/ Paul Simonon ( Clash), Bobby Womack and Mos Def - wow!!

• 2 years later...

Led Zeppelin, being a guitar player you’d think I’d love them…. I rate Plant and John Paul Jones but I think Bonham and Page were horribly overrated.

I used to like them as a kid but when I started to listen to more live albums all I could hear was out of time messy music, the two main culprits being Page and Bonham, Page’s live work is messy, more bum notes than actual notes being played, and Bonham just smacked the drums like a Neanderthal no finesse or articulation at all.

Another is Queen, it really bugs me when people suggest they’re the best British band of all time because they’re not, first few albums were okay, some decent tracks mixed with some ordinary ones, but as time progressed and they became more disco based they were an awfully trashy band, responsible of some proper crimes against music. 

Edited by Pliskin