Sign in to follow this  
StanSP

Eduardo Macia to Bordeaux

On 09/04/2019 at 07:40, Lambert09 said:

I'd agree with most of this but for me, whatever way you look at it... 19 mill for Soyuncu seems a bad deal. 

He may end up improving and being a decent player, but there's been nothing to suggest hes anywhere close to a 19 million pound player.  For 19 mill you expect something pretty damn special, whatever their age. 

I am sure we are both delighted to see Soyuncu making 19 mill look like a bargain on Sunday. Here's hoping he and Benkovic stay healthy all season, and that Soy keeps developing next to Evans. If he plays like he did in the 2h this season, he will be a 40 mill+ CB by the summer. Probably  more bc of what he can do on the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Why, out of interest? Those 3 were bought at 21 yo and we know Puel loves youth. Macia bought Iborra and Silva under Shakespeare.

With Benk and Soy it looks more strategic from the club: we know we may lose Maguire so let's buy backups. And I find it hard to think Puel would target Benk and immediately loan him to Celtic and play Morgan instead when we know Puel had a horrific relationship with the senior players. He could have targeted Maddison I guess but I'm assuming our scouts already have a pretty good knowledge of the young and talented in the Championship and Maddison would have stood out a mile to our existing recruitment policy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vanity said:

I am sure we are both delighted to see Soyuncu making 19 mill look like a bargain on Sunday. Here's hoping he and Benkovic stay healthy all season, and that Soy keeps developing next to Evans. If he plays like he did in the 2h this season, he will be a 40 mill+ CB by the summer. Probably  more bc of what he can do on the ball.

Very solid start, but he still has a lot of work to do. I'm hoping I can hold my hands up by January and admit my doubts were wrong but at the moment I have a niggling feeling he wont be solid enough for what we want to achieve. Lets come back to this after 10 games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we're to believe that Macia did nothing at Leicester, then yeah. That is what I want to believe (as it suggests that Congers is just in a puppet role), but it also kind of seems like it was just made up to fit the "Macia is useless narrative" these guys are pushing to Bordeaux fans.

I’m sure he’s embellished the story a little, but I could see his actual involvement not being as much as others have.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I’m sure he’s embellished the story a little, but I could see his actual involvement not being as much as others have.

Why make him work the January transfer window and all the way up until March in anticipation for getting all our targets locked down for the summer? I see no reason to have a role like his if he wouldn't be leaned upon heavily for his recommendations, however hopefully Pongerton is just there to have a laugh with Rodgers 😂