Col city fan

What’s happened to ‘our Arry’

I really like him, however I genuinely believe that it's pointless having one CB that's better than all the others and we may as well get a huge price for him. At Man.City or Liverpool he'd look excellent because he is, however in ours or any other team below the top 4 he's never gunna look world class. Not sure if this makes sense but I'm bloody well pressing submit reply anyway!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

I really like him, however I genuinely believe that it's pointless having one CB that's better than all the others and we may as well get a huge price for him. At Man.City or Liverpool he'd look excellent because he is, however in ours or any other team below the top 4 he's never gunna look world class. Not sure if this makes sense but I'm bloody well pressing submit reply anyway!

I feel exactly the same mate. I believe a fully fit Harry Maguire is head and shoulders above our other CB’s and has to compensate for them.

I think he’s knackered. He looks to be needing of a prolonged rest, what with all his World Cup exploits etc.

And like you, I believe he’d look superb in a top team.

When fit, I’d play Harry in a defensive three, with wing backs. As someone said before, our lack of pace in the CB area is clear and will always be a problem at Premiership level.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I feel exactly the same mate. I believe a fully fit Harry Maguire is head and shoulders above our other CB’s and has to compensate for them.

I think he’s knackered. He looks to be needing of a prolonged rest, what with all his World Cup exploits etc.

And like you, I believe he’d look superb in a top team.

When fit, I’d play Harry in a defensive three, with wing backs. As someone said before, our lack of pace in the CB area is clear and will always be a problem at Premiership level.

Maybe misunderstanding a little here...

But why well one of your best players??   I agree that sustained game time,for an inexperienced international,can be energy sapping,plus this niggling

Injury period,won't help...

I for one,want us to keep our better players,and refuse to throw in the towel,presuming it's a foregone conclusion,that he

# He wants to go..

# The club wants to release him (should fight to keep him..)

# That All Posters,like some posters do,have decided he's a good crusade-out-material...

I like the fact he can and has the skill-set to drive forward,obviously we have to work on which  teammates knowing when to drop back!!

48 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Maybe misunderstanding a little here...

But why well one of your best players??   I agree that sustained game time,for an inexperienced international,can be energy sapping,plus this niggling

Injury period,won't help...

I for one,want us to keep our better players,and refuse to throw in the towel,presuming it's a foregone conclusion,that he

# He wants to go..

# The club wants to release him (should fight to keep him..)

# That All Posters,like some posters do,have decided he's a good crusade-out-material...

I like the fact he can and has the skill-set to drive forward,obviously we have to work on which  teammates knowing when to drop back!!

My genuine reasoning is that it's pointless having one world class centre back in any team below the top 4ish. 60 million would get us quality in other areas that are more likely to push us higher up the league than a world class CB

4 hours ago, mancunianfox said:

Massively over rated, has been a problem for us for ages. Should have cashed in over the Summer.

i'm tending to agree with this.

how ever i wouldn't say over rated as such, he is a good defender, but i would say we should have cashed in.

he looks poorly to me, he seems to take the most innocuous of knocks and hobbles around at least once a game, having to be substituted against wolves limited our options for attacking changes, which annoyed me.

if he isnt right dont play him imo.

1 hour ago, Jack1993 said:

My genuine reasoning is that it's pointless having one world class centre back in any team below the top 4ish. 60 million would get us quality in other areas that are more likely to push us higher up the league than a world class CB

We've been doing that for years...why not now hold onto these guys,at least for 3-4 seasons...it just might (not this season) just for the 1st time get us into

being able to chase top 5,and nibble at top 4,for 3-5 seasons...We have to be real,a snapshot at top 4,is only an ambition,and having then a very short period/era

Like a Newcastle-period.....

I believe Soyuncu,Benkovic..Evans..Maguire..Chilwell..Periera/anotherRB..can give us a top Defence for a few seasons!! That is now the job of 

1st owners(top and family) board,recruitment team,playing management....to hold ,motivate,and develope,on what we have,and we can aquire...!!

Before we lose,I prefer to gain...so long as we can!!!

People said mahrez was overrated, and he wouldn’t stand out at city; look how that’s turned out!

we do tend to massively underrate some of our better players based on some dodgy form which happens in any players career, especially highlighted by the rest of the team not playing particularly well. He along with Maddison are some of our better players when we are in good form which we aren’t atm.

he was one of englands stand out players during the World Cup, causing speculation he could leave us for 70m! Let’s all just calm down a little and not look too much into recent games, but instead the bigger picture.

47 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We've been doing that for years...why not now hold onto these guys,at least for 3-4 seasons...it just might (not this season) just for the 1st time get us into

being able to chase top 5,and nibble at top 4,for 3-5 seasons...We have to be real,a snapshot at top 4,is only an ambition,and having then a very short period/era

Like a Newcastle-period.....

I believe Soyuncu,Benkovic..Evans..Maguire..Chilwell..Periera/anotherRB..can give us a top Defence for a few seasons!! That is now the job of 

1st owners(top and family) board,recruitment team,playing management....to hold ,motivate,and develope,on what we have,and we can aquire...!!

Before we lose,I prefer to gain...so long as we can!!!

I'm saying that I think we've got more chance of finishing higher in the league by selling him and using the money to strengthen in other areas. I think he's a great player. 

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

People said mahrez was overrated, and he wouldn’t stand out at city; look how that’s turned out!

we do tend to massively underrate some of our better players based on some dodgy form which happens in any players career, especially highlighted by the rest of the team not playing particularly well. He along with Maddison are some of our better players when we are in good form which we aren’t atm.

he was one of englands stand out players during the World Cup, causing speculation he could leave us for 70m! Let’s all just calm down a little and not look too much into recent games, but instead the bigger picture.

Even in the world cup he made some big mistakes that weren't punished. I don't really like the comparison much either - Mahrez for his shortcomings has a first touch as good as nearly any player in the world, genuinely world class at that part of his game which is important for a wide player. Good finisher to boot.

Maguire has skills that aren't high up on my list of priorities in a centre half, is painfully slow and has not developed the positioning to make up for that. He gives the ball away in advanced positions often but does not have the pace to recover and help his partner out, often leaving him isolated. He would be a better player if he was more disciplined but he is not and if anything that is only going to get worse after his heroics at the world cup.

56 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

I'm saying that I think we've got more chance of finishing higher in the league by selling him and using the money to strengthen in other areas. I think he's a great player. 

What we would get for harry, will not...give us a top midfielder,and a top striker,that  would enable us to compete for any higher position...

Maddison young with future potential...rare to find another so easily!!!   Periera...had some really nasty critic at the beginning,but now proving to

He a gem of a find!! Ghezzal..imo..taking far too much flak,and has some good game moments behind him,plus replacing an unfit Maddison,was a good

Eye from Puel,what even now some blind supporters couldn't see!!!

Watford,Wolves and Everton,have invested in some of those players we would like to have...(according to this forum), they ain't any further than us!!

So again imo...ownership is 2/3 of the law!!!  We have him ,why automatically believe,he will go,and horrors of horrors should go!!!!

I still want to see and hope,that the next season see us having Maguire..Soyuncu..Evans..Benkovic, Chilwell on our books...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

Even in the world cup he made some big mistakes that weren't punished. I don't really like the comparison much either - Mahrez for his shortcomings has a first touch as good as nearly any player in the world, genuinely world class at that part of his game which is important for a wide player. Good finisher to boot.

Maguire has skills that aren't high up on my list of priorities in a centre half, is painfully slow and has not developed the positioning to make up for that. He gives the ball away in advanced positions often but does not have the pace to recover and help his partner out, often leaving him isolated. He would be a better player if he was more disciplined but he is not and if anything that is only going to get worse after his heroics at the world cup.

Overall, think you’re being far too negative about a player who is actually quite good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

Thankfully others think differently..so your expertise flounders..

7 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Mahrez is a fantastic player but I think our fears for him moving to MCFC have been backed up with reality. He’s not stood out this season. He’s not first choice in the big games and he has had limited game time overall. MCFC I swear buy players as much to prevent another rival utilising them as they do to strengthen their own squad.  

If we get offered £50/60m in the summer we have to take it. He’s slightly above average, and we have Benkovic to come back. 

If we’re still only playing with 2 CB’s next season I’d be more than happy with Benkovic, Soyuncu, Evans, new CB with the u23 boys as cover. I’d be half tempted to not being anyone in with the apparent talent we have in this area thinking about it, although it would be a risk.

16 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

What we would get for harry, will not...give us a top midfielder,and a top striker,that  would enable us to compete for any higher position...

Maddison young with future potential...rare to find another so easily!!!   Periera...had some really nasty critic at the beginning,but now proving to

He a gem of a find!! Ghezzal..imo..taking far too much flak,and has some good game moments behind him,plus replacing an unfit Maddison,was a good

Eye from Puel,what even now some blind supporters couldn't see!!!

Watford,Wolves and Everton,have invested in some of those players we would like to have...(according to this forum), they ain't any further than us!!

So again imo...ownership is 2/3 of the law!!!  We have him ,why automatically believe,he will go,and horrors of horrors should go!!!!

I still want to see and hope,that the next season see us having Maguire..Soyuncu..Evans..Benkovic, Chilwell on our books...

You don't have to make the same points again, I understand what you put... I just think you're wrong. 

16 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Overall, think you’re being far too negative about a player who is actually quite good. 

Perhaps and he is a really likeable bloke but this thread is about his poor form and I was offering an explanation. He does have his merits but I find him a very frustrating player who plays to his weaknesses and not his strengths. He is nowhere near as good with the ball as he believes he is.

11 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Perhaps and he is a really likeable bloke but this thread is about his poor form and I was offering an explanation. He does have his merits but I find him a very frustrating player who plays to his weaknesses and not his strengths. He is nowhere near as good with the ball as he believes he is.

He's not a striker,nor midfielder...but a CB,who can go forward and play a bit (for a CB)...context and Perspective...

why lean towards the negative...that could mean just as well pundits and fans alike(including me) are not very good judges of a player...

in this, this forum wins hands down!!! :D

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

He's not a striker,nor midfielder...but a CB,who can go forward and play a bit (for a CB)...context and Perspective...

why lean towards the negative...that could mean just as well pundits and fans alike(including me) are not very good judges of a player...

in this, this forum wins hands down!!! :D

It largely depends on if you think he can go forward and play a bit doesn't it? I am generally positive when it comes to our players but I find Maguire in particular to be one of the most frustrating players I have ever seen in a Leicester shirt.

He has incredibly slow feet meaning he can be done from a standing start in the box by an attacker. I think this is why no top club would be all that interested.

5 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

It largely depends on if you think he can go forward and play a bit doesn't it? I am generally positive when it comes to our players but I find Maguire in particular to be one of the most frustrating players I have ever seen in a Leicester shirt.

Yeh... but you are mancunianfox.you have been posting the whole team are the most frustrating players you have ever seen in a Leicester shirt..:P

You haven't a good word for anybody in blue...!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Most of the Man city fans think he's been a waste of money, and not really that good compaired to what they all ready have..

44 minutes ago, Bozman said:

Most of the Man city fans think he's been a waste of money, and not really that good compaired to what they all ready have..

Nobody,just nobody..knows that many fans...!!!:giggle: