Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gw_leics772

Reddit soccer streams to close

Recommended Posts

If they block this, Bluestacks is the way to go and install LiveNet TV.  Sorted.

 

If Sky sorted out their packages and offered a subscription based on following your team on a game by game basis, I'm all for it.  They're a total shambles.  Parting shot to me was thanks for your 10 years of custom but now that you're moving we can offer you a saving of 6p per month.  Seriously.  6p.  This, after quoting BTs price which was considerably less, so they knocked off a further 6p.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Define "legal" I can legally watch all games through my optus subscription in Australia, if you have a VPN and pay for the service and watch in the UK,, is that legal or illegal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2019 at 11:19, ozleicester said:

Define "legal" I can legally watch all games through my optus subscription in Australia, if you have a VPN and pay for the service and watch in the UK,, is that legal or illegal?

Illegal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what you get I would actually personally argue that sky and bt are not actually that expensive. People streaming non 3pm kick offs are nothing more than thief’s. However where reddit comes in is the lack of 3pm kick offs shown for increasingly less important reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

Illegal.

why?..what law is being broken?... which police force will investigate?

 

edit....

Netflix Irish
Hello :)

You
I would like to make a question regarding your services outside the United States

Netflix Irish
Sure, go ahead.

You
is there any leagal issue, if accessing your services from outside the united states, using some VPN service, as long as a normal paying subscription is active?

Netflix Irish
Ah, that is a great question. I'll be glad to clear that out for you, let me type it in..

Netflix Irish
We don't have information about the legality of VPNs and proxy connection in your country. The use of a VPN or Proxy is not allowed by our Terms of Use, as It won't probably give you the best Netflix experience we'd like to give you and that is why we don't encourage nor recommend the use of it. But If you haven't had any issues while streaming, it won't affect anything on your account as we don't have an official stand about it.

You
That is great news. You have been very clear on this. Thank you very much for this clarification, as there is a great confusion as to whether its legal or not to access your great service from outside the U.S.
 

Edited by ozleicester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

why?..what law is being broken?... which police force will investigate?

 

edit....

Netflix Irish
Hello :)

You
I would like to make a question regarding your services outside the United States

Netflix Irish
Sure, go ahead.

You
is there any leagal issue, if accessing your services from outside the united states, using some VPN service, as long as a normal paying subscription is active?

Netflix Irish
Ah, that is a great question. I'll be glad to clear that out for you, let me type it in..

Netflix Irish
We don't have information about the legality of VPNs and proxy connection in your country. The use of a VPN or Proxy is not allowed by our Terms of Use, as It won't probably give you the best Netflix experience we'd like to give you and that is why we don't encourage nor recommend the use of it. But If you haven't had any issues while streaming, it won't affect anything on your account as we don't have an official stand about it.

You
That is great news. You have been very clear on this. Thank you very much for this clarification, as there is a great confusion as to whether its legal or not to access your great service from outside the U.S.
 

16 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

why?..what law is being broken?... which police force will investigate?

 

edit....

Netflix Irish
Hello :)

You
I would like to make a question regarding your services outside the United States

Netflix Irish
Sure, go ahead.

You
is there any leagal issue, if accessing your services from outside the united states, using some VPN service, as long as a normal paying subscription is active?

Netflix Irish
Ah, that is a great question. I'll be glad to clear that out for you, let me type it in..

Netflix Irish
We don't have information about the legality of VPNs and proxy connection in your country. The use of a VPN or Proxy is not allowed by our Terms of Use, as It won't probably give you the best Netflix experience we'd like to give you and that is why we don't encourage nor recommend the use of it. But If you haven't had any issues while streaming, it won't affect anything on your account as we don't have an official stand about it.

You
That is great news. You have been very clear on this. Thank you very much for this clarification, as there is a great confusion as to whether its legal or not to access your great service from outside the U.S.
 

 

 

I just said it was illegal I didnt say a police force would investigate.

 

In a nutshell it would be licencing laws that are being broken.

Broken law = illegal.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best is IPTV (so I've heard) you get all the footy. Plus channels from all around the world.

All the boxing ppv.

All other sports globally.

Every film that you'd ever want to watch. Think Netflix on steroids with films as they come out in the cinema.

All the movie channels.

All the kids channels.

All US channels

All European and Indian channels etc

 

Obviously I wouldn't do any of this but it's everything your want from a TV.

 

I'm guessing the best way to go is via a dodgy box of some sort and a IPTV subscription. That way you don't have to mess about with crap like Kodi etc.

 

The good thing about this (so I've heard) is that it just works. (Allegedly)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2019 at 10:58, Jattdogg said:

If they charged a fair price i think most people would rather pay up then stream illegal. To have to search for streams, see them buffer or go down, not in HD takes away from it all.

 

But who am i kidding they wont ever do that. Thats why i canceled  tv and stream. Refuse to pay stupid prices to watch the footy. And if streams one day die, i guess i turn to radio online commentary only.   Refuse to pay stupid for these games.

People would still stream even if it was cheap. 95% of games not available in the UK yet a bloke in USA or UAE gets all games!

 

the simple answer is the premier league should get rid of all broadcast deals and have the own streaming service of ALL games for £20 per month regardless of location.

 

This would bring billions more than the current TV deals

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peckfortonfox said:

People would still stream even if it was cheap. 95% of games not available in the UK yet a bloke in USA or UAE gets all games!

 

the simple answer is the premier league should get rid of all broadcast deals and have the own streaming service of ALL games for £20 per month regardless of location.

 

This would bring billions more than the current TV deals

I would happily pay that. Dont see why they cant do a little tiered system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2019 at 10:48, lifted*fox said:

There's already an alternative sub-reddit up and there will be a discord channel with links if that goes down. Streams aren't going away any time soon. They can keep trying but until the likes of Sky and BT Sport change their business model to suit modern day viewing needs; people will just continue to find alternative methods of watching the games.

What do you mean by modern day viewing needs. More of a netflix-like internet subscription service at a fair price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2019 at 01:19, Grebfromgrebland said:

Best is IPTV (so I've heard) you get all the footy. Plus channels from all around the world.

All the boxing ppv.

All other sports globally.

Every film that you'd ever want to watch. Think Netflix on steroids with films as they come out in the cinema.

All the movie channels.

All the kids channels.

All US channels

All European and Indian channels etc

 

Obviously I wouldn't do any of this but it's everything your want from a TV.

 

I'm guessing the best way to go is via a dodgy box of some sort and a IPTV subscription. That way you don't have to mess about with crap like Kodi etc.

 

The good thing about this (so I've heard) is that it just works. (Allegedly)

They are selling these UBoxes over the counter here in Malaysia for around equivalent 120 euros.  Would you know if this is a good price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

They are selling these UBoxes over the counter here in Malaysia for around equivalent 120 euros.  Would you know if this is a good price?

Yes that's good as long as it includes at least 12 months of TV subscription

Edited by Grebfromgrebland
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the streams are rubbish for me tonight. Definitely want to get a paid subscription but still none the wiser about the simplest way to do it, despite the above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

All the streams are rubbish for me tonight. Definitely want to get a paid subscription but still none the wiser about the simplest way to do it, despite the above.

Ripple has been good for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2019 at 18:28, Peckfortonfox said:

People would still stream even if it was cheap. 95% of games not available in the UK yet a bloke in USA or UAE gets all games!

 

the simple answer is the premier league should get rid of all broadcast deals and have the own streaming service of ALL games for £20 per month regardless of location.

 

This would bring billions more than the current TV deals

If They Could offer it Worldwide...Today many freeview channels are available anyway...

I would assume many sky subscribers subscribe because of the sport,and the rest is gravy...

If PL came up with their own way of streaming /broadcasting Wwide Many would subscribe and would pay gladly...

plus if they teamed up with other colLeagues with cricket/rugby/boxing alone,they would create a small heaven,and poke sky in the eye!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

All the streams are rubbish for me tonight. Definitely want to get a paid subscription but still none the wiser about the simplest way to do it, despite the above.

Sports Donkey have been decent for the past few years I've used them. I think I paid about £60 for the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2019 at 16:23, gerrytaggart said:

 

 

I just said it was illegal I didnt say a police force would investigate.

 

In a nutshell it would be licencing laws that are being broken.

Broken law = illegal.

 

 

Just a small-big point....

 

Indeed, in 2014, the Court of Justice of the European Union ruled that internet users who watch copyrighted material online aren’t breaking the law by doing so. However, despite the fact that a claim may not be brought against you, participating in such a site leaves your computer open to viruses and may have adverse effects on the very sport which you wish to watch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...