Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Hamza Choudhury the Trailblazer

51 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think you're right, that asian kids are often steered toward professional jobs.

I remember Sunday afternoon kickabouts on Viccy Park about 20 years ago, I was fcking mustard by the way as @Wolfox will testify and sometimes we'd join in with those typical 40 a side games and a lot of those kids were asian and would make right mugs out of us.  I'm really surprised that no one from that background has really come through in that time.

You were really fvcking something Dave - mustard wasn’t the first condiment that sprang to mind!!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

As long as he keeps working at his craft and given plenty of opportunities in the team, hopefully he will become a regular. why there aren't more British asians coming through the football acadamies is a mystery.

Coincidentally, Copa90 discussed this last week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love Hamza.

I remember when he was a kid and everyone said he had a real quality lad coming through who had a fantastic pass in him. We havent seen much of that but I reckon once he gets a proper run in the team and gets confident enough to express himself I think we could have a real all round midfielder.

I hate to drag this thread down, but the lad needs to get some wigs in, and knock them out at a tenner a pop. If he doesn't, someone else will. :D

Things are looking good for him, did I hear he has kids already? Nice to see that bit of maturity and stability going forward, because he is going to be in the spotlight, given his background (and his quality). Given he has just gone toe to toe with some top sides, he is clearly going to be good enough for the PL.

That is a massive step forward for him, and although I wouldn't start him every week just yet, I couldn't be more pleased for him and the club.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hamptonfox said:

Hamza is the best Centre Midfield player we have, he is an absolute star. Lord knows why the Manager plays Mendy and Ndidi in front of him. Scandalous.

Well at least he’s playing him . He’d still be playing u23 football with other managers 

• Like 2

Most Asian were struggle with physical aspect with their smaller body, especially height. Coincidentally, they excel more in sport which need less both height advantage and physical tussles like Badminton (China South korean, Indonesia), cricket (India), Volleyball (Japanese, Korean) and martial arts 

Football seems look less appealing for professional ones

A lot of South Americans are also small in stature (Tevez, Messi, Mascherano etc) but that hasn't stopped them being world class footballers. In football you can be 5'6 and be a better player than someone who's 6'2. 

Also, Europeans and Africans don't have a monopoly on height and muscle. 

To me I've seen Hamza intercept, tackle brilliantly, hold the ball, control it well and pass it around nicely, even finding a few acute angle passes and through balls at times. 

Why then are we playing Wilf? He's gone off, his touch is jittery now, his distribution is even worse. Yes he can muck in and win the ball well enough but Mendy does that too - if Puel insists on playing two CDMs then can we at least play one with a bit of creativity and flair as well. 

I'd rather see Hamza and Mendy together.

On 02/02/2019 at 10:53, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Think we need to tap the brakes just a little with regards to Hamza. He has some great attributes, but there are also parts of his game that still need some development.

Breaking news* Young player who has just made his breakthrough into the first team has some parts of his game that still need some development.

He should be starting every game between now and the end of the season in place of either Mendy or Ndidi and starting to get the experience which will allow his game to develop. He has rare skills in the same way that Kanté had rare skills. Let's gerrimin.

On 02/02/2019 at 09:53, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Think we need to tap the brakes just a little with regards to Hamza. He has some great attributes, but there are also parts of his game that still need some development.

Not so long ago people were saying that about Chilwell , he played himself into an undroppable England left back

On 02/02/2019 at 08:41, Koke said:

A lot of South Americans are also small in stature (Tevez, Messi, Mascherano etc) but that hasn't stopped them being world class footballers. In football you can be 5'6 and be a better player than someone who's 6'2. 

Also, Europeans and Africans don't have a monopoly on height and muscle. 

Agreed, but South American players generally develop in South America playing other South American kids. Same with Korea and Japan.

In the UK British Asians are competing in British leagues where strength and athleticism is still often prioritised over technique. This is why black players made the breakthrough despite the racism and discrimination and being denied opportunities to develop the technical side of the game, their physical attributes made it impossible to ignore talented Black players.

On 04/02/2019 at 06:41, FIF said:

Breaking news* Young player who has just made his breakthrough into the first team has some parts of his game that still need some development.

He should be starting every game between now and the end of the season in place of either Mendy or Ndidi and starting to get the experience which will allow his game to develop. He has rare skills in the same way that Kanté had rare skills. Let's gerrimin.

I agree. He should be playing. But you and others hyping him up and comparing him to Kante will only heap unfair pressure and unrealistic expectations upon him.

• Like 1