Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Hamza Choudhury the Trailblazer

On 01/02/2019 at 08:28, KrefelderFox666 said:

Is it genetics that mean players struggle more to reach those top levels? Not an easy one to answer.

Are you really asking if genetics play a role in this?

That is an easy answer: no.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I agree. He should be playing. But you and others hyping him up and comparing him to Kante will only heap unfair pressure and unrealistic expectations upon him.

You got it the wrong way round man, The pressure will be on Kanté to match Hamza.

• 3 weeks later...

Hamza's the only one I'm worried for under Rodgers.

Arguably should have become first choice starter while Puel was here but left out of recent squads.

With Tielemans being our focal point now and N'Didi/Mendy looking better on the ball, it could be a frustating remainder of the season for him.

Still plenty of time for Rodgers to get to know the squad of course but I hope Stowell's put in a good word!

Can’t help but feel he’s a bit overrated on here. I would love it if he was to become a mainstay of our side for the next 10 years but besides winning the ball he’s not got a very complete skill set. He looked decent winning the ball back against better opposition but in the Newport game (admittedly the whole side was poor) he offered barely anything with the ball.

A loan to the Championship would do serve him well 

2 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Agree to an extent but who do you drop for him?

Personally I'd drop N'didi. He's a good player but his first touch and IQ are questionable. I think it'd be good for him to have a break. Of course I don't think we should be playing 3 at the back either so he could replace Morgan.

Choudhury is a DM who can make a good pass so N'Didi is logical. Hamza is also intelligent and has leadership qualities.

I'd have him coming on before Mendy, this formation won't allow for meek passive water carriers, everyone will have to be a contributer to the tempo and Choudhury looks comfortable tackling back and driving forwards.

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'd like him in a midfield 3 with Ndidi and Tielemans. Press high, press hard, counter press, press press press. Maybe we can make up for our lack of movement up top. Drop Maddison, play Vardy Barnes and Gray up top. Perhaps not against Fulham however.

If we go 3 at the back we certainly don't need N'didi and Hamza.

I'm completely against dropping Maddison, he just needs time and experience. Him and Tielemans (who may not stay) are a great combination and stop teams being able to sit on our ONE artistic player.

However I'd quite like 4 at the back - but only 2/3 when we're attacking, then I'd play N'Didi with Hamza, Tielemans and Maddison in the middle and I'd play Gray and Barnes up front and have Vardy as a supersub.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

If we go 3 at the back we certainly don't need N'didi and Hamza.

I'm completely against dropping Maddison, he just needs time and experience. Him and Tielemans (who may not stay) are a great combination and stop teams being able to sit on our ONE artistic player.

However I'd quite like 4 at the back - but only 2/3 when we're attacking, then I'd play N'Didi with Hamza, Tielemans and Maddison in the middle and I'd play Gray and Barnes up front and have Vardy as a supersub.

I was talking about a 4-3-3, I agree, a largely defensive 3 man midfield plus 3 centrebacks is overkill.

Edit: I'm not talking about permanently dropping Maddison, it seems like he's trying too much right now and a bit of time on the bench would do him some good imo. Gray, Barnes and Vardy could offer more in my opinion. And Vardy absolutely must start every single game right now, he's our best and most consistent finisher.

Edited by Nicolo Barella