Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Surprised Cort & Ichenacho are making these teams ahead of Mark De Vries.

 

if ever one signing symbolised the incompetence of a managers entire reign, it was him and Leveins.

 

Honourable mention to Ryan Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2019 at 20:10, Finnegan said:

collins-john-leicester-city-picture-id66

 

15066-zoom.jpg

 

Fulham have a lot to ****ing answer for. 

There's a lot of players on here that I'd forgotten about, but I have literally no recollection of Collins John playing for us. I'd have watched games where he played as well.

 

Nothing there at all. Memory wiped, like it never happened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/02/2019 at 06:36, 49er said:

Tommy English up front. Mark Venus left back

Good shout. My only memory of Venus was watching us get thrashed at home by Forest. They had one tactic...hoof it to our left back position and let Franz Carr roast him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Collibosher70 said:

Franz (dribble..cross..throw in) carr

Shows you how bad Mark Venus was ( see post above :dry:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ricardo

 

John Curtis

Patrik gerrbrand

Ryan Mcgivern

Peter Gilbert 

 

Josh Low

Stephen Hughes 

Andy Johnson

Gabor Bori

 

Elvis Hammond 

Nathan Blake 

 

Bench: Lars Hirschfeld, Peter Canero, Rufus Brevett, Momo Sylla, Scott Gemmil  Carl Cort, Collins John, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ullathorne was more unlucky than he was awful, bloke was forever crocked. But when he was 100% (If he ever was) he was okay so I wouldn’t include him. Like Matt Jones, he showed flashes of being a classy players, however he should have retired when he came to us. Someone mentioned Williams, he was ****ed too, he retired shortly after signing for Watford I believe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem to remember Elvis Hammond had the same amount of understanding of the offside rule as that cat that ran on the Everton pitch at the weekend. He was either very lazy or very careless or very lazily careless but so many moves broke down from him being offside that we'd be better off with ten men. 

Notice I didn't say "promising moves" - remember the era we're talking about!

 

There should be mentions for that batch of not fit for purpose players who arrived around the same time, Ball, Johnson (Man City) and Howey who had suffered from excess food, depression and booze issues, after three......open wallet, stand over drain, shake out contents. Felt sorry for them but we needed players and couldn't afford to be a hostel for ex pro's.

 

I know we had worse in the championship days but in the Premier League Marshall from Norwich would make mistake after mistake, constantly conceding free kicks on the edge of the box and inviting pressure, yet was picked over and over again and did Wise ever have anything approaching a decent game - all I recall are constant fouls and square balls that were easily intercepted, just a year after he'd been playing for England.

 

Imagine if in his mid thirties Maguire tries to do his usual stepping out of defence with the ball but loses it every time, leading to breakaway goals....well that was Alan Evans.

 

But have to agree on a couple of common suggestions - Josh Low and Junior "points where he's passing it...ooops how did that get intercepted" Lewis and then some donkey centre forward on loan from Spurs, Barry Crane or something like that, long face, long tongue, long way from being a player or so I reckoned!

 

 

 

 

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Seem to remember Elvis Hammond had the same amount of understanding of the offside rule as that cat that ran on the Everton pitch at the weekend. He was either very lazy or very careless or very lazily careless but so many moves broke down from him being offside that we'd be better off with ten men. 

Notice I didn't say "promising moves" - remember the era we're talking about!

 

There should be mentions for that batch of not fit for purpose players who arrived around the same time, Ball, Johnson (Man City) and Howey who had suffered from excess food, depression and booze issues, after three......open wallet, stand over drain, shake out contents. Felt sorry for them but we needed players and couldn't afford to be a hostel for ex pro's.

 

I know we had worse in the championship days but in the Premier League Marshall from Norwich would make mistake after mistake, constantly conceding free kicks on the edge of the box and inviting pressure, yet was picked over and over again and did Wise ever have anything approaching a decent game - all I recall are constant fouls and square balls that were easily intercepted, just a year after he'd been playing for England.

 

Imagine if in his mid thirties Maguire tries to do his usual stepping out of defence with the ball but loses it every time, leading to breakaway goals....well that was Alan Evans.

 

But have to agree on a couple of common suggestions - Josh Low and Junior "points where he's passing it...ooops how did that get intercepted" Lewis and then some donkey centre forward on loan from Spurs, Barry Crane or something like that, long face, long tongue, long way from being a player or so I reckoned!

 

 

 

 

I remember that Barry Crane bloke! Absolute crap! I remember him sitting on the bench next to some other reject, (I think his name was Zany Hardy?)

 

Mark my words, neither will come to anything.:ph34r:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Conscript Fox said:

Surprised Cort & Ichenacho are making these teams ahead of Mark De Vries.

 

if ever one signing symbolised the incompetence of a managers entire reign, it was him and Leveins.

 

Honourable mention to Ryan Smith

Mark de Vries gets a free pass for his man of the match performance knocking Spurs out of the cup in a BBC televised match which was hilarious at the time. Our lineup that day is a who's who of these lists but all get a free pass from me solely on this game as I think our relegation team and some of the money Sven wasted were much worse:

 

Douglas, Stearman, Maybury, Johansson, McCarthy, Hamill (Hammond 35), Smith (Kisnorbo 90), Gudjonsson, Williams, Hughes, de Vries.
Subs Not Used: Henderson, Hume, Dublin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

Seem to remember Elvis Hammond had the same amount of understanding of the offside rule as that cat that ran on the Everton pitch at the weekend. He was either very lazy or very careless or very lazily careless but so many moves broke down from him being offside that we'd be better off with ten men. 

Notice I didn't say "promising moves" - remember the era we're talking about!

 

There should be mentions for that batch of not fit for purpose players who arrived around the same time, Ball, Johnson (Man City) and Howey who had suffered from excess food, depression and booze issues, after three......open wallet, stand over drain, shake out contents. Felt sorry for them but we needed players and couldn't afford to be a hostel for ex pro's.

 

I know we had worse in the championship days but in the Premier League Marshall from Norwich would make mistake after mistake, constantly conceding free kicks on the edge of the box and inviting pressure, yet was picked over and over again and did Wise ever have anything approaching a decent game - all I recall are constant fouls and square balls that were easily intercepted, just a year after he'd been playing for England.

 

Imagine if in his mid thirties Maguire tries to do his usual stepping out of defence with the ball but loses it every time, leading to breakaway goals....well that was Alan Evans.

 

But have to agree on a couple of common suggestions - Josh Low and Junior "points where he's passing it...ooops how did that get intercepted" Lewis and then some donkey centre forward on loan from Spurs, Barry Crane or something like that, long face, long tongue, long way from being a player or so I reckoned!

 

 

 

 

Oh no . I’m trying to think of the spurs loanee ( pretty sure not “Barry Crane”) but I do vaguely recall someone lanky and useless 

 

how have Platnauer, Mohan and Spearing all dodged the bullet - utter tripe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2019 at 20:29, LinekersApples said:

Douglas in goal

 

Jimmy Willis as a one man defence

 

Puel just behind 6 other defensive midfielders

 

De Vries & Akinbiyi dicking around up front 

“The magnificent Willis” not my words but the words of Alan Parry after the fantastic silence of the rams play off final! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

“The magnificent Willis” not my words but the words of Alan Parry after the fantastic silence of the rams play off final! 

Yes, much maligned but was a 90s example of the scapegoating we still inflict on some. He also dealt with Klinsmann in the epic 3-1 win in 1994. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure about my 11 but it’s got to include Kalac, Alan Rodgers, Dennis Wise, Junior Lewis and Lee Marshall for a start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

Completely forgot about Michael Lamey, what a signing!

Looked the best RB in the World against Sunderland in a Friendly, he then turned out to be the worst RB in the World.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes, much maligned but was a 90s example of the scapegoating we still inflict on some. He also dealt with Klinsmann in the epic 3-1 win in 1994. 

Head and shoulders above a couple of other centre halves we had back then, namely Mohan and Carey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who I can remember watching, I would have seen the likes of Sylla, Cort and Tiatto but I can't remember them at all.

 

Ricardo

 

Lamey  - Neilson wasn't as bad as him

Bamba

Moreno

Mills - Robbed of £5m in 2011 for a L1 league one centre back :S

McGivern - I think the worst player I've ever seen play for us

 

Abe

Johnson

Lingard - Was shite for us

 

Bednar

Hayles

Edited by Stadt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

De Vries(allthough pretty woefull most of the time,get's a pass because of that goal against spurs in the cup.If anyone on here went to the game against Millwall(A) on 28/11/2010,then you'll know their's only one Roman Bednar:angry:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Foxes04 said:

Mendy, Mendy, Mendy, Mendy, Mendy, Mendy, Mendy, Ghezzal, Mendy, Ghezzal, Iheanacho

You must be very young indeed, or have an appalling memory.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...