Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueThroughandThrough

Summer rebuilding of the squad

1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

Thought that was widely believed to be the case? We’d be stupid to continue putting them in

Not unless they are high. I wouldn't be surprised if Maddison has one in for a Top 6 /Champions League club at a certain price. 

Fullback cover, amartey is enough. Elder might can cover another sides or just sign cheap ones as its just a backup

Midfield, Tielemans if worked for us, might cost over 30 mill as currently he's 25 mill player. But if he's worked well, we might find additional younger midfielder as cover around 20 mill, like Madisson. 

Winger will be depend on gray and barnes development but likely we need one, this one could be costly 

Ghezzal has done well as no 10 and got quite decent tough, more like hit and miss but suitable cover 

Striker we need. I think this is most expensive 

It seems we will spend like 50-70 mill this summer, but for lesser number first teamer, so won't take long for them to adapt

• Like 1

On 06/02/2019 at 21:30, LCFC FOX said:

Goalkeepers:

Schmeichel, Ward, Johansson

RB:

Pereira, Amartey

CB:

Maguire, Evans, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Hughes

LB: 

Chillwell, Elder maybe a new backup LB

CM:

N’didi, Mendy, Hamza, Tielemans, Wright

Wingers: Gray, Albrighton, Barnes, Ghezzal, New winger

CAM: Maddison, New CAM

ST: Vardy, New striker, Muskwe

OUT:

Morgan (free)

Okazaki (free)

Fuchs (free)

Simpson (free)

Jakupovic (100k)

king (250k)

Silva (5 mil)

Slimani (3mil)

Diabate (500k)

Iheanacho (loan)

James (loan) - as I doubt anyone will buy

try and get Knight, Nduwku, Johnson, Pascanu and Dewsbery-Hall Championship or league one club loans. I included Johansson, Hughes, Wright and Muskwe from the u23’s as some will have to stay and play under 23 football but would be more than good enough to be back up and feature on the bench a few times during the season. The rest of the under 23’s I don’t think are good enough or too young to consider  a loan move. 

Slimani 3 mill when we shelled out nearly 30!

Fook sake...

On 06/02/2019 at 21:28, SMX11 said:

I would also expect to drive a hard bargain, but eventually sell Maguire for a good sum 40mil+. Definitely need a couple of forwards and clear out of King, James, Slimani, Silva etc.

I'd like to negotiate with you if that's what you think a hard bargain is!!!

3 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

I know what you mean but thinking how much he’s failed at every club he’s been loaned too I’d be surprised to see us get that!

I am beginning to think the best we can hope for is to keep loaning him out to get him off the payroll until he can go for a free. he is a bit of an enigma really.  We bought him on the back of rave reviews when he was knocking them in for fun in Portugal yet he does not seem able to settle anywhere since. Of course not the first time that has happened (Torres springs to mind after he left Liverpool). I thought it might be a culture thing and that he would adapt better to life in Turkey but that doesn't seem to be the case. His signing turned into an all round disaster.  Not only could he not produce the goods but his arrival also pushed out Ulloa, who whatever his limitations, was a popular squad member who always gave everything for the cause and was a valuable plan B when we needed someone who could hold the ball up or give us an ariel threat. Whether that contributed to him not really seeming to fit in with other squad members I do not know. That said I still think we need a target man for exactly such situations.  Could do worse than someone like Austin or even Sam Vokes in the short term.

The striker situation is a real dilemma, yes we need another but we’ve spent so much on Slim and Nacho with the likelihood being that we’re not going to recoup much back, it’s too easy to say buy another one when it’s someone else’s money, we must of spent over 40 million on the pair of them, thank god we got our money back on Musa.

Puel likes playing wing backs who can surge up the outside and cross menacingly into the opponents box while their defence has had no time to adjust and position effectively. We saw this comically executed many times by Simpson who merely passed to an opponent and then set us up for a sucker blow counter. Even if Simpson had been a decent crosser of the ball it still needs someone who can challenge aerially to have any chance of this tactic delivering anything other than a counter attack against us. So we need a fast moving tall header off the ball attacking player. I struggle to think of many of those, maybe Cristiano Ronaldo. Unlikely to happen so the tactics are deeply flawed.

I'm hoping we land a new manager in the Summer who can set us up as a wing back team with an outlet or revert back to a high energy in your face countering team. Puel is trying to get players to do things they are just not designed physically or capably to do and it just ends up giving away possession and a counter which usually ends up in a stupid foul,, carded player and too often an opponents goal from a set piece.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The striker situation is a real dilemma, yes we need another but we’ve spent so much on Slim and Nacho with the likelihood being that we’re not going to recoup much back, it’s too easy to say buy another one when it’s someone else’s money, we must of spent over 40 million on the pair of them, thank god we got our money back on Musa.

nearer £60m than £40M if truth be told.  £29M for Slim and £25M (plus possible add-ons) for Nacho if the reports are to be believed.  If you then factor in agents fees, wages relocation costs and other administration etc. etc. it comes to shed loads.   Not given up entirely on Nacho just yet but I think we can effectively write off Slimani as a total loss (at least it is probably tax deductible :unsure:).  Its a funny old game but when you look back at some of our best strikers over the years not many will have been signed for huge amounts of dosh.  With the exception of Allen "sniffer" Clarke in the sixties who we bought for a then British record fee of £150,000 fro Fulham (who said this club never had ambition - Ok we then sold him to Leeds for another record 175k a few years later) most have not been big name signings.  Lineker, Heskey both home grown, Alan Smith and Jamie Vardy plucked from Non league and many others bargain basement buys. Sometimes you have to take a chance but it seems to me that its our big money frontmen that have been the flops.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I'd like to negotiate with you if that's what you think a hard bargain is!!!

I am not sure Mags is worth much more than that! If it was Man U chasing him there would be at least 10 mil surcharge on the valuation though ;)

On 06/02/2019 at 21:59, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't be too upset to see the following leave in the summer: Maguire, Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs, Mendy, James, Gray, Ghezzal, Okazaki, Iheanacho and then obviously Slimani, King and Silva.

Knowing our lot we will probably end up extending James, king, Simpson and Okazaki contracts ? 

23 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Kante had a release clause which none of our players now have and Mahrez literally had to stop playing to get his move after two years, he was sold at the time we could get the most money out of him knowing he wouldn’t sign a new contract, it suited the club and the player.

As I said above anyone likely to attract interest are on long term contracts - we hold all the cards, there’s not a chance more than one goes if any at all

Kante had a release clause for Champions League clubs but we accepted a bid from a non-Champions League club so the clause wasnt used. Mahrez did not stop playing to get his move 2 years later either. Mahrez only asked to leave at the end of last season. 2 years ago he had signed a new 4 year contract. The point is players outgrow clubs. Its not just a Leicester thing, just ask Tottenham fans who have lost the likes of Modric, Bale overseas and a few years ago now Berbatov and Carrick to Man Utd.

I would put money on the fact that Maguire wont be there for the seasons start and thats why we did some forward thinking with Benkovic.

9 hours ago, urban fox said:

nearer £60m than £40M if truth be told.  £29M for Slim and £25M (plus possible add-ons) for Nacho if the reports are to be believed.  If you then factor in agents fees, wages relocation costs and other administration etc. etc. it comes to shed loads.   Not given up entirely on Nacho just yet but I think we can effectively write off Slimani as a total loss (at least it is probably tax deductible :unsure:).  Its a funny old game but when you look back at some of our best strikers over the years not many will have been signed for huge amounts of dosh.  With the exception of Allen "sniffer" Clarke in the sixties who we bought for a then British record fee of £150,000 fro Fulham (who said this club never had ambition - Ok we then sold him to Leeds for another record 175k a few years later) most have not been big name signings.  Lineker, Heskey both home grown, Alan Smith and Jamie Vardy plucked from Non league and many others bargain basement buys. Sometimes you have to take a chance but it seems to me that its our big money frontmen that have been the flops.

Erm Frank Worthington /Alan the Birch and a guy called Weller,weren't exactly from the £shop...

Outs

King - free - Bye my sweet prince

James  - 500k -  nice bloke but not prem quality 

Jakupovic - on a free - Seemed decent when played but not needed

Simpson - free - Not needed anymore

Maguire - 60 million - Hopefully man u offer shit loads like they did last season

Fuchs - free - is going anyway

Silva - swap for tielemans 

Okazaki - free -We can try get something for him

Iheanacho - loan get his confidence back up 

total sales - 60.5 million

Ins

Che Adams - 10 million - Birmingham aren't in the best spot financially and will take the money

Alfredo Morelos - I don't know about how much they'd want transfermarkt says 3 million - We need a mentally unstable player now that benalouane is gone - decent player too

Mendez - 30 million - Would be a great attacking midfielder offers much more threat than gray and rancid could ever dream of offering in terms of attacking quality

David Neres - 35 million - the definition of a trickster insane dribbler who could fill the void left by mahrez

Tielemans - silva swap + 10 million - if he's shit on loan then just get someone like him say Hector Herrera 

total spend - 88 million

Our squad should look like:

Ricardo/amartey Soyuncu/DJ Benkovic/evans Chilwell/Elder

tielemans/u23 player  ndidi/choudhury

Neres/barnes    maddison/Mendez     Gray/albrighton       

Vardy/Morelos <-------------(depending on opposition)

We should be able to go top 10 with this team with decent back up players. We will need to sell maguire in order to bring anyone in due to the new training ground and the expansion 

Edited by Fightforever

I agree we need at least 1 more striker in, however I think we will find it difficult to get a proven ready made striker in, as they know with Puel we only play 1 striker & if Vardy is fit, he plays. If you don’t think players/agents think like this then you are being naive. 

Best bet would be someone with potential who can also operate in other positions (Che Adams) 

Looking at the current squad I’d be quite happy keeping a lot of the players we have  - Schemichel, Chilwell, Maguire, Pereira, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Albrighton, Vardy, Gray (he still has potential), and potentially Tielemans if he does well for the remainder of the season and we can sign him up. In an ideal world, I’d be wanting another centre back or 2 for next year (unless Soyuncu / Benkovic step up), some cover at both RB and LB for Chilwell and Pereira, a better ball playing CDM (would love to see Drinky back - think he’d make a huge difference to us), and a better striker who could back up vardy coming on as a sub or even have the ability to play alongside him (maybe someone like Pukki from Norwich). With a young squad like that and a manager who could return us to our fast-paced, counter-attacking and incredibly direct style of play i’d be genuinely optimistic about what we could do in the league, but I think we need to make a few crucial signings and stop attempting to play a style of play that doesn’t suit us. It is such a waste playing the way we do sometimes when Vardy is just waiting on the shoulder to be released but Ndidi / Mendy are unable to play that ball through.

What does everyone else think? 

• Haha 1

If we can keep Maguire, Chilwell and Maddison and get fees / trade for Slimani and Silva then that would be a good starting point.

A fit again Amartey may be adequate cover at RB though I'm not all that keen on him starting. At LB it's a question of whether Elder is up to being the second choice. Maguire, Evans, Benkovic and Soyuncu with or without Morgan is fine for CB's.

For the deeper midfielders I'd like the variety that Tielemans supposedly can bring, if not possible then a Mooy or Shelvey (or any other bald classy guy to remind us of Cambiasso!)

The wide and no.10 roles with Maddison, Barnes, Albrighton need more reliable contributions from Gray and Ghezzal, maybe another fresh face would increase competition.

Up front it's going to be difficult attracting someone when all we seem to offer is twenty minutes here and there and cup games whilst we stick to one up fromt and have Vardy.

So basically assess the left back cover, get a central midfielder who can pass well, consider another flair player so we don't resort to bringing Nacho on out wide and either stick or twist with Nacho as Vardys back up, he may come good or use any Slimani / Shinji money for a different option like an aerial threat.

And surely one of our u23's can step up to be no.3 Keeper, it seems an excessive luxury to pay Someone with league experience and with market value to not even make the bench.

Sorted.

Edited by fazzyfox

39 minutes ago, Lloydy Dyer said:

Looking at the current squad I’d be quite happy keeping a lot of the players we have  - Schemichel, Chilwell, Maguire, Pereira, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Albrighton, Vardy, Gray (he still has potential), and potentially Tielemans if he does well for the remainder of the season and we can sign him up. In an ideal world, I’d be wanting another centre back or 2 for next year (unless Soyuncu / Benkovic step up), some cover at both RB and LB for Chilwell and Pereira, a better ball playing CDM (would love to see Drinky back - think he’d make a huge difference to us), and a better striker who could back up vardy coming on as a sub or even have the ability to play alongside him (maybe someone like Pukki from Norwich). With a young squad like that and a manager who could return us to our fast-paced, counter-attacking and incredibly direct style of play i’d be genuinely optimistic about what we could do in the league, but I think we need to make a few crucial signings and stop attempting to play a style of play that doesn’t suit us. It is such a waste playing the way we do sometimes when Vardy is just waiting on the shoulder to be released but Ndidi / Mendy are unable to play that ball through.

What does everyone else think? 

I'm surprised it's taken til mid-Feb for anyone to mention what you have...

10 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Outs

King - 1 million - Bye my sweet prince

James  - 500k million -  nice bloke but not prem quality 

Jakupovic - on a free - Seemed decent when played but not needed

Simpson - 2 million - Not needed anymore

Maguire - 60 million - Hopefully man u offer shit loads like they did last season

Fuchs - free - is going anyway

Silva - swap for tielemans 

Okazaki - 3 million -We can try get something for him

Iheanacho - loan get his confidence back up 

total sales - 66.50 million

Ins

Che Adams - 10 million - Birmingham aren't in the best spot financially and will take the money

Alfredo Morelos - I don't know about how much they'd want transfermarkt says 3 million - We need a mentally unstable player now that benalouane is gone - decent player too

Mendez - 30 million - Would be a great attacking midfielder offers much more threat than gray and rancid could ever dream of offering in terms of attacking quality

David Neres - 35 million - the definition of a trickster insane dribbler who could fill the void left by mahrez

Tielemans - silva swap + 10 million - if he's shit on loan then just get someone like him say Hector Herrera 

total spend - 88 million

Our squad should look like:

Ricardo/amartey Soyuncu/DJ Benkovic/evans Chilwell/Elder

tielemans/u23 player  ndidi/choudhury

Neres/barnes    maddison/Mendez     Gray/albrighton       

Vardy/Morelos <-------------(depending on opposition)

We should be able to go top 10 with this team with decent back up players. We will need to sell maguire in order to bring anyone in due to the new training ground and the expansion 

King £0 out of contract. 

Simpson £0 out of contract. 

James 500k million who the fvck could afford him? Plus how many 0 in 500, 000m? lol lol

• Haha 2

Is King out of contract. Thought he had another year left after this one? Would also ship out Mendy (how many CDM do we need?) and of course Slimani.

Assuming Tielemanns remains I still feel an older head in their from time to time who doesn't mind playing a bit part role would be beneficial. Someone like Mark Noble or Joe Allen. (Not saying it should be either of these two, but someone in that mould).

Up front would like to see Che Adams bought as a long term replacement for Vardy and an aerial threat for Plan B. It is a difficult one as it is similar to Spurs. Forwards  go there and unless Kane is injured or it's the Caribou cup, don't get a chance. Again, it may well be someone who doesn't mind sitting on the bench. Perhaps someone like Andy Carroll could do a job in that respect. (He'd have plenty of rest to nurse those injuries)

14 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Outs

Simpson - 2 million - Not needed anymore

Okazaki - 3 million -We can try get something for him

If he can get 5M for players out of contract, Rudkin is a hell of a lot smarter than any of us thought.

• Haha 2