Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Ways you have referenced or paid tribute to Leicester City in everyday life

I'm currently developing an academic English course for students and attempting to make references to the title winning side in any example citations I need to make up. E.g. "Albrighton (2016) seeks to develop a better understanding of the role of public space in community development..."

Share the ways you have paid homage to Leicester in any other way, shape or form....

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Had to set up broker logins for an insurance portal (Yeah, my life rocks!) and every broker got a Leicester player + number as their password.

Most were not very happy.

There was a Palace fan I didn't like much, so I gave him Claridge120.

Quite a few humourless types complained to the MD about it.

I'm launching another quote and buy system tomorrow for my new vehicle. I was going to allow users to choose their own passwords, but I have a plan now!

4 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Whenever I’m in a different country I drunkenly waffle on to every Uber driver about our title win.The missus is sick of it now tbh 

Similarly having moved to a different city, generally the title win is a good icebreaker when meeting new clients/being introduced to new colleagues. 

25 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

My daughter is named Elsie F(aith) C(osette)

Yeah, I'm a bit of a ****, both generally and perhaps for the names themselves.

Elsie is a lovely name though

As a bonus to this, I couldn't tell you with any confidence whether my wife has worked it out yet.

This is where a family member spots this and ruins it!

I'm trying to rename my house at the moment. Wife has been won around to me renaming it Fox something, but that bit is hard. Fox Place? Fox House? Somehow they all seem a bit grander than my house is.

Interestingly, on a long walk round where I live yesterday I spotted a Filbert Place/Flibert House, something like that? Nice house. Could be a big fan of the nut. Could be a Leicester fan. So maybe there are a few others down here in Maidstone

Back in 1976 upon receiving my first wage packet I took a trip on my Mobylette to the tattooist on Filbert Street & after fibbing about my age had a Fox L.C.F.C tattoo on my left arm.

Unlike now,this was in the days when tats were generally frowned upon.

"you'll regret having that done" said me Dad..... The only time he was wrong!

Mentioned Jamie Vardy in my wedding speech. Stole the idea from a post on here,  how this amazing person had changed my life over the last few years.  Can everyone please raise a glass to Jamie Vardy. Luckily the wife saw the funny side.

• Like 1

I was working on an overseas mining project and there was what I could most closely describe as a disused quarry near the site where the company dumped its used fuel drums.  One day I accessed the site and arranged some fuel drums on the ground in the centre of the quarry to spell LCFC in letters around three metres high - then I climbed to the rim of the quarry and took a picture.  I left them there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I drink my coffee everyday in a LCFC mug :D 

I drink my Tea...from. either a LCFC of Tigers mug!!

My coffee I drink from a Neuschwansteinmug!!!I

I am to big to drink in even well anything...:whistle:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1