Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Ways you have referenced or paid tribute to Leicester City in everyday life

Where do I start? My drinking mug at work is, or course, a fox, wearing a cap and scarf. There is a fox hanging below the rear view mirror on my car, and an enamel fox stuck in the dashboard. There is a fox painted on the wall of my house, which I will have to repaint this spring as the whole of the outside of the house needs painting. Inside, you are never more than ten feet from a fox. Brass door-knocker in the shape of a fox. Fox doorstop in the bedroom. The bedroom mirror completely surrounded by foxes. Painting of fox leaping in the snow. Fox face shaped water jugs somewhere in the living room. More foxes of various shapes and sizes in the living room and a taxidermy fox by the window. Oh, and books. From where I am sitting I can see 'One Hump or Two'  and 'The Boy from Nowhere'. What do you think my phone ring tone might be?

• Like 2

My wife was pestering me about getting another dog, I eventually agreed as long as we called it after a Leicester player, it arrived the day we were playing Spurs away of the title winning season, so I said we would call it after the first Leicester goal scorer, then it dawned on me what if Shinji, N'golo or Riyad score? Thank fvck for Robert Huth!!!!

I have a Champions poster above my desk at work, an empty packet of Salt & Victory crisps on the white board next to me, a Leicester City mug on my desk and the club badge as my desktop background. 

Oh, I also have a picture of my daughter wearing a City shirt when she was only a few months old.

Despite all that, no one talks to me about football!

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I have 30 computers in my classroom and every single one has this as a screensaver 

572e3ac6a4251_GettyImages528942082.jpg.99c8938f2b99c87b485e50abc68d51d0.jpg

Every other computer in the school has a picture of the school or some shit but mine have looked this way since 2016. I actually dedicated a couple of hours to changing them all individually. No-one in a senior role has ever noticed or they just haven't said anything!

:appl::appl::appl:

I wrote a book chapter for an academic work about the construction and belonging of personal, professional and group identities in 2016 and it was published in 2017. Leicester City and being a supporter and fan was used as examples throughout to illustrate the learning. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

As part of the animal rescue group I'm with, this Saturday I am MC'ing a trivia night. 

I have also been responsible for putting the questions together, eight rounds of ten questions. The final round is sport and the final question reads... "Which team beat odds of 5000 to 1 to win the English Premier League in 2015/16 :whistle:

Edit 1 - Im expecting a <70% correct answer rate

Edit 2  - before anyone says it.. yes, this is me...

Image result for gareth office trivia night

Edit 3 - a deadlock will be broken by use of a kettle

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

As part of the animal rescue group I'm with, this Saturday I am MC'ing a trivia night. 

I have also been responsible for putting the questions together, eight rounds of ten questions. The final round is sport and the final question reads... "Which team beat odds of 5000 to 1 to win the English Premier League in 2015/16 :whistle:

Why not just ask 'Who is the greatest team the world has ever seen?'

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Why not just ask 'Who is the greatest team the world has ever seen?'

lol seems a fair question as i have had the answer on my key ring since the 80's..... So no one can argue  :)image.png.ccb1e88a292829521d997d2eab1599e4.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

lol seems a fair question as i have had the answer on my key ring since the 80's..... So no one can argue  :)image.png.ccb1e88a292829521d997d2eab1599e4.png

Since when does an eco-hippie own three cars? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Since when does an eco-hippie own three cars? :D

hahaha...

1) mine (sits in garage only used for business reasons)

2) Wife's... so not allowed to use that

3) Work van

Did i mention i have taken up cycling to/from work now... wont be long before i slip into the Lycra ;)

Damn you planet.. I'll save you!

Edit, By the way, it is near impossible to put all those fking keys in your pocket without piercing something!

Edited by ozleicester
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

hahaha...

1) mine (sits in garage only used for business reasons)

2) Wife's... so not allowed to use that

3) Work van

Did i mention i have taken up cycling to/from work now... wont be long before i slip into the Lycra ;)

Damn you planet.. I'll save you!

Edit, By the way, it is near impossible to put all those fking keys in your pocket without piercing something!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munda_Biddi_Trail

:D

• Haha 1

I live and work in Sweden and the morning after we won the league I went into work early to decorate the whole workplace with blue and white streamers and balloons. Wearing my King Power shirt with pride I presented each and every colleague with a commerative bottle of Singha  beer each decorated in Leicester City colours. Many of my colleagues are Swedish Liverpool fans and they still talk about our Premier league win and my celebrations to this day. What a time in our lives that was and no one can take  those memories away from us. 

• Like 2

My work email used to be my name followed by 1884. It’s now my name followed by 2016. 

When it was 1884 the Archdeacon of South Birmingham asked if that was the year I was born, I replied it was the year the greatest football team in the planet came into existence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

My work email used to be my name followed by 1884. It’s now my name followed by 2016. 

When it was 1884 the Archdeacon of South Birmingham asked if that was the year I was born, I replied it was the year the greatest football team in the planet came into existence. 

Fook me, how old do you look? He seriously thought you were born 130 odd years ago?

Maybe time for a bit of back to black through the hair?

• Haha 1