yorkie1999

Also in the news

10 minutes ago, Milo said:

😁 a troll that looks like an actual troll...!! Love it

Every time someone gets trolled they should now just post this picture and say 'this is you, isn't it?'

Really is fascinating how the internet appears to have turned some people into complete psychopaths. 

He gets to the age of 51 without ever getting arrested or being in trouble then lands himself a ten month prison sentence because he wants to abuse politicians. It's mental.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

Really is fascinating how the internet appears to have turned some people into complete psychopaths. 

He gets to the age of 51 without ever getting arrested or being in trouble then lands himself a ten month prison sentence because he wants to abuse politicians. It's mental.

It's the keyboard warrior phenomenon.

Prior to the internet, these reclusive misfits sat harmlessly masturbating in their childhood bedroom, but on the internet they can be the person who they imagine they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Prior to the internet, these reclusive misfits sat harmlessly masturbating in their childhood bedroom, but on the internet they can be the person who they imagine they are.

Half the problem is the anonymity of it, they assume they can get away with it as nobody knows who they are.

The Internet shouldn't be any different to real life - everyone should be allowed to know who everyone is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Half the problem is the anonymity of it, they assume they can get away with it as nobody knows who they are.

The Internet shouldn't be any different to real life - everyone should be allowed to know who everyone is.

We don't have that problem on here.

I just assume everyone else is Moosebreath.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Bit like the matrix

3 hours ago, Buce said:

3 hours ago, MattP said:

I'm half and half on this one.

Getting real identities for internet discussions would probably curtail a lot of trolling and I'm all for that, but at the same time that anonymity is crucial to a lot of people in a lot of very dangerous places around the world risking everything so their countries might be freer.

20 hours ago, Izzy said:

Good luck George - I know exactly how you feel.

Great to hear people in the public eye talking about such a difficult subject

It surprised me reading that because we've always been taught that you can't assume someone's disabled status just by looking at them, so surely disabled individuals are more used than anybody to 'normal' looking people legitimately using their loos and parking bays, right? Apparently wrong, literally just witnessed a bloke struggling who was struggling to walk with a cane have a go at the person leaving the bogs because they didn't look disabled enough to him.  It's not a competition. :huh:  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It surprised me reading that because we've always been taught that you can't assume someone's disabled status just by looking at them, so surely disabled individuals are more used than anybody to 'normal' looking people legitimately using their loos and parking bays, right? Apparently wrong, literally just witnessed a bloke struggling who was struggling to walk with a cane have a go at the person leaving the bogs because they didn't look disabled enough to him.  It's not a competition. :huh:  

I can clearly remember an instance when I had my ileostomy bag where I was emptying/changing it in the disabled toilet (I was given a 'radar' key by my stoma nurse). There was loud banging on the door and shouts of "Hurry Up!!" so I replied "Be done in a minute!!"

When I walked out there was an overweight lady in a wheelchair and her helper pushing. The helper shouts to me "For gods sake, we've been waiting ages and there's absolutely nothing wrong with you!" I just stood there, lifted my t-shirt and showed her my bag while her jaw dropped and she looked sheepishly to the floor.

Thing is, my guess is that the lady in the wheelchair may not have actually been 'disabled' but was just so obese that she couldn't walk.

But like you say, it's not a competition...

• Like 1