Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Puel- Neck out!!

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Shmeichal needs to realise his sons not in the same league as some of the better goalies in the league. Who’s seriously going to take kasper on 120 grand a week.

Isn’t that the point he was making? He lists the top keepers at the top 6 as proof that he wouldn’t play at those clubs.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ricey said:

Isn’t that the point he was making? He lists the top keepers at the top 6 as proof that he wouldn’t play at those clubs.

Think it was more like a risk assessment. They already have goalkeepers rather than him admitting they were better than Kasper.

As much as i love what hes done for us, since the title win hes been very counter productive to our progress as a club.

Morgan and Schmeichel aren't irreplaceable in the way Vardy is. So if theyre causing so much unrest and have this much power, id get rid. Then lets see what kind of club Kasper gets. My guess would be an average La Liga/Serie A side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Think it was more like a risk assessment. They already have goalkeepers rather than him admitting they were better than Kasper.

As much as i love what hes done for us, since the title win hes been very counter productive to our progress as a club.

Morgan and Schmeichel aren't irreplaceable in the way Vardy is. So if theyre causing so much unrest and have this much power, id get rid. Then lets see what kind of club Kasper gets. My guess would be an average La Liga/Serie A side.

We have no proof that Schmeichel is counter productive and causing unrest? Only people jumping to all sorts of conclusions.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

You don't think his opinion has been formed based on comments from his son...?

Probably, but how do we know that is what Kasper is saying? He might be fully behind Puel but is feeding back to his Dad that a lot of the other players are not.

I find it strange that people are so quick to label Schmeichel and Vardy as bad eggs when there's no stonewall proof and both of them always give their all for the club every match.

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 1

Just now, Ricey said:

Probably, but how do we know that what Kasper is saying? He might be fully behind Puel but is feeding back to his Dad that a lot of the other players are not.

I think it's pretty obvious form his dads comments that Kasper isn't being complimentary about Puel or fully behind him. He wouldn't say that stuff if he was.

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

what has morgan done?

what have i missed that he has said or done?

vardy is replaceable.

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

what has morgan done?

vardy is replaceable.

25 minutes ago, womp said:

what has morgan done?

vardy is replaceable.

By whom? 

We desperately need another striker and to be aware he is coming to the end of his 90mins-every-game life, and if we can find anyone similar then outstanding, but I can’t think of a player outside the top 4 who does anything like what Vardy does. 

Will put what I've said a few times - I respect the job Puel's done in the way he's put this squad together, but I just don't think he's the man to get the most out of it. He may convince me otherwise in this final run of games but I just worry he'll keep making baffling decisions that hold us back from our true potential. It's a tough one because as stated he has to take some credit for the squad we now have.

21 hours ago, Asha said:

Absolutely, agree with all of this.

Changing managers all the time doesn't help anyone. We need to let Puel build his dynasty. This season's done now, every game is a dead rubber so take the pressure off and keep playing the young lads and developing for the future.

I know it sounds a bit excessive but rather than sacking Puel I'd like to see him given a 10-year contract. Say to him "here you go, you'll have the time, you'll have the resources, let's build a platform for the future."

We have some amazing young players coming through. We could easily be a regular top 6 side under Puel in a few years but we have to stop being so desperate to get there yesterday. Give him time, backing in the transfer window and some support and he'll get us there eventually.

He'll carry himself with class the whole time, he clearly wants to focus on youth, he's shown he can stand up to the strong characters (like dropping Vardy today). He's the perfect fit for us.

What's the alternative? Pardew?

Just one point, the season ‘ain’t done until we get two more wins.

23 hours ago, brucey said:

Has this been posted yet? Clearly a staunch #PuelOuter has been moaning to his dad...

This stinks of when the popular kid doesn't get in the school football team so he gets his dad to come and moan at the PE teacher. 

Ridiculous comments to make publicly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Wow, Schmeichel is a model professional and his desire to win is evident. He absolutely loves and respects our owners and this club. I am sure he is influential and whether that rubs badly with the manager i'm not sure, but that's the risk that may happen when our owners place so much loyalty, respect and reward to our players who achieved things with us. Not many other clubs have that relationship between owners and players and it has brought the benefits of an unbelievable team spirit but the downside is perhaps they have too much of a voice? Not really the players fault though is it.

Schmeichel had his best season for us the year after we won the title, it was fairly forgettable league position wise and at one point we looked to be going down but he was very good both league and in the CL.

I think we would miss him hugely.

What I find amusing is that some of the more regular Puel defenders are jumping to conclusions against Kasper based on something his dad has said but were rubbishing claims made by John Percy a few weeks ago that painted Puel in a negative light as nonsense and hearsay.

Essentially its the same thing - someone close to the team has fed someone information and that person has then formed their own opinion and ran with it publically.

• Like 1

I don’t think it’s as easy as Peter sharing Kasper’s opinion. It was well known amongst media circles that Peter Schmeichel was very, very vocal around the stadium on matchdays moaning about Ranieri post Champions. 

Similarly Peter’s rant didn’t consider the bond Kasper has with Top. 

From what I have been told, most of the senior players are supportive of what Puel is practising in terms of moving the club forward but he doesn’t communicate individual decisions well enough. Adding to that he does not listen to his coaching staff

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I think it's pretty obvious form his dads comments that Kasper isn't being complimentary about Puel or fully behind him. He wouldn't say that stuff if he was.

Papa and son have clashed before...

with Kasper,saying he doesn't follow his father's view,and ideas...and that he is ,his own man.!!

the words out of Kasper's mouth recently regarding all club events have been mature and respectful.

he has stated on many occasions he owes the club and loves it here.

I can't imagine for one minute that he sanctioned his dad running his mouth off like that on world television and he'll probably be ****ing livid with him, tbh. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dames said:

What I find amusing is that some of the more regular Puel defenders are jumping to conclusions against Kasper based on something his dad has said but were rubbishing claims made by John Percy a few weeks ago that painted Puel in a negative light as nonsense and hearsay.

Essentially its the same thing - someone close to the team has fed someone information and that person has then formed their own opinion and ran with it publically.

Care to name names, because I've just read that whole thread and there was nothing of the sort said like that? People did question his ultra negative slanton everything that he writes and that he doesn't seem to add any balance to the job in hand.

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

the words out of Kasper's mouth recently regarding all club events have been mature and respectful.

he has stated on many occasions he owes the club and loves it here.

I can't imagine for one minute that he sanctioned his dad running his mouth off like that on world television and he'll probably be ****ing livid with him, tbh. 

Sanction it... no. But I think it's a tad nieve to think he's not taken on board his sons opinions on the manager. He was pretty blunt about it.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Sanction it... no. But I think it's a tad nieve to think he's not taken on board his sons opinions on the manager. He was pretty blunt about it.

oh for sure - I can see Kasper perhaps being one of the old-guard who might have had a moan over the dinner table but I can't imagine he'd have been too pleased about it being repeated on the TV. 

I moan to my dad about issues with my job - would I be happy if my dad marched into the directors office and started repeating it? noooo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Care to name names, because I've just read that whole thread and there was nothing of the sort said like that? People did question his ultra negative slanton everything that he writes and that he doesn't seem to add any balance to the job in hand.

I've probably been a little extreme in saying it was rubbished but you are correct in saying its been massively questioned but the point still stands is that its the same thing happening here. Peter has taken something Kasper has said and put an ultra negative spin on it based on his own opinion.

Until it comes from Kaspers mouth it would be unfair to slag him off.

• Like 1