SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

Puel has to put Vardy back up top for the next game and shift Gray to the right and drop Ghezzal.

Again Ghezzal offered us nothing from the start or from an out wide position, the lad hasnt got the legs or physicality to play as a PL winger. He’s better as an impact sub playing behind the strikers. 

If Puel can do this and doesn’t put Mendy back in the team I think I may be able to get behind what he’s doing, he just needs to stop with the bizzare decisions.

Gray has been started up front several times now and its never worked. He’s never scored consistently or often enough to even be considered for that position, he just isnt a consistent goal scorer.

Whoever keeps saying Puel got it spot on today is deluded, he’s about 80% there but needs to stop with these baffling decisions. 

I agree Vardy should start up top instead of Gray, but I would want to see more of Ghezzal on the right. The good thing with him is that he doesn’t hold on to the ball like Gray does. He does try to pass it on, unlike Gray who just wants to dribble and only looks at his feet.

• Like 1

Thought we were really good today. In fact, I think we have looked pretty good for the last 3 matches...all tough fixtures for any team. We now have a run of games that are all winnable if we keep the performances up and Knobheadgate is put to bed.

We must be patient with these young lads, and hopefully we can get a good run now  and build some belief!

3-1 definitely flattered them today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Vardy should have been on the bench his attitude to the manager and lack of respect is an issue 

There is only so much crap you can take before you explode. If there is no respect for the manager, then there is a reason for that 

Spurs are excellent when flying but a team with no Kane, Dele, Alderweireld, Dier and Moura looked very average and we made them look just that. Unfortunately, a tactical error by Claude in dropping Vardy, playing the safety net that is Ghezzal and a peno missed along with a shed load of other chances missed we leave again disappointed. This wasn't all Claude's fault but partly.

There were so many positives in the game like Tielemans, Barnes (he will score plenty as he makes things happen), Chilwell, Ndidi (absolutely bossed the midfield) etc but mistakes are costing is dear. Regardless whether people are for Claude or against, the reality is we are 8 points away from relegation and 18 points away from 6th place. We have won 9 and lost 12. Southampton who are in the bottom 3 have lost the same amount as us.

Anyone who thinks things are going well this season are delusional. Terrible tactics got us dumped out of the Cups and in the league our position belies the quality we have out our disposal. We have some unreal talent and the best set of under 22 options of any premier league clubs but are grossly under achieving IMO. They are not fired up enough seemingly and dont seem prepared at times hence the numerous slow starts we usually have. We end the season with games against Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal and if we think we have no chance of being dragged into the mire you would be mistaken. 

I think Claude has lost the dressing room so its time for a change before we get disgruntled players queuing up to leave us. With the players we have we should be doing a lot better.Lets get a change now and build for the start of the new season.

• Like 2

Discounting the fact we are finding new ways to lose, there was a lot to admire about our game today. The end product is so erratic and we seem to become so vulnerable at the back as we become anxious at chance after chance missed but I am kind of proud of them today.

I think its Tielemans, I'd let the lad do a steaming pile of Richard on the club Crest after his final game for us if we get another 12 games like that from him. We will take apart teams with him here, but Vardy has to play and Barnes has to give his head a wobble. He will be disappointed today and the 2 week break might be the last thing he needs but he is going to ve some player for us. Hes desperate to get that first goal and you could tell.

Maddison was superb today.

I'll ignore the kamikaze stuff, let's regroup in these next 2 weeks and then take fcukin bodies. I think we'll win 5 of the next 6 IMO.

15 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Reminded me of those losing performances in our great escape season. 

I was also thinking this. If we keep hold of our current squad (chuck money at Monaco for Tielemans), Benkovich comes back a solid defender and bring in another clinical striker. Next season could be very interesting. There's many glimpses of a great team but it just needs to be nurtured. There's a fantastic opportunity to use this the talent we have at this club, I just hope we get it right - Puel may or may not be the guy to take us forward further. Now saying that, I fully expect us to get thumped 3-0 by Palace and all my optimism to shoot down the pisser

Edited by bfox
1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Wolves aren't in transition and they've bought in ready made players. We have to develop ours and that takes time. But you know that already and just pretending to be dumb. Unless you're just dumb?

I never stated that Wolves are in transition. I agree with you.

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Whats the really effective system?>

there is some right crap spouted on here

image.thumb.png.511f2bd7b5cc880755217eec2de56287.png

It's not exactly a shock having played Liverpool away, Spurs away, Man U, Wolves away and Everton away.

If we are still in that position after the next 6 then fair enough, but I think this was pretty much expected was it not after this run of games?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I agree Vardy should start up top instead of Gray, but I would want to see more of Ghezzal on the right. The good thing with him is that he doesn’t hold on to the ball like Gray does. He does try to pass it on, unlike Gray who just wants to dribble and only looks at his feet.

I hear you and agree with your points but I think thats what actually makes Ghezzal

more suited to play centrally. He’ll never be able to stretch play, beat his man or be able to track back consistently and effectively each game but what he’s good at is getting the ball and releasing it quickly and forwards would be more suited to playing where Maddison is.

I see Ghezzal as adequate cover for Maddison but not good enough to cover out wide.

• Like 1

Kasper

Ricky         Evans           Maguire        Chilly

Tielemans       Ndidi

Gray                  Maddison                Barnes

Vardy

There is absolutely NO reason that that team can't go and win our next 9 games. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, sishades said:

Its not games like this that are a problem, its losing to the likes of Cardiff and Saints that are seeing us sleepwalking towards relegation. We should all  be worried.

You may have a point. We need two wins urgently. 

3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Very interesting comment from Peter Schmeichel about his sons future and what’s wrong with Leicester city at the moment on BBC Radio Leicester he’s defiantly not a Puel fan !!

Could you tell us what the comments were?

Spurs / Chelsea opinions from a music forum I post on: 

That’s one of the toughest games spurs have had all season. Rare to see us actually get outplayed and the opponent have more chances. Shows the difference having someone like Son makes to a team.

Leicester have played well and created a lot. Deserve something out of this.

Yeah, enjoying this. Game performance from Leicester.

Entertaining game though. If Barnes could shoot Leicester would be 3-2 up

those feels when other teams fans are better at seeing your team for what it is than your own fans. 

ouch. 

Image result for feels

• Like 2