Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

MOTD

The problem was Puel’s reasoning in the interview. Give Gray an opportunity.

If he had said he wanted to use Gray to exploit the space left by the full backs, to double up on that area with Barnes/Ghezzal and not play through the middle then at least it shows some tactical thinking.

Then say the plan was always to introduce Vardy on 60 minutes to run at a defence that’s been chasing Gray all round the pitch for an hour.

It may be that Vardy is going to struggle to play 90 minutes every week and we need to start trying other options. I thought Gray did quite well and I’d have kept him on for longer and taken Ghezzal off. Moving Gray out wide.

20 minutes ago, Captain... said:

The problem was Puel’s reasoning in the interview. Give Gray an opportunity.

If he had said he wanted to use Gray to exploit the space left by the full backs, to double up on that area with Barnes/Ghezzal and not play through the middle then at least it shows some tactical thinking.

Then say the plan was always to introduce Vardy on 60 minutes to run at a defence that’s been chasing Gray all round the pitch for an hour.

It may be that Vardy is going to struggle to play 90 minutes every week and we need to start trying other options. I thought Gray did quite well and I’d have kept him on for longer and taken Ghezzal off. Moving Gray out wide.

Can I just say that it was 1 0 with the ball on the penalty spot when Vardy entered the fray. A few minutes later we we’re 2 0 down. 

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I reckon it's beyond words that nobody understands rebuilding and using your rescources,especially when your only striker has wasted chance after chance,

Over the last  few games!!!

Fair enough that he wants to give opportunities to younger players but there's a time and a place, 8 points above drop zone with a very real possibility that we could get sucked into that to do this is reckless and frankly needless right now.

What's more important is the points, yesterdays game I'd have said that was his only mistake.. starting line-up was good aside from that and we played well but because he "wants to give opportunities" we started on the back foot.

8 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Can I just say that it was 1 0 with the ball on the penalty spot when Vardy entered the fray. A few minutes later we we’re 2 0 down. 

And I was accused of having an agenda and spinning stuff ......

our inability to take convincing pens has been an issue for many years - was Gallagher the last proper pen taker we had? I grew up with frank .......did you ever think he woud miss (he did mind you) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, koop. said:

Jenas and Shearer just hit the nail on the head.....

Puel stated he wants to give opportunity to others.... 

Jenas rightly said "opportunity? This isn't a charity" quite why Vardy wasn't starting from the off today is criminal and with the amount of chances we created we decided to put Gray up top? 

That decision alone is beyond words 

Its beyond me why it takes an anti Leicester player to state the obvious yet to be shot down and then some on here use ad hominem to get their ‘point’ across.

Puel came out in the press and said there hadn’t been words between the two but still punitively dropped Vardy. Great management that while at the same time limiting our capabilities in one fell swoop, tactical genius. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Its beyond me why it takes an anti Leicester player to state the obvious yet to be shot down and then some on here use ad hominem to get their ‘point’ across.

Puel came out in the press and said there hadn’t been words between the two but still punitively dropped Vardy. Great management that while at the same time limiting our capabilities in one fell swoop, tactical genius. 

Or, maybe he dropped him because Vardys forms been minging for ages and of late playing with him has been like playing with 10 men, given he's fluffing his lines most weeks?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Or, maybe he dropped him because Vardys forms been minging for ages and of late playing with him has been like playing with 10 men, given he's fluffing his lines most weeks?

But he has no-one else to challenge for that spot, nor anyone even in any form that can challenge. He needs to face facts, he may not be in form but he's still our best striker.

A 1 legged Vardy is better then any other striking option we have.

7 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Not me!! But I find it hilarious... We have had numerous Posts questioning Vardy,including some wanting him rested or on the bench...!!and questioning Puel for

Selecting him!!!

Now we have another cross section,who use Vardy being benched to also have a dig and poke at the manager.....!!

Everyone of you questioning the sanity and football-brains of the other,assuming themselves to be the only experts...

Please get together,and have a good rumble....!!!  Mr Tusk and Brexit can also be sorted...:giggle:

9 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

You do realise that Jenas hates Leicester with his Forest/Spurs connections? I wouldn’t take too much notice of that twat.

As I’ve said before, I suspect the dropping of Vardy was disciplinary. Could be wrong on that one of course. 

If it was disciplinary he shouldn't even have been on the bench if it wasn't then it's an even worse decision. It's called biting your nose off to spite your face. 

3 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

But he has no-one else to challenge for that spot, nor anyone even in any form that can challenge. He needs to face facts, he may not be in form but he's still our best striker.

A 1 legged Vardy is better then any other striking option we have.

So, why not give Gray a go, see if he can do what he does for England u21s. We aren't a charity, and that means not making woefully out of form players undroppable. Not as if we're in any actual danger of relegation.

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Not me!! But I find it hilarious... We have had numerous Posts questioning Vardy,including some wanting him rested or on the bench...!!and questioning Puel for

Selecting him!!!

Now we have another cross section,who use Vardy being benched to also have a dig and poke at the manager.....!!

Everyone of you questioning the sanity and football-brains of the other,assuming themselves to be the only experts...

Please get together,and have a good rumble....!!!  Mr Tusk and Brexit can also be sorted...:giggle:

Argh the stupidity of Brexit, it’s like some with a straight face trying to sell you that it is an intelligent idea to start a winger up front with the striker that scores for fun against the big teams. I’ll defend Puel if when he does the right thing for sure, some always defend him no matter what, confirmation bias. 

Would I have started Vardy, yes because we're playing against a team that is suited to actually playing him. I'd have been far more inclined to try it out against another team, but nobody can say if it was the right decision or not. We could have lost 5-0 or won 5-0 if he started. Most of the chances actually fell to wide men moving in from the wings, so he probably wouldn't have been in the position to take Barnes missed chances... plus he missed a bloody pen.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Would I have started Vardy, yes because we're playing against a team that is suited to actually playing him. I'd have been far more inclined to try it out against another team, but nobody can say if it was the right decision or not. We could have lost 5-0 or won 5-0 if he started. Most of the chances actually fell to wide men moving in from the wings, so he probably wouldn't have been in the position to take Barnes missed chances... plus he missed a bloody pen.

Not to mention that Vardy’s finishing this season has been dire. He’s got the biggest difference between his xG and goals scored of any player in the league this season, and by a fair distance too. The idea that he would definitely have bagged 2 or 3 given the chances we had is based on a version of Vardy we’ve not seen for 9 months.

It will be interesting to see what happens when we play Palace next weekend because they’re just as poor in front of goal as we are.

50 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

We were fine without Vardy, we were missing great chances with and without him on the pitch. We could have got something if he didnt fluff the pen.

Puel's 'reasoning' is obviously bullshit. 

Vardy was the one who scored lol nobody else did so how was we doing fine exactly? 

20 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So, why not give Gray a go, see if he can do what he does for England u21s. We aren't a charity, and that means not making woefully out of form players undroppable. Not as if we're in any actual danger of relegation.

A few things there

- Grays not a striker, his touch map even showed that he never got centrally and all touches of the ball came from wide and as you put it we're not a charity. 

- Vardy woefully out of form? Bit harsh, even in the games where he doesn't score he's often praised for his workrate and effort put in when he's not getting service. The one game where we can supply him effectively he's dropped?! 

- No danger of relegation. Remains to be seen, think we've got enough to be safe in terms of team but by no means have we reached a safe amount of points. Especially considering we can't get goals against lesser opposition where exactly do you see our next win coming from? I don't see us getting anything out of Palace.

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

A few things there

- Grays not a striker, his touch map even showed that he never got centrally and all touches of the ball came from wide and as you put it we're not a charity. 

- Vardy woefully out of form? Bit harsh, even in the games where he doesn't score he's often praised for his workrate and effort put in when he's not getting service. The one game where we can supply him effectively he's dropped?! 

- No danger of relegation. Remains to be seen, think we've got enough to be safe in terms of team but by no means have we reached a safe amount of points. Especially considering we can't get goals against lesser opposition where exactly do you see our next win coming from? I don't see us getting anything out of Palace.

He has been, by his own very high standards his finishing has been poor this season and all the stats back that up.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He has been, by his own very high standards his finishing has been poor this season and all the stats back that up.

Again though and it's been identified several times, we barely supply him... and often when we do it lacks any real quality or too late an opportunity for him to effectively finish. I think with introduction of Tielemans that may change for the more positive.

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

A few things there

Gray has played there for England U21s, and we needed someone else up there because Okazaki isn't a goal threat and Iheanacho isn't in his current state.

Nonsense, he's getting service and wasting it. Look at his xG per 90: https://understat.com/team/Leicester/2018 (change the year to 2017 to see the 17/18 season, 2016 for 16/17 etc) 0.63 this season against 0.42 (17/18), 0.32 (16/17), 0.63 (15/16), 0.31 (14/15). The quality of chances he's getting are on a par with the title winning season. But his performance is not. 

We are not in any danger of relegation. Realistic we need maybe 4/5 points more to confirm it, we'll eek those out and more (I reckon we'll finish somewhere between 8th and 11th). But, if you think we're in real danger - £25 to the forum says we don't go down.