Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

MOTD

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Here are some facts. 

Vardy recently signed a long-term lucrative contract. 

Vardy almost always starts when fit (and probably when not fully fit too). 

Vardy has had fitness issues all season. 

Vardy hasn't been at his best, largely. 

Vardy is still class, but a bit of a naughty boy. 

Vardy said something on camera that looked less than complimentary, and it might have been about Puel. 

So, to suggest Puel has no justifiable reasons for benching Vardy is to ignore all of the above. To suggest that Puel should tell us 'I dropped him because we've had a barney / his groin is iffy / he needs a kick up the arse / nobody is sacred' is at best naive. But let's not pretend that Puel doesn't know he's our best striker - he's trying to manage a tricky personality in an ageing body who has almost certainly peaked. 

I do believe,that many are trying to make a story out of nothing...And then blowing all opinions,well out of proportion!

However..great post!

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

I'm afraid that's just not true, as I've pointed out before and put all the stats down to show it. He's missed the 2nd most 'big chances' in the league all season, only Aubameyang (who plays for a team that creates far more chances) has more misses than Vardy.

Lets play someone that doesn't even occupy the central striker role.

At least he wont miss big chances, in fact he wont have any

As much as I dont want Vardy becoming a Egomaniac, Gray wasn't the solution and it was a real punt in a Game against spurs away

Sure that done Nachos shattered confidence the world of good, being dropped from the Squad 

image.png.4e7a89ad7a7846423a31eb6107c190ef.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I suppose it depends on what his instructions were, if he was asked to play like a 9 then he spent too much time out wide. If he was asked to try and move people about, drag people out of the middle etc, then it would shed a different light on it. But we'll never know as nobody bothers asking for detail.

totally agree

Posters are just looking at Gray vs Vardy,but Gray wasn't the guy moving into that so called cf. Space.It was Barnes who attacked that central area!!!

Puel rightly wanted to try and change the situation ...Vardy has not been on his game,unlike before Puel,he is now been getting the service..

instead of throwing out miserable posts....We should welcome the idea of trying something different...as far as the movement and creation was concerned,

it worked..and the team for the last few games have been performing,and individual school boy error have been our downfall.

These youngsters and yes with Vardy,will eventually get the conversion rate on an upward curve.

What's really pathetic...this Puel crusade has become so viral,that this forum, missed out on crediting the all round performance,with our new star

playing his first game...After finding this talent to fit in exactaly the position we have been trying desperately to fill.

We have made a massive leap,and some dozos,are cutting off their noses to spite the face,we have slowly become an exciting side,and many are missing

the point and with it the enjoyment of seeing the development working...

There is a miserable vibe and swirling mist of doom,being created on this forum....I am actually starting to lose interest....

30 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

As much as I dont want Vardy becoming a Egomaniac, Gray wasn't the solution and it was a real punt in a Game against spurs away

Sure that done Nachos shattered confidence the world of good, being dropped from the Squad 

He's only got himself to blame though hasn't he,when has he seized the chance when given to show what he can do?He hasn't ,he couldn't even show for Newport!Surely he's gone in the Summer.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Your point is valid but this graphic was shown shortly after half time. Gray quickly went on to have two shots on target.

I thought they were spot on, Puel has been we with the club for two seasons now and he suddenly want to try others in attack, the man's a joke, if Vardy isn't the future why did not we buy a striker in January window, I think that suggests Puel isn't the future. He can be applauded for bringing in younger players, but his match tactics leave alot to be desired. 

2 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

I thought they were spot on, Puel has been we with the club for two seasons now and he suddenly want to try others in attack, the man's a joke, if Vardy isn't the future why did not we buy a striker in January window, I think that suggests Puel isn't the future. He can be applauded for bringing in younger players, but his match tactics leave alot to be desired. 

Because we don't have the money, because we still need to ship players out to get people in.

Changing the structure of the squad takes time and money.

2 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

For what feels like the billionth time...

• We didn't buy a striker in January because prices are hugely inflated. Clubs buying in January are only doing so because they're desparate, so selling clubs and agents alike will cause costs to skyrocket.
  • Noone wants to sell anyone who we'd be interested in because - naturally - they would have to replace them themselves.
  • We're in a difficult financial situation at the minute because we've committed to a long-term goal of developing the training ground for future success.
  • We still have several of the title-winners on sizable contracts so offering a decent wage packet to a good-enough striker would likely see us breach the FFP wage rules

His match tactics were spot on yesterday. And to be honest, they were for Man Utd and Liverpool as well, and we've been tactically decent for every game since Christmas. The reason we haven't got the results to match is because of individual errors across the pitch - an inability to score, sloppy goals given away etc. There's not many matches at all in the last couple of months where you can categorically say we were outplayed.

We would have won yesterday if our forwards were on form - Barnes could have been on a hattrick, Gray a few and Vardy could have scored the pen when we were in the ascendency and looking capable of all 3 points. Not much Puel could have done to change any of that.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The highlights didn’t do us justice, but that may also be our own fault.

If we had been more clinical we may have been “moved up the menu” and on before “the Lancashire hot pot, the Yorkshire puddings” and I think you’ll find “spuds” are playing today

(do you see what I did there?)

1 minute ago, LinekersApples said:

The highlights didn’t do us justice, but that may also be our own fault.

If we had been more clinical we may have been “moved up the menu” and on before “the Lancashire hot pot, the Yorkshire puddings” and I think you’ll find “spuds” are playing today

(do you see what I did there?)

Nope, can you explain please :ph34r:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Am I just being harsh as I don’t like Spurs but wasn’t the ball still moving when Kane took the free kick for the Spurs goal 

I don't like spurs or Kane either, but IF the ball was moving, it was minimal. And as it would have been rolling away from Kane it wouldn't exactly give them any kind of advantage. Still a brilliant pass. Impossible to say with 100% certainty if it was moving or not.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I don't like spurs or Kane either, but IF the ball was moving, it was minimal. And as it would have been rolling away from Kane it wouldn't exactly give them any kind of advantage. Still a brilliant pass. Impossible to say with 100% certainty if it was moving or not.

Fantastic pass to be honest . Probably just my anti Spurs prejudice being over critical but they do seem to get away with a lot of stuff . 

Vardy is our talisman and why would any manager not want to play to his strengths? Obviously, selecting him in the first place helps, I really don't know what Puel was thinking. Fortunately we now have a manager who didn't take long to recognise this basic fact.

• Thanks 1