Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

"All we do is pass the ball sideways and backwards" - Not any more!

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Bit harder to sign quality players and keep our best when we've just finished 12th though.....

7 of our last 9 fixtures have been against teams in the top 9 and we've thrown points away during that time. In all honestly, points wise we got didn't get far off what most would probably have predicted. Lets see where we end up, because nobody around us has done anything during that time other than Wolves, despite having a far easier fixture list than ours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

7 of our last 9 fixtures have been against teams in the top 9 and we've thrown points away during that time. In all honestly, points wise we got didn't get far off what most would probably have predicted. Lets see where we end up, because nobody around us has done anything during that time other than Wolves, despite having a far easier fixture list than ours.

Hope you're right Babs.

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I just think there is far too much shit around the manager now for him to stay, clearly some of the players don't fancy him, the fans aren't on board. Only an unreal run for the end of the season would would save him now, but even then I'm not sure.

I was surprised to see Tielemans playing so high up the park, at times he was level with Maddison and Spurs just couldn't cope with the sea of blue all around them. There were times when we needed Tielemans to drop slightly deeper to get on the ball but to be honest his skill set is those through balls from around 25-30 yards out in behind the defence, we haven't had a player so intelligent like that for a long while. I even think teams who camp deep against us will be put under so much pressure and let's not forget how dangerous he is from long range, he didn't have a shot yesterday but if Palace come and play silly beggars then Tielemans is going to be launching some thunderbastards.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I was surprised to see Tielemans playing so high up the park, at times he was level with Maddison and Spurs just couldn't cope with the sea of blue all around them. There were times when we needed Tielemans to drop slightly deeper to get on the ball but to be honest his skill set is those through balls from around 25-30 yards out in behind the defence, we haven't had a player so intelligent like that for a long while. I even think teams who camp deep against us will be put under so much pressure and let's not forget how dangerous he is from long range, he didn't have a shot yesterday but if Palace come and play silly beggars then Tielemans is going to be launching some thunderbastards.

He did shoot once, but it was blocked.

That's what a box to box mid does - there's no "too high" or "too low up the pitch".  Not that many modern players have the skillset to play thay way but Tielemans clearly does.  We saw for ourselves yesterday what a difference having somebody like that makes to a side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I just think there is far too much shit around the manager now for him to stay, clearly some of the players don't fancy him, the fans aren't on board. Only an unreal run for the end of the season would would save him now, but even then I'm not sure.

Yeah agree. But unless we get someone with a similar trust in the youth we have, then the last 2 years would have been a complete waste. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We're so close to being a bloody good side. Just a question of if Top holds his nerve really. Or we can just go back to kick and rush. 

Hopefully be prepared to back him with a few quid as well if he does believe in him. I know we aren't in the strongest financial position at the minute but I also think we might only be 2/3 players off having a very good team.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely you haven't forgotten his godly volley from the corner flag?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah agree. But unless we get someone with a similar trust in the youth we have, then the last 2 years would have been a complete waste. 

I honestly don't think the people in charge are that blind to see the progress made and the direction the club is heading...

People say Puel has done so much good by bringing through young players, I'm pretty sure this is the clubs plan and Puel is overseeing the long term 'project'

I don't think Puels dreamt this up himself.

17 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I honestly don't think the people in charge are that blind to see the progress made and the direction the club is heading...

People say Puel has done so much good by bringing through young players, I'm pretty sure this is the clubs plan and Puel is overseeing the long term 'project'

I don't think Puels dreamt this up himself.

Oh no of course not, he's a manager that focuses on youth which would have been a key factor in us offering him the job. Board level decisions decided we wanted to transition to possession based footy with a focus on youth, Puel was available and ticked the boxes so it worked for everyone. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Looking at the rest of fixtures, why should we lose any of these? 

10 match unbeaten run coming up!

COYB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

Sadly I think this will be the case.  Too much under the bridge. 

Puel is by no means perfect but who else could've come in and so stubbornly stuck to his guns in the face of an incredibly strong senior player culture and a style of play with which we've all experienced the highest of highs.

Conflict was probably inevitable, but we must ensure we retain the gains made under him. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Sadly I think this will be the case.  Too much under the bridge. 

Puel is by no means perfect but who else could've come in and so stubbornly stuck to his guns in the face of an incredibly strong senior player culture and a style of play with which we've all experienced the highest of highs.

Conflict was probably inevitable, but we must ensure we retain the gains made under him. 

Especially how he's made the KP a fortress!