Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players rated more highly by fans of other teams

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

If anyone was daft enough to part with their hard earned believing any hype about his potential, he's probably the only one of our young players I'd happily see out of the club. 

I just don't think he's improved one dot since he got here, I don't think he's got any footballing intelligence, he nearly always makes the wrong decision, he's rarely ever shown any end product. 

He's literally still just the same championship kid we signed and he's been in the side longer than any of Chilwell, Maddison, Barnes, et all. 

All of the players that came through our academy seem to have a great work ethic and attitude. Even the ones we've moved on like Moore and Schlupp all seem to have this good culture to graft, modesty and honesty drilled in to them. 

From King to Barnes, I can't think of many we've produced here that had a questionable attitude. Joe Mattock I suppose maybe the one bad egg and that's going back pre-Pearson isn't it? 

Gray has just always seemed like a bit of a sulky diva. It might be an unfair assessment, maybe I'm stereotyping him in my head because it bit more of a "flair" player who's a tad selfish on the ball but it's always seemed a bit like he believes his own hype and doesn't want to graft.

I dunno. I'm just not a fan and haven't been for a while now. Liked him when he first popped up on the scene at the tail end of that season but now? We can really do better. 

I think he has regressed. In the league winning season he made some great cameo appearances. Intelligent use of the ball to kill games off in dying minutes. Probably given very clear instructions by ranieri... now he just looks lost 

• Like 1

We should always be cautious when declaring youngster the next best thing since sliced bread. There is a long history of promising youngster that have burst onto the scene in a blaze of glory only to fail to continue developing. For every Lineker, Beckham, Owen, Rooney, Heskey etc there are many more who faded into mediocrity. (Joachim, Andros Townsend, Any one remember Mattock ?)

How can we forget - Slimani and the army of Algerian fanboys coming on here telling us we're stupid for not building our side around him and his way of playing (he himself regularly pointed out on the pitch that it was the other ten who were all in the wrong).

You could say though they do not fall into the definition of "other clubs fans" such was their long term dedication to our club and their exhaustive depth of research into the rest of the squad :whistle:

54 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Also I still see people refer to Vardy as a one season wonder

I still see it said and written in the press that he can only be effective with space and a ball over the top. In the past 18 months most of his goals have been almost poacher like with the odd bit of pace and finish (Huddersfield this season, Burnley last season) and the occasional fabulous piece of skill (Tottenham and West Brom) thrown in.

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If anyone was daft enough to part with their hard earned believing any hype about his potential, he's probably the only one of our young players I'd happily see out of the club. 

I just don't think he's improved one dot since he got here, I don't think he's got any footballing intelligence, he nearly always makes the wrong decision, he's rarely ever shown any end product. 

He's literally still just the same championship kid we signed and he's been in the side longer than any of Chilwell, Maddison, Barnes, et all. 

All of the players that came through our academy seem to have a great work ethic and attitude. Even the ones we've moved on like Moore and Schlupp all seem to have this good culture to graft, modesty and honesty drilled in to them. 

From King to Barnes, I can't think of many we've produced here that had a questionable attitude. Joe Mattock I suppose maybe the one bad egg and that's going back pre-Pearson isn't it? 

Gray has just always seemed like a bit of a sulky diva. It might be an unfair assessment, maybe I'm stereotyping him in my head because it bit more of a "flair" player who's a tad selfish on the ball but it's always seemed a bit like he believes his own hype and doesn't want to graft.

I dunno. I'm just not a fan and haven't been for a while now. Liked him when he first popped up on the scene at the tail end of that season but now? We can really do better. 

Agree mostly, although I think his attitude is better these days. Certainly his defensive work rate has improved. 

Sadly, in the areas of the pitch where he actually needs to make an impact, he hasn't improved at all really. He lacks decision making ability, both on and off the ball. 

10 hours ago, bovril said:

When he played for us - Emile Heskey. That changed obviously. 

Going slightly off topic here, but on my League Cup Finals boxset the commentator mentions him being linked with Forest. Can anyone a bit older than me explain why a First Division Forest were being linked with one of our best players and a potential England player?

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Agree with alot of this.

I think his outstanding performances against some "lesser nations" at under 21 level game him delusions of grandeur (to quote a famous ex manager).

He typifies the modern day professional footballer at this level. The type that think they're better than the club and we owe them something rather than vice versa. 

The quicker someone drills it into him that he needs to change this outlook, the better. The deleting photos of anything Leicester on his Instagram for instance was the kind of thing youd do if you were 12.

I do think there's a quality player in there. But time is ticking for him to realise thaf potential. And his attitude plays a big part in what he will achieve.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stadt said:

You could probably make the case for Vardy based on this season. Maguire was mentioned in the other thread which I agree with, his world cup exploits stood out for most people but defensively he's a reasonable top half CB, could probably play at a higher level but I'm not sure. Ndidi probably is, good ball winner as we know but he routinely makes it into non-Leicester fans 'best of the rest' XIs. Maddison, possibly have a decent season but things like free kicks come to mind easily for other fans but he's been inconsistent so far (as you'd expect). 

Vardy? Just because he’s having one quiet season yet still being our top scorer? Nah. Maddison yes. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps you could ask him to show it a bit more then.

If we can finally move on from Vardycentric ball and play with Maddison and Tieleman on the field I'm sure you'll see Gray knocking that ball in the net.

Edited by Guest