Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players rated more highly by fans of other teams

7 hours ago, Guest said:

He's created the most chances from set plays in the league this season

Ummm ... I think there is a lot said in the Maddison thread, but this is because he took almost all of the free kicks this year? Naturally this means he would create the most chances but the real question is what were the quality of those chances? Did MacGuire have to stretch his legs beyond the far post with no chance of getting it on target? Did Vardy have to bend backwards to get to the ball with therefore no power on the shot? Did it just float over every one’s head? These are all counted as chances but are really half chances at best.

Contrast the first goal Spurs scored in the last game. Their delivery was perfect - just in front of the attacking line but beyond the reach of the keeper.  Maddison’s deliveries are not of that kind of quality yet. Dare I say that if it was Maddy instead of Ricardo trying to send the cross in for the Vardy goal, Maddy would have stuffed it up - Ricardo’s cross was perfectly positioned.

Hope he can get there but I agree with many here that he has so far been overrated.

Edited by Tom12345

11 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Echoing all the Gray comments in this thread. Such a frustrating player to watch. Seems to take momentum out of any move we build, by running down a blind alley, picking the wrong pass or misplacing his pass. 

The only thing I will say for Gray is that until Sterling turned it on last season, I had a very similar opinion of him. 

If you think back to Euro 2016 Sterling and how poor he was, it was the same mistakes he was making that Gray is now. 

Football is a strange game and I like to think the powers that be at LCFC know more about his potential and how to get it out than I do. Maybe he'll switch it on, too. 

Time's running out, though, and he's so poor at the moment. Consistently our worst player.

no offence but raheem sterling was clearly going to be one of the best players in the world when he was about 18. 

also i like gray. i’m not sure why because he is pretty much constantly rubbish but i really want him to play every week and i really want him to do well. and literally for about 4 minutes across an entire season he is pretty much ronaldo in his prime and one day he’s gonna do that every game and be a hero. maybe. 

Both Gray and Maddison have potential.

But Gray yet to deliver and Maddison still no better than Gallagher.If I had to pick the most likely Id go for maddison but I thought Liniker was shit ......But knew Heskey And Vardy would make it.

Barnes could be the one according to many West midlands friends.Tend to agree?