leicsmac

Flight Sims

On 21/01/2020 at 17:03, Wet Trump said:

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.01.21 - 16.15.56.82.jpg

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.01.21 - 16.56.51.30.jpg

What specs you got?

I haven't played a flight sim for ages. Might get back into it.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

What specs you got?

I haven't played a flight sim for ages. Might get back into it.

I’ve got:

i5-9600k (overclocked to 5ghz)

32gb 3200mhz ram

rtx 2060 6gb 

My video card does the job and I can run XP11 on pretty much max settings, but to get the most out of it an 8gb card would be better.

Oh and 4TB of HDD space for photo real scenery of most of Europe and North America.

Edited by Wet Trump
  • Thanks 1

so this looks pretty impressive, although I suspect my PC would sound like an actual jet engine if I tried to run it. But I see an Xbox one version is coming which probably could be of interest!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Where's the landing? :ph34r:

Tried to fly it about 3 time’s and each time X Plane decided to crash to desktop 😂

33 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

Tried to fly it about 3 time’s and each time X Plane decided to crash to desktop 😂

Better that than the plane I suppose :D

On 02/06/2020 at 19:56, stripeyfox said:

so this looks pretty impressive, although I suspect my PC would sound like an actual jet engine if I tried to run it. But I see an Xbox one version is coming which probably could be of interest!

thoughts on the upcoming MS Flight Simulator @Wet Trump ?

9 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

thoughts on the upcoming MS Flight Simulator @Wet Trump ?

Visually stunning. With x-plane 11 so far I’ve bought 4TB of HDD space dedicated to storing downloaded ortho photo scenery, which is free to download but the HDD space comes at a cost. The new FS streams the same scenery and does so pretty well by the sounds of it with your average U.K. connection. In theory the whole world, assuming it’s available on Bing maps should be available out of the box.

I’ve followed the development through this year and some of the screenshots they’re putting out I’ve really had to look twice to work out if it’s real or the sim.

I’ve also heard that it won’t require a top end PC to run it, although you’d probably need mid- top end which is where I sit at the moment. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out on Xbox, as addons and joysticks etc are a big part of Flight Sims.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wet Trump said:

Visually stunning. With x-plane 11 so far I’ve bought 4TB of HDD space dedicated to storing downloaded ortho photo scenery, which is free to download but the HDD space comes at a cost. The new FS streams the same scenery and does so pretty well by the sounds of it with your average U.K. connection. In theory the whole world, assuming it’s available on Bing maps should be available out of the box.

I’ve followed the development through this year and some of the screenshots they’re putting out I’ve really had to look twice to work out if it’s real or the sim.

I’ve also heard that it won’t require a top end PC to run it, although you’d probably need mid- top end which is where I sit at the moment. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out on Xbox, as addons and joysticks etc are a big part of Flight Sims.

yes, I'm intrigued by the Xbox version. I don't think my PC will handle it and I don't have loads of time to devote to it, so an xbox version would suit the more "casual" player I guess - providing it isn't too "dumbed down"

53 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

yes, I'm intrigued by the Xbox version. I don't think my PC will handle it and I don't have loads of time to devote to it, so an xbox version would suit the more "casual" player I guess - providing it isn't too "dumbed down"

I’d like to think you’d get the base version and with any luck (if they aren’t already) some of the yoke / throttle hardware are compatible with the Xbox.