Just now, The Doctor said:

What is his record? Lower half championship with Watford, abysmal failure with Reading, did well with Swansea, failure at Liverpool and left a mess that Klopp needed three years to fix, won trophies in a one team league where even Ronny Delia won titles. His record is worse than Puels - who won a French title (stronger league than Scotland) and took teams deep into Europe.

Finishing 2nd in the prem is a failure?

• Like 3

I love it. 

Top is an absolute dapper. We've got the whole football media world and Celtic fans in meltdown again. Shove it! 

It's interesting that people within the actual game itself don't have the same view of Leicester as the old donkeys of the past do in the press. 

Bring it on! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

What is his record? Lower half championship with Watford, abysmal failure with Reading, did well with Swansea, failure at Liverpool and left a mess that Klopp needed three years to fix, won trophies in a one team league where even Ronny Delia won titles. His record is worse than Puels - who won a French title (stronger league than Scotland) and took teams deep into Europe.

The players let him down at Liverpool and couldn't handle the pressure, funny how its repeating itself this year.

Just now, The Doctor said:

First manager to not win a trophy in three seasons in half a century. Transfer strategy was basically to set fire to a Scrooge McDuck vault.

Fact is his premier league record is better than Puel's, I am not saying Brendan is the best manager in the world but for a club of our size, he is a step up on Puel imo.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Let the Brendan bashing begin! 

Edited by nwl fox
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well I hope those who disliked Puel's style of play are ready to accept Rodgers because by all accounts it's pretty much the same but without having a team that is totally superior to the opposition.

we can but wait and see.

But with intensiteee.

I'm looking forward to a rapport with the fans as much as anything. Whilst I like and admire Puel, his personality was such that it never connected with the fans. Rodgers has a lot more charisma and I'm glad about that. Also looking forward to not drifiting off when listening to his interviews. 

There isn't an appointment that will keep every one happy. I think this satisfies quite a few different points for me though.

1. We've taken a manager from a club that took ours 18 years ago. When we got Puel it felt like no one in a job would touch us. That has to be progress.

2. Someone that will look to unite the club and the fans.

3. A name. Most people know how Brendan Rodgers is and his style and what that would mean to us.

4. The youth crusade we are on can continue! Has promoted youth pretty much everywhere he has been. Some great young players at Celtic also, could go back for Tierney/ Edouard who can make the step.

5. Unfinished business in the Premier league. Yes we don't expect to fight for a title, but his reputation was damaged by the time he left Liverpool. He is young,  hungry and has something to prove.

6. His missus is fit ?

All in all, I'm with him!!

• Like 2