Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

Out - shinji, simpson, James, king, diabate, slimani, mendy, ghezzal, jakupovic, silva, knight (loan), Johnson (loan) 

In - 

Rw- Mendez/bowen/lazaro

Cm- Youri/grielish

Cm- Andreas pereira/mcgregor

Forward - Rondon/adams 

If maguire or chilwell goes, I'd then replace them and strengthen other positions. Think the big question is whether we actually have money to spend without selling. It appears from the latest reports that we are not looking to sell either which hopefully suggests we have some money. 

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers isnt one for keeping things quiet but he did say a couple of times in his first press conference that he hadn't discussed budgets or transfer plans but you'd be surprised if they hadn't at least discussed the ambition which requires a lot of investment.

I think we will have to sell someone to get in Tielemans, a new striker and a winger. Our wage bill pretty much covers our whole revenue and Morgan has just signed a new deal and if Fuchs does, that only leaves Okazaki, Simpson and Benalouane off the wage bill which I bet is only around £6-7m a year. Iborra has also gone and Silva will but I bet Slimani is going to be difficult to shift after 2 abysmal seasons.

I think either Top is going to pump some in, or we are going to be cutting our cloth accordingly.

Benny was a permanent move wasn’t he?

Agree with everything else, Shinji and Simpson can go as we need younger replacements in that area. Slimani will is a priority to move on. 

22 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Out - shinji, simpson, James, king, diabate, slimani, mendy, ghezzal, jakupovic, silva, knight (loan), Johnson (loan) 

In - 

Rw- Mendez/bowen/lazaro

Cm- Youri/grielish

Forward - Rondon/adams 

If maguire or chilwell goes, I'd then replace them and strengthen other positions. Think the big question is whether we actually have money to spend without selling. It appears from the latest reports that we are not looking to sell either which hopefully suggests we have some money. 

Rondon...... no thanks.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Benny was a permanent move wasn’t he?

Agree with everything else, Shinji and Simpson can go as we need younger replacements in that area. Slimani will is a priority to move on. 

We will be subsidising his wages until the end of the season

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers seems like he wants to keep the majority of the squad together, even the ones who appeared to be leaving this summer so I dont see how we can bring many more in. 

Good... people who were listing about a dozen players to leave were always in cloud cuckoo land. I still think Fuchs will go as he wants to go home to America. But him and Wes make perfect sense to keep if you can. Older heads happy to fill squad places, which you'd only have to fill if they went anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Good... people who were listing about a dozen players to leave were always in cloud cuckoo land. I still think Fuchs will go as he wants to go home to America. But him and Wes make perfect sense to keep if you can. Older heads happy to fill squad places, which you'd only have to fill if they went anyway.

Yes, I agree. I know there's impatience amongst the fans to change too much and couple that with Puel pushing ahead to replace the majority of the old guard it's no surprise but we aren't in bad nick. The immediate stuff is Tielemans or a box to box midfielder, a striker, possibly a backup fullback and then maybe an upgrade on Ghezzal/Gray. That will see us right, longer term there's changes that will be made but it'll take care of itself.

I would much rather we press ahead with the development of our academy whether that be the natural development of local players that have been with us for years or by bringing in very talented 16-19 year olds that will be backup first team players if needs be and then kick on.

• Like 2

Buy a striker (25 mil)

Buy Tielemans (40 mil)

Sell Maguire (50 mil)

Sell Silva (in with Tielemans deal)

Sell Mendy and use Hamza on the bench (25 mil)

(Loan out Hamza if we don't sell Mendy)

Sell Soyuncu and use Josh Knight on the bench if Soyuncu wants to go and there's interest (20 mil)

Let go: Shinji, Simpson, King.

Keep: Fuchs for backup left back if our youngsters aren't good enough and he'll stay else buy a backup left back for 15 mil

Edited by Foxxed

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Buy a striker (25 mil)

Buy Tielemans (40 mil)

Sell Maguire (50 mil)

Sell Silva (in with Tielemans deal)

Sell Mendy and use Hamza on the bench (25 mil)

(Loan out Hamza if we don't sell Mendy)

Sell Soyuncu and use Josh Knight on the bench if Soyuncu wants to go and there's interest (20 mil)

Let go: Shinji, Simpson, King.

Keep: Fuchs for backup left back if our youngsters aren't good enough and he'll stay else buy a backup left back for 15 mil

In what world are we going to get 25 million for Mendy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Surely we've got to move on Che Adams.

Striker is our biggest need. He's 22 and one of the final 3 for player of the season in the championship (the other 2 are on their way to the prem with norwich and the 33yo capt of his team) and his team are not going to be promoted and have financial problems.

We looked at him last summer. Get him in before someone else does.

8 minutes ago, FIF said:

Surely we've got to move on Che Adams.

Striker is our biggest need. He's 22 and one of the final 3 for player of the season in the championship (the other 2 are on their way to the prem with norwich and the 33yo capt of his team) and his team are not going to be promoted and have financial problems.

We looked at him last summer. Get him in before someone else does.

Leicester boy as well, why wouldn't he want to move to his hometown club? Although, I think a right winger is a bigger need next season.

On 28/03/2019 at 10:25, North Leeds Fox said:

In - 

Rw- Mendez/bowen/lazaro

Cm- Youri/grielish

Forward - Rondon/adams 

If Maguire and Chilwell go none of the above would be strengthening with the exception of Tielemans. We'd be weakening with inferiors with a signal to others than if we can make something of them, we'll sell them. What do you think we'd have to pay for Grealish for example? Certainly a huge chunk of the return for Maguire, is he really worth that? I don't remotely think so,  there's a reason he wasn't snapped up last year. Probably a similar reason to why at approaching nearly 30yrs of age, nobody except us were prepared or stupid enough to buy Slimani and Silva, every player has a true value.   Sell Maguire and Chilwell and if I was Tielemans, I'd tell us to piss off, why come to a club that clearly has no ambition whatsoever. Even if I was putting myself in the shop window for a big move I'd want to go to a club with players who are going to help make me look good. At some stage you have to stop selling big players and try to develop as a team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

5 times this season ! Is that a record ? 

Not sure but it’s not good, don’t know how long he would last in the Premier League, I think he could beat Steve Walsh’s record though... 

• Like 1

Working with Budgets in mind

In:

Tielemans (£25-40m - Silva dependant price)

Brahimi (free) - out of contract, pacey goalscoring winger

Adams (£12m) - good understudy for Vardy 

A left back to cover Chilwell

Out:

The likely suspects out of contract

Maguire (unfortunately - will command a large fee and we have shown we can cope in his absence this year - although I’d much rather keep and improve him even more!)

Silva (as part of Tielemans deal ???)

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

If Maguire and Chilwell go none of the above would be strengthening with the exception of Tielemans. We'd be weakening with inferiors with a signal to others than if we can make something of them, we'll sell them. What do you think we'd have to pay for Grealish for example? Certainly a huge chunk of the return for Maguire, is he really worth that? I don't remotely think so,  there's a reason he wasn't snapped up last year. Probably a similar reason to why at approaching nearly 30yrs of age, nobody except us were prepared or stupid enough to buy Slimani and Silva, every player has a true value.   Sell Maguire and Chilwell and if I was Tielemans, I'd tell us to piss off, why come to a club that clearly has no ambition whatsoever. Even if I was putting myself in the shop window for a big move I'd want to go to a club with players who are going to help make me look good. At some stage you have to stop selling big players and try to develop as a team.

I don't want to sell chilwell or maguire. My post did not say that we should and said I would replace them only if we did. It said that I thought that we could improve 4 places in the team/squad that weren't cb or lb and put a few thoughts on who I would think we would look at based upon our normal policy of  buying young talent and other options that would improve the squad. None of us seem to know if chilwell or maguire are required to be sold to get those players but I would happily just get youri and shift deadwood as that would still make our squad so much better as he is brilliant.