Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

3 hours ago, manders86 said:

Tielemans, Depay and Mitrovic and we would be well set. All about quality over quantity now. If we spent £120m on those 3 it would be a solid investment 

We turnover about £140m a year, our wages are around £120m. If you think we are going to spend £120m on players as well then we have to sell Chilwell and Maguire.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We turnover about £140m a year, our wages are around £120m. If you think we are going to spend £120m on players as well then we have to sell Chilwell and Maguire.

I would think it may mean just selling Maguire if we got close to the 70m for him.. 

This season we sold Mahrez for 65m and spent 100m on transfers and our net spend was about the 4th lowest in the league.

Think we still turned over around 155m if my memory serves me right and we can expect a bit more in the prize money pot this year. I don't see it as hugely unrealistic to see players coming in to that value, with only one big name player leaving.

I suppose the question is, is it worth parting with a player like Maguire to make it happen?

Just now, manders86 said:

I would think it may mean just selling Maguire if we got close to the 70m for him.. 

This season we sold Mahrez for 65m and spent 100m on transfers and our net spend was about the 4th lowest in the league.

Think we still turned over around 155m if my memory serves me right and we can expect a bit more in the prize money pot this year. I don't see it as hugely unrealistic to see players coming in to that value, with only one big name player leaving.

I suppose the question is, is it worth parting with a player like Maguire to make it happen?

If it was just Maguire then yes happily, however I dont see any club paying what we think he is worth.

4 hours ago, manders86 said:

Tielemans, Depay and Mitrovic and we would be well set. All about quality over quantity now. If we spent £120m on those 3 it would be a solid investment 

Tielemans and Depay for sure. Possibly get those with the Maguire money would be superb transfer. I do think we will end up with Dan James from Swansea instead of someone of Depay's ilk.  

Ryan Babel on a free transfer might be worth a look, got himself back into the dutch squad.

Che Adams impresses everytime I see him play, obviously Tielemans is a must but I'd also want Aaron Mooy

12 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Ryan Babel on a free transfer might be worth a look, got himself back into the dutch squad.

Che Adams impresses everytime I see him play, obviously Tielemans is a must but I'd also want Aaron Mooy

Valencia, out of contract at Man U at the end of the season, might be a useful addition, especially if we can get rid of Amartey

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

Aaron Mooy is a great shout. Seems like someone who would fit right in with the team.

if we are to start both Tielemans and Maddison then you need at least 3 of that type IMO

3 hours ago, HKFox said:

Tielemans and Depay for sure. Possibly get those with the Maguire money would be superb transfer. I do think we will end up with Dan James from Swansea instead of someone of Depay's ilk.  

Lyon would want crazy money for Depay, and he wants a big move to a champions league club a la Real Madrid or someone of that ilk. Dan James looks a very good talent, would fit in with this group of players 

• Like 2

This summer for me is mainly about improving our options, every weekend I look at our bench especially in the attacking department & think to myself, none of them would make a difference. For me a good summer would be:

In:

Centre back - Benkovic (Return)

Left back - Joe Bryan £10m

Centre mid - Tielemans £30m + Silva

Cam - Lallana/Mendez £20m

Winger - Jarrod Bowen £15m

Winger - Dan James £10m

Target man - Mitrovic/Haller £25m

Striker - Adams £10m

Total £120m

Out:

Jakupovic £1m 

Maguire £65m (think he will push a move)

Elder £3.5m

Simpson - Released

Fuchs - Released

King - Released

James - Loan

Ghezzal £7m

Gray £20m

Diabate £3.5m

Kapustka - £2m

Okazaki - Released

Iheanacho  £15m

Slimani - Released

Total £117m

I know the chances of having an overhaul this big in one window are really unrealistic however for me if we are serious about being contenders for Europe then we need to move on inconsistency like Dimi & Kelechi.

Maguire is on there as I can see a big club coming in & Big H wanting the club to make it happen, however I feel we have more than enough depth to cover his loss.

5 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

We need to be looking at better quality than Aaron Mooy in my opinion.

Realistically, if we manage to sign Youri T. then we will need another player in the Maddison / Tielemans mold and they will need to be content to be a cup starter / 3rd choice. We can't afford somebody on big wages and we can't really afford to take chances on an unknown quantity. That's why I think Mooy makes sense as a 3rd choice.

10 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Realistically, if we manage to sign Youri T. then we will need another player in the Maddison / Tielemans mold and they will need to be content to be a cup starter / 3rd choice. We can't afford somebody on big wages and we can't really afford to take chances on an unknown quantity. That's why I think Mooy makes sense as a 3rd choice.

Mendez/Lallana/Talisca/Bruno Fernandez/Thorgan Hazard or even Mkhitaryan all different options that I can think of

For me if you get Mooy it’s to replace Mendy.