Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

I think there are a few areas where we need, and I’ve seen a few championship players that we could do worse than :

Dean Henderson GK (Manchester Utd - On Loan at Sheffield United) he’s kept 18 clean sheet in around 40 games this year and he’s still only 20

Jack Clarke LW/RW (Leeds) - 18 years old and looking really exciting, definitely a future prospect but if Leeds dont go up we should definitely look into it

Tammy Abraham ST (Chelsea - On Loan at Villa) Clearly improved since that Swansea loan, has over 20 goals in the league this year. Problem is with Chelsea’s embargo they may want to pool all their loanees to bulk up their squad

And Tielemans obviously - not a championship player 

Edited by 80footgiraffe

If we are looking for a backup striker, who is a target man and Deeney might be leaving on a free... there would be worse options. 

*EDIT ignore this he isnt out of contract, he was just being cheeky in his interview.  I wouldnt pay for him

Edited by Lambert09

If we can't get Tielemans, I'd like us to try for Ibrahim Sangaré from Toulouse. More of a transitional player, but also defensively sound, good dribbler, decent assist potential. 

In addition, I would like Bradaric from Hajduk Split. Very young and well-rated, if we buy him this summer for below 20 million pounds and accustom him to the PL for a year, we should have a ready-made Chilwell replacement if we are forced to let him go. 

On 08/04/2019 at 07:34, 80footgiraffe said:

I think there are a few areas where we need, and I’ve seen a few championship players that we could do worse than :

Dean Henderson GK (Manchester Utd - On Loan at Sheffield United) he’s kept 18 clean sheet in around 40 games this year and he’s still only 20

Jack Clarke LW/RW (Leeds) - 18 years old and looking really exciting, definitely a future prospect but if Leeds dont go up we should definitely look into it

Tammy Abraham ST (Chelsea - On Loan at Villa) Clearly improved since that Swansea loan, has over 20 goals in the league this year. Problem is with Chelsea’s embargo they may want to pool all their loanees to bulk up their squad

tbf i ont think we'd stand a chance getting any of them, and if we did they'd cost a pretty penny,

on Abraham, you could say hes improved but hes playing in the championship, and he did well at Bristol City before he went to Swansea and didnt do great,

personally id rather we go for Che Adams in the forward department, played well this season, has pace, young, would fit what the club are doing too, wouldnt break the bank either

29 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Kasper dohlberg must be worth at least an enquiry. Young, not playing in the big games for Ajax due to the form of tadic and despite being linked with loads of bigger clubs, nobody has taken the plunge yet. Get our kasper to have a word. 

Any striker coming here needs to be capable of playing in other positions if they are of the stature of someone like Dolberg, or young and unproven willing to learn off Vardy and take any chances that come their way.

On 08/04/2019 at 14:49, Lambert09 said:

If we are looking for a backup striker, who is a target man and Deeney might be leaving on a free... there would be worse options. 

*EDIT ignore this he isnt out of contract, he was just being cheeky in his interview.  I wouldnt pay for him

On 08/04/2019 at 07:34, 80footgiraffe said:

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If Tielemans isn't available I think we could do a lot worse than Grealish.

The Islam Slimani in-house transfer discussions 

Rudkin - What’s the player like ? 

Scouting Team - He’s shit, but I’ve seen worse

Rudkin - Ok, sign him up then 

;) 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Any striker coming here needs to be capable of playing in other positions if they are of the stature of someone like Dolberg, or young and unproven willing to learn off Vardy and take any chances that come their way.

True, the best thing would be for a son like character who fits in when kane is injured at spurs and carries on scoring, but could play on the wing when that isn't an option. With the amount of games next season, we are going to need another good striker who can fill in for vards and be rotated without any real drop as our wingers at present do not give us enough of a goal threat. 

• Like 1

do we really need that much to be honest ? 

seems brendan wants to continue with the 4-1-4-1 formation and if we can keep hold of our players we already have a decent squad 

kasper -----one of the best in the league 

rb - i would change this and go for trippier as suggested in the papers 

cb- maguire - england international 

cb - jonny evans - has proved what a class player he is 

lb chillwell -  england international and future star 

rm- ricardo ...harsh on gray but ricardo is pots for me so far 

cdm-  ndidi -- best tackler in the league (stats prove this)

cm madison - top quality player 

cm youri ---  say no more 

lm -   this is where i would go for someone to rotate with barnes 

striker -  vardy -  unreplaceable tbh 

with back up players such as   ward,soyenchu,benkovic,amartey, mendy its not to bad 

if we need to improve it would be players for back up / to push for a starting place 

rb and lb 

striker   nacho just isnt cutting it and shinji looks like hes on way out .. for me id have a pop at sturridge 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

If Tielemans isn't available I think we could do a lot worse than Grealish.

Not the nicest of players, since he’s been back from injury He has spear headed Villa into the playoffs though.

fantastic talent ??

Edited by mod hero
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Will costs the same as Tielemans which is a joke

The way Youri is going, I don't see how they'll be in the same bracket.

Monaco wanted 40m in Jan. He must be 50/60 now.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, dorsetboy said:

do we really need that much to be honest ? 

seems brendan wants to continue with the 4-1-4-1 formation and if we can keep hold of our players we already have a decent squad 

kasper -----one of the best in the league 

rb - i would change this and go for trippier as suggested in the papers 

cb- maguire - england international 

cb - jonny evans - has proved what a class player he is 

lb chillwell -  england international and future star 

rm- ricardo ...harsh on gray but ricardo is pots for me so far 

cdm-  ndidi -- best tackler in the league (stats prove this)

cm madison - top quality player 

cm youri ---  say no more 

lm -   this is where i would go for someone to rotate with barnes 

striker -  vardy -  unreplaceable tbh 

with back up players such as   ward,soyenchu,benkovic,amartey, mendy its not to bad 

if we need to improve it would be players for back up / to push for a starting place 

rb and lb 

striker   nacho just isnt cutting it and shinji looks like hes on way out .. for me id have a pop at sturridge 

Wat. You want Trippier. Why? Also, we already have Albrighton to compete with Barnes

We won't be overhauling the squad nor do we need to. A good window for me is signing Tielemans, a striker and trimming the squad down, if this came off I'd be happy.

Goalkeeper

- We have enough, can't see Schemeichel leaving either.

Defence

- RB and CB we're fine, LB may need to buy if Chilwell goes. CB if Maguire leaves I still think we're covered in that area.

Midfield

- Have too many defensive minded mids, for that I'd look to offload Mendy and stick with Hamza and Ndidi. WE NEED TO BUY Tielemans or a Tielemans "Like" player, he links our defence and attack up and has been critical. This is the Major area for recruitment, but would think we will only sign 1 player.

Attack

- Don't need wingers, got too many. Strikers wise we do need 2 but can see us recruiting 1, will be difficult to convince someone of real quality to come in and play 2nd fiddle to Vardy nor could I see us signing someone who could displace Vardy.

Personally would like an Edin Dzeko style striker, not the fastest but competent with his feet and is a physical presence in the box... a more versatile striker if I'm honest.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

We won't be overhauling the squad nor do we need to. A good window for me is signing Tielemans, a striker and trimming the squad down, if this came off I'd be happy.

Goalkeeper

- We have enough, can't see Schemeichel leaving either.

Defence

- RB and CB we're fine, LB may need to buy if Chilwell goes. CB if Maguire leaves I still think we're covered in that area.

Midfield

- Have too many defensive minded mids, for that I'd look to offload Mendy and stick with Hamza and Ndidi. WE NEED TO BUY Tielemans or a Tielemans "Like" player, he links our defence and attack up and has been critical. This is the Major area for recruitment, but would think we will only sign 1 player.

Attack

- Don't need wingers, got too many. Strikers wise we do need 2 but can see us recruiting 1, will be difficult to convince someone of real quality to come in and play 2nd fiddle to Vardy nor could I see us signing someone who could displace Vardy.

Personally would like an Edin Dzeko style striker, not the fastest but competent with his feet and is a physical presence in the box... a more versatile striker if I'm honest.

Do we? We've got 4. Ghezzal should be binned off. People always moan about Gray and Harvey is still a kid. Albrighton is super reliable but is perfectly suited to this system? Assuming Tielemans arrives permanently, a top class winger should be a priority.

• Like 2