Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

1 hour ago, Mint_Fox said:

Hope we aren't selling  N'Didi?

I don't think Rodgers rates him.

Whilst Wilf is exceptional at winning the ball back I think Rodgers wants more from that position and prefers a "quarterback" type player. 

If Rodgers doesn't rate ndidi then I don't rate Rodgers. If he can improve one or two aspects of his game (likely given his age) then we'll have one of the best players in the game in that position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Whilst Wilf is exceptional at winning the ball back I think Rodgers wants more from that position and prefers a "quarterback" type player. 

He’s going to have to phase Morgan out then because without that layer of protection (Kante/Ndidi/Mendy) it’s going to get messy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

I reckon he does. After the Bournemouth game, Brendan was giving him loads of praise. 

If Rodgers really is wanting to go to a 41212 formation and he’s looking to sign Tielemans on a permanent surely it points to us needing another cm to slot into a diamond rather than replace Ndidi

Maddison 

Tielemens.                     New Cm

Ndidi

2 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

If Rodgers really is wanting to go to a 41212 formation and he’s looking to sign Tielemans on a permanent surely it points to us needing another cm to slot into a diamond rather than replace Ndidi

Maddison 

Tielemens.                     New Cm

Ndidi

Harvey Barnes.....:thumbup:

8 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Expect us to sign at least one striker, a winger, try and get Tielemans permenantly, and then another midfielder who can play where ndidi plays.

Hamza not rated that highly Then? Surely he would be Back up to wilf?

Goalkeeeper - Strong Depth

Right back - Strong depth once Amartey is back.

Centre back - Strong depth even if Big H leaves.

Left back - Strong competition for Chilly needed.

Cdm - Strong depth

Cam/No.8 - 2 players needed in this position including Tielemans for good depth.

Wingers - 1 maybe 2 needed.

Strikers 1 maybe 2 needed.

I would imagine this is how Brendan will be looking at his squad depth in terms of competition & options. Personally think we will be looking at between 5-7 players over the summer.

Would love us to upgrade Gray with Redmond.

However his current trajectory probably sees him ending up at a top 6 club, unfortunately. 

That and we'd need to part with the best part of £40M for an English winger with plenty of years on his side.

We can live in hope.