Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

21 hours ago, Foxes04 said:

Harry Maguire - £50m

Rachid Ghezzal - £2m

Papy Mendy -£4m

Kelechi Iheanacho - £8m 

Islam Slimani - £5m

Fousseni Diabate - £3.5m 

Andy King - free

Matty James - free

Callum Elder - £250k 

Danny Simpson - free

Christian Fuchs - free

Eldin Jakupovic - free

Shinji Okazaki - free

You'd be very lucky to get that amount!

I see that lots of people are advocating Che Adams. 

I just wonder if they saw his performances in the two recent games that were closest to Premier League pace and intensity against Villa and West Brom. 

He barely got a kick in the Villa game and when he did he struggled to control it and link play up, and was so poor against West Brom he was hooked off after 70 odd minutes. 

Ive also heard him described as quick when in reality he’s no faster than Iheanacho. He certainly doesn’t have Vardy pace. 

I understand when you see a Leicester lad doing well and scoring plenty in the Championship to think he’d be a great fit, but I’m really not sure his skill set would survive the massive leap from Championship to top 10 Premier League. We’ve seen how tough it’s been for Barnes and he was arguably the standout player in the Championship before Christmas. 

Would anyone take Giroud on a free transfer? I think his contract is up at Chelsea and it doesn't seem like he will be signing an extension.

I know he is in his 30s but I think he's a decent player and would give us a different option upfront to Vardy. Could also be hurled on when looking for a win against sides that sit deep, as he could be a focal point in the box. Would perhaps be question marks over his wages and whether he'd want to come here. I think he'd get more game time than he has done at Chelsea though.

• Like 2

Went to Birmingham v Sheff Utd game a few weeks back (boss had a spare ticket). And apart from the moaning in the stands (yes worse than us), the only thing to stand out... was how good Che Adams was... best player by a mile. He can play off the shoulder of the last defender like Vardy, but also drop and play as a hold up player because of his physical strength. A feel good all rounder, who I think would only get better if we signed him...

Edited by lcfceaves

13 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Would anyone take Giroud on a free transfer? I think his contract is up at Chelsea and it doesn't seem like he will be signing an extension.

I know he is in his 30s but I think he's a decent player and would give us a different option upfront to Vardy. Could also be hurled on when looking for a win against sides that sit deep, as he could be a focal point in the box. Would perhaps be question marks over his wages and whether he'd want to come here. I think he'd get more game time than he has done at Chelsea though.

It will be up in the winter i believe

On 16/04/2019 at 18:49, Foxes04 said:

In:

Douglas Costa - £43m

Youri Tielemans - £25m + Silva

Presnel Kimpembe - £30m

Rhian Brewster - £5m

Rico Henry - £8m

Victor Camarasa - £15m

Daniel Sturridge - free

Fikayo Tomori - £7m

Total = £133m

Out:

Harry Maguire - £75m

Rachid Ghezzal - £10m

Papy Mendy -£15m

Kelechi Iheanacho - £15m 

Islam Slimani - £5m

Fousseni Diabate - £3.5m 

Andy King - £2m

Matty James - £1m

Callum Elder - £3.5m 

Danny Simpson - free

Christian Fuchs - free

Eldin Jakupovic - free

Shinji Okazaki - free

Total = £130m

Loan:

Bartosz Kapustka (Championship or league 1)

Caglar Soyuncu 

Darnell Johnson

Sam Hughes 

George Thomas

Josh Knight

Daniel Iverson

Kamal Sowah (Leuven)

We would tank like Fulham if we did something that ridiculous. And Douglas Costa and Kimpembe joining us... I am an optimist, but that is pure crazy talk. Both are excellent quality players who could join nearly any club they wanted. Heck, Man Utd would be lucky to have them, let alone us.

I know he gets a lot of stick but if the price is right I would love us to get Grealish aswell as Tielemans imagine having the option of picking 2 of Maddison, Tielemans or Grealish. 

Imo we need someone aswell as Tielemans to play that role as if either Madders or Youri get injured who really has the quality to step in that role?

On 16/04/2019 at 15:49, Foxes04 said:

In:

Douglas Costa - £43m

Youri Tielemans - £25m + Silva

Presnel Kimpembe - £30m

Rhian Brewster - £5m

Rico Henry - £8m

Victor Camarasa - £15m

Daniel Sturridge - free

Fikayo Tomori - £7m

Total = £133m

Out:

Harry Maguire - £75m

Rachid Ghezzal - £10m

Papy Mendy -£15m

Kelechi Iheanacho - £15m 

Islam Slimani - £5m

Fousseni Diabate - £3.5m 

Andy King - £2m

Matty James - £1m

Callum Elder - £3.5m 

Danny Simpson - free

Christian Fuchs - free

Eldin Jakupovic - free

Shinji Okazaki - free

Total = £130m

Loan:

Bartosz Kapustka (Championship or league 1)

Caglar Soyuncu 

Darnell Johnson

Sam Hughes 

George Thomas

Josh Knight

Daniel Iverson

Kamal Sowah (Leuven)

Dont do drugs kids. You might post like this if so

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I know he gets a lot of stick but if the price is right I would love us to get Grealish aswell as Tielemans imagine having the option of picking 2 of Maddison, Tielemans or Grealish. 

Imo we need someone aswell as Tielemans to play that role as if either Madders or Youri get injured who really has the quality to step in that role?

Only thing I'd say about that is Grealish is a lot like Maddison and could that money be better spent elsewhere, e.g. out wide where there is vast need for strengthening if you look at the stats in terms of goals and assists for the wide players this season which are terrible.

From what I've saw of Leicester this season, before and after the arrival of Rodgers I think your squad looks pretty strong in defence and midfield.  Sign two excellent wide players who can chip in between them 20 goals and assists in a season and that could make a real difference in terms of league position.  Add in a decent understudy for Vardy also.

Edited by henrik_62

26 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Only thing I'd say about that is Grealish is a lot like Maddison and could that money be better spent elsewhere, e.g. out wide where there is vast need for strengthening if you look at the stats in terms of goals and assists for the wide players this season which are terrible.

From what I've saw of Leicester this season, before and after the arrival of Rodgers I think your squad looks pretty strong in defence and midfield.  Sign two excellent wide players who can chip in between them 20 goals and assists in a season and that could make a real difference in terms of league position.  Add in a decent understudy for Vardy also.

I think for me you need:

back up left back

Tielemans 

another No.8/No.10 (Grealish)

Dan James

Jarrod Bowen

Che Adams

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think for me you need:

back up left back

Tielemans 

another No.8/No.10 (Grealish)

Dan James

Jarrod Bowen

Che Adams

That would cost a hell of a lot of money and you have the gamble there of a few players who are unproven at EPL level.  Conservatively if you include Tielemans there your looking at a £130m spend there.

i'd like to get in

alberto moreno (free)

Brais mendez (20-25 mil)

some big and physical ball playing striker (?)

tielemans (25 mil and silva) 

A victor camarrasa type player, to backup maddison 

i'd like to sell

gray (15-25 mil)

iheanacho (loan or sell)
all dead wood 

etc

7 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

That would cost a hell of a lot of money and you have the gamble there of a few players who are unproven at EPL level.  Conservatively if you include Tielemans there your looking at a £130m spend there.

How have you got £130m from that? 

Back up Left back let’s say Joe Bryan £10m.

Tielemans £25m plus Silva.

Grealish £30m or maybe not even Grealish, I think Adam Lallana is also a good shout.

Dan James £10m due to Swansea wanting to cash in with his contract.

Jarrod Bowen £15m is roughly what I’ve heard.

Che Adams £15m 

Total is £105m with that you’ve got a full squad with competition all over. That’s before you bare into account sales.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

i'd like to get in

alberto moreno (free)

Brais mendez (20-25 mil)

some big and physical ball playing striker (?)

tielemans (25 mil and silva) 

A victor camarrasa type player, to backup maddison 

i'd like to sell

gray (15-25 mil)

iheanacho (loan or sell)
all dead wood 

etc

Moreno is a good shout however can’t see him wanting to spend another season on the bench I would imagine he will go back Spain.

Big physical ball playing striker Seb Haller is someone we seriously should look at.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

How have you got £130m from that? 

Back up Left back let’s say Joe Bryan £10m.

Tielemans £25m plus Silva.

Grealish £30m or maybe not even Grealish, I think Adam Lallana is also a good shout.

Dan James £10m due to Swansea wanting to cash in with his contract.

Jarrod Bowen £15m is roughly what I’ve heard.

Che Adams £15m 

Total is £105m with that you’ve got a full squad with competition all over. That’s before you bare into account sales.

Just guestimates.

- Adams £15m

- Bowen £15m

- Given Villa knocked back £25m from Spurs I reckon your looking at, at least £30m for Grealish

- You won't be getting James for £10m given he was valued at this when Leeds agreed a fee for him and he's since went up another level and became a regular international, your talking £15m absolute minimum for him.

- Tielemans will be at least £30m even if you give them Silva given his age and interest in him, no way Monaco will value an ageing guy who flopped in EPL with no sell on at £20m.  Pretty sure the reported fee for Tielemans is £40m for example.

- Back-up left back in the £10-15m range.

Which totals £130m.

You'll do well to offload any dross that can't get a game in that no-one outwith the EPL will be willing to pay them what you can pay them and you'll have to punt them on loan, a la Musa, Slimani, etc, etc.  We suffer this on a smaller scale in that our squad players who are no good need to be shifted on loan as the level of clubs that are interested in them can't afford to pay them what we can.

Edited by henrik_62

8 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Moreno is a good shout however can’t see him wanting to spend another season on the bench I would imagine he will go back Spain.

Big physical ball playing striker Seb Haller is someone we seriously should look at.

Haller is likely to be in the Champions League with Eintracht so very much doubt he's attainable, especially as he'll be 2nd fiddle to Vardy. They've clearly got something good going there considering Jovic looks like he is happy to stay there rather than going to one of the Spanish Giants. That's not to mention Rodgers has already dismissed the idea of needing a big man plan B.

If Che Adams is attainable for a reasonable fee - that would be sensible. Likely happy with limited playing time in the short term, but has the potential to develop into a main striker. If it doesn't work out, he doesn't lose much of his resale value unless he is a complete flop (young, English, goals at Championship level etc)

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

Providing we manage to keep our main players this summer I would love for us to go for something like this next season

Would need to find some cover for the wing back positions and at most only need probably 4 players to come in including Tielemans to make this work with cover for players

DB1D39E1-A665-41E7-8C86-2D587AF35835.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Providing we manage to keep our main players this summer I would love for us to go for something like this next season

Would need to find some cover for the wing back positions and at most only need probably 4 players to come in including Tielemans to make this work with cover for players

DB1D39E1-A665-41E7-8C86-2D587AF35835.jpeg

:cry: You are making baby Jesus cry.

Don't think there is any chance of Rodgers going after a guy like Giroud, doesn't fit how he likes his teams to play whatsoever, would be incapable of pressing effectively from the front and nowhere near mobile enough.  Like has been said on previous threads also he doesn't do a plan B, target man type thing either.

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Just guestimates.

- Adams £15m

- Bowen £15m

- Given Villa knocked back £25m from Spurs I reckon your looking at, at least £30m for Grealish

- You won't be getting James for £10m given he was valued at this when Leeds agreed a fee for him and he's since went up another level and became a regular international, your talking £15m absolute minimum for him.

- Tielemans will be at least £30m even if you give them Silva given his age and interest in him, no way Monaco will value an ageing guy who flopped in EPL with no sell on at £20m.  Pretty sure the reported fee for Tielemans is £40m for example.

- Back-up left back in the £10-15m range.

James won't sign a new deal so Swansea will probably accept an identical, if not lower fee than January.

I highly doubt we'd spend £10-15m on a back-up left back given the additions needed elsewhere. Expect it to be a cheap addition or a free transfer (I'd personally go for Jonas Knudsen)