Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

24 minutes ago, ToeKneeHandCock said:

Malcom worth another look? Barely featured for Barca.

No way. They’d just try to upsell him like they did Yerry Mina, who they bought in January last year for £10m then sold him to Everton in August for £30m. 

Given they paid £40m for Malcom we should steer well clear

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

For me.... 

Tielemans

Mitrovic

Callum McGregor

A back up LB and a winger. 

It's as if your in my head Foxy Bear, these 3 for me also.

Tielemans a must

Mitrovic is a more all rounder than say Wilson

And a few Celtic fan friends say for all the talk of Tierney they believe McGregor Is the best player at the club everything goes through him and he can do everything, pass short, pass long, shoot and tackle, dare I say an upgrade on Maddison?

And the same if funds left a back up LB and Winger

• Like 1

1. Tielemans

2. Mitrovic/Joao Felix/Morelos/ any striker under £30 million that can press high, has sell on value, and will fit a possession attacking team

3. LB backup

4. RB backup (possibly the same player as No. 3, covering both FB positions like Danilo)

That's all we need imo, depending on who we sell on top of those predestined to leave. I think we should let everyone whose contract runs out leave, and sell King, Silva, Jakupovic, and maybe someone else whom I've forgotten. Loan off (or better, sell) Iheanacho to Watford. 

If we sell Maguire, I think we're prepared. If we sell any other first team member (highly doubt this will occur) then replace with quality - Lafont for Schmeichel, Tierney for Chilwell, Neres for Gray, so on.

35 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

1. Tielemans

2. Mitrovic/Joao Felix/Morelos/ any striker under £30 million that can press high, has sell on value, and will fit a possession attacking team

3. LB backup

4. RB backup (possibly the same player as No. 3, covering both FB positions like Danilo)

That's all we need imo, depending on who we sell on top of those predestined to leave. I think we should let everyone whose contract runs out leave, and sell King, Silva, Jakupovic, and maybe someone else whom I've forgotten. Loan off (or better, sell) Iheanacho to Watford. 

If we sell Maguire, I think we're prepared. If we sell any other first team member (highly doubt this will occur) then replace with quality - Lafont for Schmeichel, Tierney for Chilwell, Neres for Gray, so on.

Not a chance in hell we'd get Joao Felix! One of Benfica's most highly-rated youngsters. I'd be truly amazed and shocked in equal measure if we even had a chance of getting him in! 

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I wouldn’t be sad to see Wilf go or at least be moved into squad/bench as whilst he’s great at breaking up play simply isn’t a baller for me.

To be fair I think he's looked much better on the ball now the pressure isn't on him to be the main passer.

• Like 1

Now Brendan is here, I think we have a better chance of getting more established players than we have done before. 

I think we need a link player in midfield, a new striker is a must (Wilson would be a very good shout, if he can get back to some of that pre injury form). I think Scott Sinclair and Daniel Sturridge could be on our radar, given their affinity to Rodgers, too. Both vastly experienced and both will only be 30 at the start/near to the beginning of next season. Lallana and Ings may also fall into that bracket but I wouldn't be surprised if he looks to some of his old clubs.

I think we could see quite a busy summer, actually, thinking about it. Not probably on the same level we had with Sven but not far off.

Edited by Robin JD Popley

Really starting to think we might have a shot now in getting Tielemans, so that's a priority for me. 

I am going to be surprised if Sturridge doesn't come so he can reignite his career with Rodgers - he still should have a few years in him yet, and while no doubt he would want more playing time than he's getting at Liverpool, should be ok with not being a regular starter. 

Other than that the priority for me is a young striker to understudy for Vardy and replacement full back with both Simpson and Fuchs moving on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

I think we could see quite a busy summer, actually, thinking about it. Not probably on the same level we had with Sven but not far off.

Lots of outgoings, yes. Not convinced we want loads of incomings. More focus on quality rather than quantity. We have had plenty of guys on the bench, but very few who could really come on and make that difference when needed. 

Forget Zeyich - that ship has sailed. When he’s leaves now it’s to a top-level CL side.

Making Tielemans permanent, Mendez and a striker like Che Adams would be a a tremendous summer for me. If we need to sell Maguire to make that happen, so be it - but if so, another depth signing at CD is a must.

26-30 year old back Left Back, Chilwell needs some one who will push him as competition and someone to he can learn from, especially the defensive side of the game

Tielemans, or providing we are unable to sign him, a player of the same quality/style

A class winger, could try for Thorgan Hazard but feel like we missed our chance last summer

Mitrovic, need a big bully striker who can get on to the end of all these crosses we put in, but still has good feet in the box

Would never happen but Man city have been linked with Chilwell. Mahrez has not done great for them and they may look for more attacking options in the summer to make sure they stay ahead of Man United etc. Swap deal Chilwell for Mahrez and then sign Tierney from Celtic.