Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Not a chance in hell we'd get Joao Felix! One of Benfica's most highly-rated youngsters. I'd be truly amazed and shocked in equal measure if we even had a chance of getting him in! 

Just saw that they managed to increase his release clause from €30 million to €120 million. Welp, it was a nice fantasy. 

11 hours ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Now Brendan is here, I think we have a better chance of getting more established players than we have done before. 

I think we need a link player in midfield, a new striker is a must (Wilson would be a very good shout, if he can get back to some of that pre injury form). I think Scott Sinclair and Daniel Sturridge could be on our radar, given their affinity to Rodgers, too. Both vastly experienced and both will only be 30 at the start/near to the beginning of next season. Lallana and Ings may also fall into that bracket but I wouldn't be surprised if he looks to some of his old clubs.

I think we could see quite a busy summer, actually, thinking about it. Not probably on the same level we had with Sven but not far off.

Filling the squad full of injury prone 30 year olds... nope! We perhaps need a couple of more experienced players, but injury plagued ones scream trouble ahead.

We don't need to buy loads of players. We have loads of young players here already that need to be progressed. It's been the clubs mantra, he has a record of working with kids and said himself we have lots of young exciting talent. Buying players puts them down the pecking order, makes no sense.

The gaps are glaring, striker, left back backup, CM and maybe, maybe a winger. Anything else would depend on selling a player which won't be easy.

CM is an issue, I like the look of Tielemans but we look so raw in there at the minute it screams out for an older head to help them. But that might change the more he plays in the league.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Fillings the squad full of injury prone 30 year olds... nope! We perhaps need a couple of more experienced players, but injury plagued ones scream trouble ahead.

We don't need to buy loads of players.We have loads of young players here already that need to be progressed. It's been the clubs mantra, he has a record of working with kids and said himself we have lots of young exciting talent. Buying players puts them down the pecking order, makes no sense.

The gaps are glaring, striker, left back backup, CM and maybe, maybe a winger. Anything else would depend on selling a player which won't be easy.

CM is an issue, I like the look of Tielemans but we look so raw in there at the minute it screams out for an older head to help them. But that might change the more he plays in the league.

It's more the issue I know from other managers that they have certain players who follow them, anywhere they do.

Cloughie had it with some of his squad elsewhere... (will refrain from uttering their names). Sinclair, for me, is the most likely of his ex players. But yes, I definitely agree with you re Tielemans. 

Another thing I hope he gets us doing is spreading the play more across the width of the pitch. We have a tendency, sometimes, to get boxed in and then the idea breaks down and we lose the ball. If we are to play passing football (which is still my preferred method, ironically), then we have got to be far more composed when in possession. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Fillings the squad full of injury prone 30 year olds... nope! We perhaps need a couple of more experienced players, but injury plagued ones scream trouble ahead.

We don't need to buy loads of players.We have loads of young players here already that need to be progressed. It's been the clubs mantra, he has a record of working with kids and said himself we have lots of young exciting talent. Buying players puts them down the pecking order, makes no sense.

Theres rumblings that Milner and Henderson will be moved on next season. Would happily have either here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Theres rumblings that Milner and Henderson will be moved on next season. Would happily have either here.

If you are going for a couple of older heads I'd rather that profile that a load of crocks.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If you are going for a couple of older heads I'd rather that profile that a load of crocks.

Absolutely. Milner is the one experienced player who we tried to sign in the last few years that I'm gutted we missed out on. He would still be spot on for us. Henderson would also be very good here, would likely come and be Rodgers captain. I think if we dont get Tielemans then he will launch an ambitious attempt to get him in.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Milner would be brilliant. Given that he's unlikely to get offers from any club in the top 6 and he's worked with Rodgers previously, it would be a pretty realistic transfer. Out of contract in the summer according to transfermarkt.

Seemingly happy to be a squad player, capable of covering multiple positions*, model pro. Wouldn't surprise me if we brought him in as a player-coach, even, to work with some of the youngsters.

*Including both FB spots, which means we wouldn't have to go out and buy a backup LB (tricky given Chilwell locking down that spot) and instead could focus on developing some of the youth prospects.

Never been a huge fan of Henderson, but he had a great world cup and Rodgers seems to rate him, and he could fit in nicely as an alternative to Tielemans.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Milner would be brilliant. Given that he's unlikely to get offers from any club in the top 6 and he's worked with Rodgers previously, it would be a pretty realistic transfer. Out of contract in the summer according to transfermarkt.

Seemingly happy to be a squad player, capable of covering multiple positions*, model pro. Wouldn't surprise me if we brought him in as a player-coach, even, to work with some of the youngsters.

*Including both FB spots, which means we wouldn't have to go out and buy a backup LB (tricky given Chilwell locking down that spot) and instead could focus on developing some of the youth prospects.

Never been a huge fan of Henderson, but he had a great world cup and Rodgers seems to rate him, and he could fit in nicely as an alternative to Tielemans.

Yeah, either would be superb here. Henderson is underrated, he might not be as dynamic as Tielemans but he wouldn't fall in to the same trap that our other midfielders have done during the Puel regime. He is a class above. Got a feeling he will leave in the summer as Liverpool will chuff up a load more dough for signings.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, either would be superb here. Henderson is underrated, he might not be as dynamic as Tielemans but he wouldn't fall in to the same trap that our other midfielders have done during the Puel regime. He is a class above. Got a feeling he will leave in the summer as Liverpool will chuff up a load more dough for signings.

The more I think about it the more absolutely perfect those two would be... good call.

• Like 1

Delph totally went out of my head. Would be perfect signing. Cover for left back, cover for CM and an experienced head to bring on our youth. 

Tielemans

Mitrovic

Delph

And a winger. Go all out for Brooks? 

Those four would cost a fair amount but with the players we have would leave us with a very good squad...

Kasper

Ward

Ricardo

Amartey

Chilwell 

*Delph*

Benkovic

Evans

Maguire

Soyuncu

Tielemans

Ndidi

Hamza

Mendy

*Delph*

Albrighton

Barnes

Gray

Brooks

Maddison

Ghezzal

Mitrovic

Vardy

Nacho

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Foxes04 said:

Rico Henry

Juan Mata

Callum McGregor

Federico Chiesa

Giovanni Simeone

Olivier Giroud

Chiesa and Simeone?!

Out of that list we'd just about have a chance of getting Henry & McGregor.

48 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Delph totally went out of my head. Would be perfect signing. Cover for left back, cover for CM and an experienced head to bring on our youth. 

Tielemans

Mitrovic

Delph

And a winger. Go all out for Brooks? 

Those four would cost a fair amount but with the players we have would leave us with a very good squad...

Kasper

Ward

Ricardo

Amartey

Chilwell 

*Delph*

Benkovic

Evans

Maguire

Soyuncu

Tielemans

Ndidi

Hamza

Mendy

*Delph*

Albrighton

Barnes

Gray

Brooks

Maddison

Ghezzal

Mitrovic

Vardy

Nacho

Delph will be on insane wages - I doubt they’d break the structure for essentially a back up utility type player 

49 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Delph will be on insane wages - I doubt they’d break the structure for essentially a back up utility type player 

90k a week. Not including bonuses. 

Less than Vardy and prob 1 or 2 others.  Granted he might not be in the starting 11 every week but if we got Mitrovic, neither would Vardy. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Milner please... wish he had made himself available for the world cup - I think the team would have benefited so much from his experience.

7 hours ago, Xen said:

20 hours ago, rachhere said:

Really starting to think we might have a shot now in getting Tielemans, so that's a priority for me. 

I am going to be surprised if Sturridge doesn't come so he can reignite his career with Rodgers - he still should have a few years in him yet, and while no doubt he would want more playing time than he's getting at Liverpool, should be ok with not being a regular starter. 

Other than that the priority for me is a young striker to understudy for Vardy and replacement full back with both Simpson and Fuchs moving on.

I think Tielemans is a strong possibility now as well.

He'll probably be impressed with Rodgers and the quality of players around him at Leicester especially as many of them are of a similar age to him. If Silva performs at Monaco which he has up to now then this makes the deal a whole lot easier. 

Edited by Gerard

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

I think Tielemans is a strong possibility now as well.

He'll probably be impressed with Rodgers and the quality of players around him at Leicester especially as many of them are of a similar age to him. If Silva performs at Monaco which he has up to now then this makes the deal a whole lot easier. 

According to the Mercury we won’t have any funds to spend in the summer, whether that’s correct or not I don’t know lol