Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

In: Tierney, Tielemans, McGregor, Roberts, Adams

All of these are quite realistic imo and bar Adams they’ve all played under Rodgers. Forget Ziyech, Wilson and all that nonsense. 

Out: Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs, James, King, Silva, Mendy, Diabate, Ghezzal, Kapustka, Slimani, Okazaki

Reason for Mendy - Last year of his contract and I prefer Ndidi/Choudhury competing for the DM position. 

Reason for Ghezzal - Needs to go before it’s another ‘oh he needs another year to settle!!’.. Year goes by and he’s still average. 

Final 25 man squad (main formation, 4-3-3):

GK: Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic

RB: Pereira, Amartey

CB: Maguire, Benkovic, Evans, Soyuncu

LB: Chilwell, Tierney

RCM: Tielemans, McGregor

DM: Ndidi, Choudhury

LCM: Maddison, Tavares

RW: Roberts, Gray, Ndukwu

LW: Barnes, Albrighton

CF: Vardy, Adams, Iheanacho

The Youth additions: 

Filip Benkovic - Obvious addition to the squad.

Layton Ndukwu - We can integrate him into the squad this season imo.

Sidnei Tavares - Watched the U18s game the other day and i’m convinced he’d probs be the 2nd/3rd most technically gifted CM for our first team. He’s honestly got a bit of Tielemans about him, the way he can pick out a pass, keep possesion and drive with the ball. 

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, foxes21 said:

All of these are quite realistic imo and bar Adams they’ve all played under Rodgers. Forget Ziyech, Wilson and all that nonsense. 

Out: Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs, James, King, Silva, Mendy, Diabate, Ghezzal, Kapustka, Slimani, Okazaki

Reason for Mendy - Last year of his contract and I prefer Ndidi/Choudhury competing for the DM position. 

Reason for Ghezzal - Needs to go before it’s another ‘oh he needs another year to settle!!’.. Year goes by and he’s still average. 

The Youth additions: 

Sidnei Tavares - Watched the U18s game the other day and i’m convinced he’d probs be the 2nd/3rd most technically gifted CM for our first team. He’s honestly got a bit of Tielemans about him, the way he can pick out a pass, keep possesion and drive with the ball. 

Tierney is good enough to be the starting LB at pretty much any club I  the PL, he's not coming here for 40 million pounds to sit on the bench. Roberts would be a lot of money for someone who really is no longer much of a prospect and has suffered several injuries.  

I'm not sure why you want to sell off half the squad, either. Ghezzal, Diabaté, and Mendy staying makes sense so we don't uproot too much of the squad and make things difficult (Roberts won't be much better than them either). Especially Mendy, he's one of our only "old heads" in the squad, and is a very useful swuad player who is probably cheaper to keep than buying McGregor.

6 hours ago, foxes21 said:

The Youth additions: 

Has Mendy only a year to go ? Interesting it’s not been extended. I wonder if that’s his choice or the clubs.

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Antonio Valencia anyone? Think he's a solid player - strong, quick and a greater crosser of the ball. Him and Ricardo would be frightening on the right 

He's been a goner for a while. And at the moment at Utd, he hasn't played on the wing for ages, and is apparently known for getting into a crossing position and then just passing backward.

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Tierney is good enough to be the starting LB at pretty much any club I  the PL, he's not coming here for 40 million pounds to sit on the bench. Roberts would be a lot of money for someone who really is no longer much of a prospect and has suffered several injuries.  

I'm not sure why you want to sell off half the squad, either. Ghezzal, Diabaté, and Mendy staying makes sense so we don't uproot too much of the squad and make things difficult (Roberts won't be much better than them either). Especially Mendy, he's one of our only "old heads" in the squad, and is a very useful swuad player who is probably cheaper to keep than buying McGregor.

Agree Tierney not moving unless he 1st choice LB and not sure he'll leave anyway, I know everyone has a price but he is Celtic thru and thru.

As for McGregor he is a much better player than Mendy is, I like Mendy but McGregor has more in his locker. He can do the dirty stuff in CM and has covered in that position for Brown this season and done very well but he also drives Celtic forward with most of their play going through him he's like a hybrid of Mendy/Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison would definitely look to buy and he doesn't have that history with Celtic like Tierney it was Rodgers that brought him on.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Agree Tierney not moving unless he 1st choice LB and not sure he'll leave anyway, I know everyone has a price but he is Celtic thru and thru.

As for McGregor he is a much better player than Mendy is, I like Mendy but McGregor has more in his locker. He can do the dirty stuff in CM and has covered in that position for Brown this season and done very well but he also drives Celtic forward with most of their play going through him he's like a hybrid of Mendy/Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison would definitely look to buy and he doesn't have that history with Celtic like Tierney it was Rodgers that brought him on.

We know if we sign any Celtic player then BR knows them inside and out and better than what he has seen at Leicester. 

20 hours ago, foxes21 said:

The Youth additions: 

You'd have to be prepared for any of Maguire, Chilwell or Maddison to sign for another club too.

We've lost one of the starting XI every summer since we were champions.

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Jarrod Bowen is on fire again this season. Left footed right winger who shits goals, we could do with one of those again.

100%. This kid is class. Bowen and Che Adams from Birmingham. Yes please 

• Like 3

Ryan sessegnon to provide back up at LB and to push for a start on the wing (start 2 from him, Barnes and Gray ?

Sign tielemans on a permanent deal (Silva + £). Then sign one other CM of an attacking/creative nature. I like Ndidi/Tielemans/Maddison as a three but don’t seem to have anyone who can compete with/replace Tielemans or Maddison. Plenty of DM options to cover Ndidi.

Then two strikers. One as a long term replacement for Vardy and one as more physical threat as an option. My knowledge of the foreign leagues isn’t what it used to be but from England I’d take any from Wilson, Mitrovic, Rondon and Austin.

Then sell/release Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs (?) King, James, Ghezzal and Slimani 

On 02/03/2019 at 00:29, Nicolo Barella said:

Tierney 40 million pounds? Don't get me wrong I love Kieran. Crazy work rate but that's not enough to warrant that kind of money. He's just been through some kind of weird hip injury and that sets off all kinds of alarm bells for me. Left and right back for me are the most physically demanding positions on the pitch. Box to box insanity in a Rodgers team. Any hint of health issues would send me running.

Just saw 21.9 for Pereira. He oozes class. That's where we should be looking. Tell Celtic to go do one.

21 hours ago, SO1 said:

Tierney 40 million pounds? Don't get me wrong I love Kieran. Crazy work rate but that's not enough to warrant that kind of money. He's just been through some kind of weird hip injury and that sets off all kinds of alarm bells for me. Left and right back for me are the most physically demanding positions on the pitch. Box to box insanity in a Rodgers team. Any hint of health issues would send me running.

Just saw 21.9 for Pereira. He oozes class. That's where we should be looking. Tell Celtic to go do one.

Which Pereira is this?

CM: Tielemans for definite, then one of: cyprien, mooy, grealish, eze & sangare

Winger: Kalu, Thuram or Watkins 

Striker: Mitrovic and Adams

If chilly leaves Tierney is an obvious replacement.

If Maguire leaves, could go for Tarkowski? 

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

CM: Tielemans for definite, then one of: cyprien, mooy, grealish, eze & sangare

Winger: Kalu, Thuram or Watkins 

Striker: Mitrovic and Adams

If chilly leaves Tierney is an obvious replacement.

If Maguire leaves, could go for Tarkowski? 

No need for a maguire replacement imo with Benkovic coming back in the summer will be like a new signing

But Morgan’s not up to the standard anymore, Evans already in his 30’s and soyuncu has been far from convincing imo (I believe he will be a decent player, but don’t have the confidence that he can play regularly and be successful next season) 

On 03/03/2019 at 12:50, frany104 said:

Doucore. He’s exactly what we need in the middle of the park. Good defensively and on the ball. He’s a beast and wins everything. Massive upgrade on Ndidi.

He also 4/5 years older than Ndidi.. I still have faith Ndidi will be incredible as he reaches his peak next to someone like tielemans regularly... he has beeny held back playing next to someone who is so defensive like Mendy this season.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1