urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

I wouldn't mind, and no disrespect to the current ones, some upgrades to our u23 coaching staff. It doesn't have to be a radical overhaul, but given we're spunking a wedge on world class facilities, it'd be nice to know we've the staff to entice young prospects and to actually improve them. best to get started now and get them bedded in.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I wouldn't mind, and no disrespect to the current ones, some upgrades to our u23 coaching staff. It doesn't have to be a radical overhaul, but given we're spunking a wedge on world class facilities, it'd be nice to know we've the staff to entice young prospects and to actually improve them. best to get started now and get them bedded in.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-lose-key-member-3031393

18 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I think the club have got this in mind with new training ground coming along. 

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I think the club have got this in mind with new training ground coming along. 

7 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

So I'd like to see us linked to some staff, be they technical or coaching. Those are the rumours of targets I'd like to see alongside the regular rigmaroles. it would be evident that club would want to push on with a higher calibre of staff given their plans for the training ground, but i'd be a bit happier to see progress in staff additions/upgrades.

18 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

So I'd like to see us linked to some staff, be they technical or coaching. Those are the rumours of targets I'd like to see alongside the regular rigmaroles. it would be evident that club would want to push on with a higher calibre of staff given their plans for the training ground, but i'd be a bit happier to see progress in staff additions/upgrades.

Didn’t we hire someone for the backroom staff the other week? Can’t remember which thread it went in. I think we’ll have to be a bit patient with this to be honest. They know what they’re doing!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Didn’t we hire someone for the backroom staff the other week? Can’t remember which thread it went in. I think we’ll have to be a bit patient with this to be honest. They know what they’re doing!

I'm not impatient, well, less so than the playing staff side of thing, but this would be a helpful indicator of us 'pushing on', not just the 1st team side of things.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen anymore talk about Wilson. Apparently a little noise amongst the Derby fans we’ve bid but I’ve seen nothing 

2 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Really wanted him here as wellScreenshot_20190629-140655.thumb.jpg.8c2546613a64d4cdb7b1904e4bcf81f7.jpg

I think Brendan Rodgers should climb through his Hotel window at the last minute and persuade Adams to sign for us like O Neill did with Lennon.... :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I'm not impatient, well, less so than the playing staff side of thing, but this would be a helpful indicator of us 'pushing on', not just the 1st team side of things.

Fair point - we are making steady progress though; who could have dreamt after a decade of producing just A handful of decent players - Andy King, Jeffery Schlupp, Clucas, Liam Moore etc, that we’d end up with a full English international and another two extremely promising Premier League regulars? I hope we do start pushing on from here and have a whole generation of high quality youngsters coming through at the same time. The future is very bright!

1 hour ago, fleshdaddy said:

I'd like us to go for Dwight McNeil at Burnley.

I agree, sadly he’s linked with Juventus for £30m!

I think we need to compliment our young talent with an older head. Maybe in the centre of the park. Possibly a role for Andy King from time to time? 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I think we need to compliment our young talent with an older head. Maybe in the centre of the park. Possibly a role for Andy King from time to time? 

Why? He isn’t good enough anymore. I agree we could do with an older head but they have to be good enough. We should be doing our best to offload the likes of King and James.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Why? He isn’t good enough anymore. I agree we could do with an older head but they have to be good enough. We should be doing our best to offload the likes of King and James.

I’d get rid of James but keep Kingy.

great player to have round the club especially with the youngsters we have and more than capable to play in cups and if we’re really short.

i do think we need to add another creative player in the centre though (even if Tielemans signs) as don’t think king is good enough to fill in long term if there was an injury 

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I’d get rid of James but keep Kingy.

great player to have round the club especially with the youngsters we have and more than capable to play in cups and if we’re really short.

i do think we need to add another creative player in the centre though (even if Tielemans signs) as don’t think king is good enough to fill in long term if there was an injury 

I think it’s time for both of them to leave to be honest, for the sake of their own careers. They’re never going to get on the bench for the PL and even in the cups, Brendan has suggested he wants to take them seriously, so I can only see them making the bench for them too. Both great servants to the club, with Kingy a club legend. But we should be freshening up the squad and giving more youth a chance. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, frany104 said:

King James is dead... 

Long live the King. 

• Like 1